What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (5 Viewers)

Watched the first two episodes of Raised by Wolves. Hasn't completely pulled me in, yet. Switched to season 3 of Westworld, since I forgot that I hadn't watched it already.

I started watching Zelenskyy's show 'Servant of the People' on Netflix. The first episode has a good 10-15 chuckles. And by episode 4, I paused to actually laugh out loud (that's how I measure comedies).

I haven't watched many foreign comedies. A few British shows here and there on PBS, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm not a huge fan of subtitles because I miss the stuff that plays out on the actor's faces. But I don't mind it here.

The supporting cast is great. It's something light that lifts my spirits. I'd recommend. So far, it's genuinely funny.

We finished Mad Men and the last episode pretty much stunk. I don't think it really wrapped up the story.
We started Homeland. Four episodes in and it's OK, but not necessarily compelling at this point. I could take it or leave it.

We finished Mad Men and the last episode pretty much stunk. I don't think it really wrapped up the story.
We started Homeland. Four episodes in and it's OK, but not necessarily compelling at this point. I could take it or leave it.
It (Homeland) gets better, a lot better imo. Wife and I watched the entire series. Would watch again.

We liked the first 3 or 4 seasons, next, was OK, then lost interest. The successive seasons couldn't keep up the tension of the first few without getting repetitive or ridiculous.

I've been binging Hot Ones on Youtube..

And this is probably one of the best ones ever. For the host. Cause Dave is great. But, not as funny as the Gordon Ramsey one, where he's mostly angry.

BTW, language warning.

I just started it. It's SO depressing.
It TOTALLY is.

But it feels like a 'sweet' sadness to me.

You know how sometimes things can make you perfectly happy? Seventy degrees, a clear blue sky and you're leaving work early on a Friday. Finding a picture you thought was lost forever mixed in with some old papers. Extra chicken tenders in your bag (one of THE BEST feelings ever).

I feel like things can be perfectly sad as well.

I refuse to watch Euphoria during the day or when I'm sober.

It's meant to be watched at 2am when I'm too drunk to drive. Wide awake, yet completely exhausted from stewing about something crappy that happened earlier.

But if you don't have that underlying sadness that needs to be soothed... it can be incredibly depressing.

It (Homeland) gets better, a lot better imo. Wife and I watched the entire series. Would watch again.
We've finished episode 7 and it still feels not quite right. We'll keep watching it.

It TOTALLY is.

You know how sometimes things can make you perfectly happy? Seventy degrees, a clear blue sky and you're leaving work early on a Friday. Finding a picture you thought was lost forever mixed in with some old papers. Extra chicken tenders in your bag (one of THE BEST feelings ever).

It's meant to be watched at 2am when I'm too drunk to drive. Wide awake, yet completely exhausted from stewing about something crappy that happened earlier.

But if you don't have that underlying sadness that needs to be soothed... it can be incredibly depressing.

I get this….it’s sad, depressing and at the same time the character development (whether you like the character or not) is outstanding….episodes showing the characters from a young age and what they went through really helps to understand how they became who they are….I really like the show but can be very tough to watch

It TOTALLY is.

Again, I'm three episodes in but I just feel so badly for everyone. They've made sex and drugs about the least fun-looking things that they could.

Again, I'm three episodes in but I just feel so badly for everyone. They've made sex and drugs about the least fun-looking things that they could.

Agreed and I think when you grow up so utterly dysfunctionally sex and drugs really aren’t fun and games…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom