Where is Deuce Windham? (1 Viewer)

I just saw it as an attempt at humour as we all watched the wheels finally fall off our season. Not really to my taste, but surely not worthy of people still trying to cancel him 10 months later?!

It got way out of hand, and got so bad he had to contact the police b/c someone threatened the life of him and his family. All because of a tweet

It got way out of hand, and got so bad he had to contact the police b/c someone threatened the life of him and his family. All because of a tweet
Fans go overboard sometimes and I think we need to remember it's just a game. Yes, everyone feels better when we win but it's not more important than the health and wellbeing of your family and friends. I don't want to hate anyone and if he apologized we can move on. I enjoy his breakdowns and the stuff he does with Ross.

His youtube was hacked and now seems to have been entirely removed by youtube.

Someone on here said he's doing Who Dat Confessional on twitch till he gets it sorted.

Appreciate the information!!

But if Brees walks after yet another playoff failure in 2019, Brady is a Saint and the Saints are likely holding their second Lombardi and possibly a third (while also likely keeping guys like T-Rex, Jackrabbit, and most importantly, Sanders, which is looking like a huge loss now). Is that short-sighted? Nope. It's called being a realist.
You think Brady's cap number would have been lower than Brees'? We were cash strapped regardless. Too many good contracts on this team and well deserved. Couldn't keep everyone period.

This is the definition of talking out both sides of your mouth. Don't say you care about the team's overall success if you're willing to mortgage it for one player's feelings, no matter who that player is.

It's possible the believe Drew Brees did great things here and also overstayed his usefulness as a player. Giving up a year or two of cap space well after that player's usefulness has run out is shortsightedness. That kind of cap space keeps a guy like Trey Hendrickson here or lets us hold onto Emmanuel Sanders so we aren't stuck with #3/#4 receivers as our #1s.

Woah, are you putting words in my mouth? I never said that. Of course I care about overall team success but it's not all I care about.

I had the mindset going into the 2020 season that if he wants to come back, I'm cool with it for all of the joy he's given us over the years. If it's a fairytale story, awesome. If not, time for a new chapter. Who else was going to lead us to a Lombardi last year? Taysom? Jameis with no offseason?

Life post Brees was always going to be difficult for the Saints, both on the field and in terms of the salary cap. I'm just not so concerned with 1 year that I'm going to just toss away a guy who has re-defined a franchise.

I already said that I respected your opinion that he shouldn't have come back. It's the tone of disgust and disrespect in that guys tweet that I have an issue with, and obviously you agreeing with the tweet set me off. Sorry for firing off at you.

Last edited:
Woah, are you putting words in my mouth? I never said that. Of course I care about overall team success but it's not all I care about.

I had the mindset going into the 2020 season that if he wants to come back, I'm cool with it for all of the joy he's given us over the years. If it's a fairytale story, awesome. If not, time for a new chapter. Who else was going to lead us to a Lombardi last year? Taysom? Jameis with no offseason?

Life post Brees was always going to be difficult for the Saints, both on the field and in terms of the salary cap. I'm just not so concerned with 1 year that I'm going to just toss away a guy who has re-defined a franchise.

I already said that I respected your opinion that he shouldn't have come back. It's the tone of disgust and disrespect in that guys tweet that I have an issue with, and obviously you agreeing with the tweet set me off. Sorry for firing off at you.

The comment is worth an "oof" but to get offended on Brees' behalf and dump on one of the better Saints content creators is way overboard. I had no idea the guy got a death threat over it too and that's just beyond insane.

I get the attachment to the greatest player to ever wear black and gold. He deserves every bit of praise he gets and more. But like I said earlier, if he leaves after 2018 we maybe get to keep Hendrickson or Sanders and I think we'd all be happier with either of them right now.

And honestly, after more than ten years of expecting a Super Bowl or the season was wasted, I'm really happy to just enjoy each win for what it is.

I'm not trying to be ugly with anybody but holy smokes there are so many worse things Deuce could have said about Brees after that game. The outrage over the comment is/was kinda outrageous.

Saints Total offense rankings:

2018- 8th
2019- 9th
2020- 12th
2021- 29th

Yep, sure glad Drew retired.
I really don't think we need to go down that road because we all know how those last 3 seasons ended. Unless Drew got a hold of whatever Brady is juicing with, it had to come to an end at some point. Drew is the GOAT for us and now we are 4-2 in unchartered territory despite our current offensive rank.

You yourself are being narrow-sighted, though, so I honestly can't see why you're calling someone short sighted. I get it, to many Brees is the savior of the Saints and NO, and he'll always have the legacy. Problem is with that is that it makes people forgetful, or perhaps better said, makes people put on rose-colored lenses. The 2006-2016 teams were very different to what we have now. In the last 4 seasons, any game-manager could've taken the Saints to the playoffs with the teams that they put on the field. Anyone with a slight touch more arm strength (so defenses can't sit on short passes) is walking this team into one or more Super Bowl(s). I mean, do you ever notice how the blame of those playoff losses always gets forced onto someone else? That's called denial. Short of the Vikings WC game (and even then he did), Brees has played an active role in every playoff loss this team has suffered.

2017 DIv: 25/40, 294 yds, 3TD, 2INT. Held scoreless in the first half. Who gets blamed for a game that shouldn't've been close to begin with? Marcus Williams.
2018 NFCCG: 26/40, 249 yds, 2TD, 1INT. Had plenty of chances to score, defense held down a dominant offense 23 points, and even got the ball in OT. A game-losing interception. Who gets blamed? The Refs.
2020 Div: 19/34, 134 yds, 1TD, 3INT. Once again, defense shuts down Brady and that offense. Brees continues to spiral into 3 picks, and somehow Jared Cook gets the flack for his second fumble of the season. This game was lost by Brees, not Cook.

Now, how can you look at those stats (plus film) and not say Brees was the deciding factor in all of those games? Call it short-sighted, flavor of the week, or whatever pejorative you'd like to use for someone who doesn't agree. But if Brees walks after yet another playoff failure in 2019, Brady is a Saint and the Saints are likely holding their second Lombardi and possibly a third (while also likely keeping guys like T-Rex, Jackrabbit, and most importantly, Sanders, which is looking like a huge loss now). Is that short-sighted? Nope. It's called being a realist.

Plus film? Buddy, you don't watch film if you think any game manager with a slightly stronger arm is leading this team to consecutive seasons of 11, 13, 13, 12 wins all being division titles. It's not Drew's fault the front office waited until past his prime to start learning how to draft and put a competitive team behind him. 2012-2016 was just wasted with pitiful team building.

But to actually believe that just a game manager with a slightly stronger arm could have done what he did those years? No man. He was putting up career numbers, constantly breaking his own accuracy and passer rating numbers in the process. He was straight up carving defenses up, putting the ball where he wanted. We were still pass heavy but with the short approach, but it worked. We knew playoff games were going to be dog fights. As ugly as it was, he still put us in a position to win in 2017 if not for a miraculous play. 2018? Really, you're digging that deeper? We had the game won. No if ands or buts. Bringing up his interception in overtime? Same one where he got hit in the face? Nah man. Saints won that game. 2019 is what it is, that truly was the end. 2020 sucked, and I'm not forgiving how he played but I do not know how you can defend Cook. We were driving to go up 14. It's a different ballgame if we score there.

You do not understand the game of football of you honestly believe that any game manager with just a stronger arm could have led us to that level of success in that span.

Sorry we didn't get Tom Brady, bro. I know that must reallllllly crush you. Also not sure if you're watching football, but Jackrabbit is absolutely horrible this year and every corner on our roster is better than him.

The comment is worth an "oof" but to get offended on Brees' behalf and dump on one of the better Saints content creators is way overboard. I had no idea the guy got a death threat over it too and that's just beyond insane.

I get the attachment to the greatest player to ever wear black and gold. He deserves every bit of praise he gets and more. But like I said earlier, if he leaves after 2018 we maybe get to keep Hendrickson or Sanders and I think we'd all be happier with either of them right now.

And honestly, after more than ten years of expecting a Super Bowl or the season was wasted, I'm really happy to just enjoy each win for what it is.

I'm not trying to be ugly with anybody but holy smokes there are so many worse things Deuce could have said about Brees after that game. The outrage over the comment is/was kinda outrageous.

It was an offensive comment to me and a lot of others, period. Obviously the death threat is insane and I do not condone that.

His content was okay but nothing I can't live without.

I don't necessarily disagree with everything you're saying, but the what if comments are pointless. It's irrelevant. What matters is how we handle what's in front of us. You can't go back and change the past, so let it go. Drew is gone and we got other players to talk about.

As far as Windham's comments, they clearly were classless coming from someone who is trying to build a reputation as an analyst. I've liked some of his stuff and others were okay. The criticism comes with the territory when you put yourself out there as an analyst or expert. That shouldn't be surprising. The nasty comments and threats were reprehensible, but no one on this thread has said anything close to that.

Anyway, seems like this didn't really warrant as much attention as it's gotten. Respectfully, there are better things to discuss, imho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom