What do you think about... (1 Viewer)

didnt poor drew already go through this once in San Diego? Drew is our guy for at least 6 more years.

Lee - are you advocating discarding Brees after a couple of seasons? What makes you think he will be gone by then - if they pick up his option, and I have no reason to think the team won't - he will have a six year contract. Quarterbacks usually are able to play at a high level into their thirties. I don't understand why you think Brees will be ready to hand over the reins in 2 or 3 years.

NO. I am not advocating discarding Brees. I am just saying that if the timing is right in the draft and Russell is still on the board towards the end of day one......what do you do? We may gain an extra 3rd round pick anyway. We can be in the best position to take him with that extra 3rd round pick(Donte Stallworth). I have conceded that Russell is two to three years away from being an NFL starter. Why not bring him in and let him learn under Drew? No one said to let Drew go......as a matter of fact, they've already picked up his option. When you draft a QB in the 3rd round, it's an investment into you teams' future three or four years later. Russell has a great upside to not draft him in the 3rd round as a QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom