What do you think about... (2 Viewers)

some. I am not impressed with Zenon.

Oh so your not impressed with Zenon, how about Dorsey(1st rounder), Bowe(1st rounder) Doucet(future 1st rounder if he keeps playing the way he is now) Laron Landry(1st rounder), Joesph Addai( 1st rounder starter, the #1 RB for the Colts) not to mention a whole slew of other players who are/were all SEC or very good college players, not to mention year in year out LSU's had some of the top recruiting classes....LSU has some of the most talented players in the country(as much as any other team in the country) for the last several years man, where have you been?? To say LSU has bad players(and this was one of the reasons Russell has not somehow fulfilled his potential or played bad) is just as bad if not worse then saying Russell is garbage.....Trust me dude it don't take much to come in and put up big numbers at LSU when you have as much talent as they have, just ask Rohan Davey and Matt Mauck......

Anyone that thinks the Saints should spend (or even think of spending) a first round on Russell is just a homer. There is no way he's even a first rounder at this moment in time. He seems to make at least two bonehead plays a game, no matter who they are playing against.

Ok, let's assume that he slips to the late 3rd or day two. Do you take him there? So far, I have not heard any deficiencies that would prevent him from being drafted. All flaws mentioned are totally coachable and beneficial to him sitting on the bench for a couple of seasons!

Lee - are you advocating discarding Brees after a couple of seasons? What makes you think he will be gone by then - if they pick up his option, and I have no reason to think the team won't - he will have a six year contract. Quarterbacks usually are able to play at a high level into their thirties. I don't understand why you think Brees will be ready to hand over the reins in 2 or 3 years.

WE NEED JEMARCUS RUSSELL LIKE WE NEED AARON BROOKS BACK. WE HAVE BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. DOES GREAT ATHLETE, POOR DECISION MAKER RING A BELL? I do not need to look any further than LSU"s Auburn game to remind me of why people say Jemarcus could be Aaron's little brother.

Jamarcus Russell will be a top 10 pick. He plays in a pro type system and his arm is maybe the strongest I've EVER seen. NFL scouts will be drooling over him and I think it is justified. As far as the Saints drafting him, not a chance. Tampa maybe.

Oh so your not impressed with Zenon, how about Dorsey(1st rounder), Bowe(1st rounder) Doucet(future 1st rounder if he keeps playing the way he is now) Laron Landry(1st rounder), Joesph Addai( 1st rounder starter, the #1 RB for the Colts) not to mention a whole slew of other players who are/were all SEC or very good college players, not to mention year in year out LSU's had some of the top recruiting classes....LSU has some of the most talented players in the country(as much as any other team in the country) for the last several years man, where have you been?? To say LSU has bad players(and this was one of the reasons Russell has not somehow fulfilled his potential or played bad) is just as bad if not worse then saying Russell is garbage.....Trust me dude it don't take much to come in and put up big numbers at LSU when you have as much talent as they have, just ask Rohan Davey and Matt Mauck......

Nowhere have I said that I think LSU has bad players. What I said was that people say that LSU have garbage players. I said if that is so lthen how come they win alot of games. I think they have a lot of players that can go in the first 2 or 3 rounds. All 3 receivers should be a 1st or 2nd round pick. Their linebackers are good. Their dline is one of the best. Their safeties should be 1st rounders. I am a LSU homer but just because I love LSU doesn't mean I think all the players should be 1st round picks. It is because they are so good that I think they should be high draft picks. Understand now?

to me Russell is a combination of Brooks and Culpepper. He tends to drill every pass like Brooks which makes it harder on his receivers, and has the size and lacks mobility like Culpepper. He's not that accurate, doesn't read defenses very well, locks onto his guy in key situations, and doesn't manage the game well. Granted he has all the physical tools you could ever want in a QB, but i don't think he would be a good fit with us. Look for Saban to draft him if Culpepper's knee doesn't heal.

If we are going to draft anyone off the LSU team, i say we need Bowe, Ali Highsmith, or DT #72 Claude something.

to me Russell is a combination of Brooks and Culpepper. He tends to drill every pass like Brooks which makes it harder on his receivers, and has the size and lacks mobility like Culpepper. He's not that accurate, doesn't read defenses very well, locks onto his guy in key situations, and doesn't manage the game well. Granted he has all the physical tools you could ever want in a QB, but i don't think he would be a good fit with us. Look for Saban to draft him if Culpepper's knee doesn't heal.

If we are going to draft anyone off the LSU team, i say we need Bowe, Ali Highsmith, or DT #72 Claude something.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/src/dat...SPSID=27813&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200#TEAM.IND

http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2006-2007/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND

This is a comparison of Russell and Quinn. What is the big difference between the two? Not much at all.

Not that accurate with his passes? What games are you watching? I think 70% completion and passing rating of 172.35 is pretty good.

#72 Claude Wroten I think was drafted already.

Last edited:
The real question is where is Craig "Buster" Davis going to be drafted. This guy will be a steal if he falls to the third!!!!

stats wise Bowe is having a better year. TD wise and average per catch wise. But I wouldn't mind any of the receivers with Doucet being the last to be chosen.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/src/dat...SPSID=27813&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200#TEAM.IND

http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2006-2007/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND

This is a comparison of Russell and Quinn. What is the big difference between the two? Not much at all.

Not that accurate with his passes? What games are you watching? I think 70% completion and passing rating of 172.35 is pretty good.

#72 Claude Wroten I think was drafted already.

I'm not sure what that "efficiency" category is. It is not the typical QB (passer) rating. Using an on line calculator, Russell's QB rating would be 116.8. You can access that here:

http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html

Not that 116 is shabby. It is excellent. Just stumped at what that "efficiency" number really is. Is there a different calculation used in college?

BTW, Brady's QB rating is 110.6...

Last edited:
We dont need him. We got Drew and when the time comes we will draft a QB. Now is not the time and I doubt Payton will draft a QB high in the draft when we have more pressing needs. Russell would not be anything close to Brees either.Payton is\ was QB coach so Im sure he will know just who to draft when the time comes.

Look for a qb to be drafted, but in a latter round to be groomed as a 3rd stringer.
to be able to carry the torch if something happens.
But, we NEED a serious MLB, and another DT for rotations.. LEISLE seems to be a catastrophe waiting to happen.
I wouldnt' be dissapointed if we drafted, MLB, MLB, DT,CB,OG,TE,DT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom