Whiffing the Draft has finally shown up (1 Viewer)

Ruiz was just a bad pick… I hated it at the time, and it hasn’t gotten any better.

Huge red flags popped up for me when he started crying after he was selected… I can’t remember any dude I’ve seen cry when drafted turn into a really good player. Maybe Vernon Davis? ..but that took like 5-6 years before he became better than average… prior to that he was a knuckleheaded bust.
Takk McKinley? Crying while holding a full size portrait of his grandma and dropping F-bombs! Total bust.. 🤦‍♂️
I feel like there are numerous guys every year that we get to see cry on TV when they are drafted.
Imagine how many of them cry at some point when the cameras aren't on them.

I wouldn't say we've been terrible at drafting since '17, the only noticeable whiffs IMO are Ruiz, Trautman, and TQS....Davenport is a monster on the field, that isn't a miss.

TBH I wouldn't really call Trautman and TQS whiffs anyway, they're both 3rd rounders...its just that we failed to build those positions appropriately thrusting them into a position where they were bound to be unsuccessful.

I'd put WR and TE 1 and 2. It has been obvious the past 2 seasons that we have neither. I hate to say it, but you can keep beefing an oline, but it does no good if you have no one to catch a ball.
That's exactly how I feel...but someone brought it to my attention that without a good O Line we can't run or throw the ball, so I kinda see their side that maybe we might need O line help...but jokes on them, our head coach is Sean Payton, WE'LL NEVER RUN THE BALL!!!!

You sure about that Clark? Maybe you meant we used 2 1st picks on Davenport because we certainly didn't trade 2 first round picks for Davenport.
I forgot who we traded with but it doesn't matter, when the trade was announced, what was said? I'll help you, other team gets two 1s from us and we receive a 1 from them. That's trading two 1s for the 1 we received. The "swap" doesn't negate us trading it away.

...but jokes on them, our head coach is Sean Payton, WE'LL NEVER RUN THE BALL!!!!

We have finished in the top 5 for rushing attempts 3 out of the last 4 seasons (including this one).

While ranking 23rd, 13th, 25th and 30th in passing attempts.

How much running is enough?

2017 Draft was gangbusters. Since then

Our 1st Round Draft Picks have been :
Marcus Davenport x two #1’s
Cesar Ruiz
Payton Turner

Our 3-6th round picks have been depth contributors and ST players like they at least should be. But our 1st Round picks have been misses. Flat out. You can’t miss that bad that often and sustain Championship Football. Our 1st Round guys can’t get on he field (Davenport and Turner ) or have been reserve level performers ( Ruiz)

- Traded (2) 1st Round Picks for Davenport. Small school freak athlete has been injury prone
No 2nd Rd Pick
3rd TreQuan ( depth WR )
4th Rick Leonard ?? Cut
5th traded
6th Kamrin Moore
7th Will Clapp

2019-
No 1st
2nd - McCoy
4th - CJGJ fell bc of character concerns A+
6th/7th Kaden Ellis / Saquon Hampton / Alize Mack

1st Cesar Ruiz
3rd Zach Baun
5th Trautman
6th traded up for Tommie Stevens and cut him

1st Payton Turner
2nd Pete Werner
3rd Adebo
4th Ian Book
6th Landon Young
7th Kawan Baker
Calling our drafts out as anything other than good is terrible.

We have a collection of drafted AP and Pro-bowlers over the past 5 years and Davenport is arguably the best DE in the league when healthy.

I forgot who we traded with but it doesn't matter, when the trade was announced, what was said? I'll help you, other team gets two 1s from us and we receive a 1 from them. That's trading two 1s for the 1 we received. The "swap" doesn't negate us trading it away.
What round was Davenport drafted? The first. You can’t trade away two picks and still draft someone with a first round pick you traded away. I never heard anyone say anything about when a team swap picks in rounds 3-7 that the team traded the away 2 3rds for a higher pick. Teams move up and down all the time. Team A could have pick 75 in the 3rd Team B has pick 92 in the 3rd. Team b trades pick 92 and a 4th to team A for pick 75. So does team A now have 2 3rd picks? No they have one and Team B has one 3 round pick. It’s an even 1 for 1 in the 3 round with team A getting an extra 4th to move down. Trading 3 1s for Jamal Adams is trading 3 first round picks. Seattle now has no first round pick for 3 years. The Saints traded with the Packers each team had a first round pick. Each team selected someone in the first round just in different spots. They got an extra first in the next draft to move down. If the Saints stayed at their spot and traded the next two first round picks it’s 2 for 1.

What round was Davenport drafted? The first. You can’t trade away two picks and still draft someone with a first round pick you traded away. I never heard anyone say anything about when a team swap picks in rounds 3-7 that the team traded the away 2 3rds for a higher pick. Teams move up and down all the time. Team A could have pick 75 in the 3rd Team B has pick 92 in the 3rd. Team b trades pick 92 and a 4th to team A for pick 75. So does team A now have 2 3rd picks? No they have one and Team B has one 3 round pick. It’s an even 1 for 1 in the 3 round with team A getting an extra 4th to move down. Trading 3 1s for Jamal Adams is trading 3 first round picks. Seattle now has no first round pick for 3 years. The Saints traded with the Packers each team had a first round pick. Each team selected someone in the first round just in different spots. They got an extra first in the next draft to move down. If the Saints stayed at their spot and traded the next two first round picks it’s 2 for 1.
You're wrong. How many 1st round picks did the Packers receive? Answer that question and only that question.

You're wrong. How many 1st round picks did the Packers receive? Answer that question and only that question.
They receive one how many players did the Packers draft in the first one of the 2018 draft. They got a 2019 first one pick. They already the 14th Pick in the 2018 draft. the got the 14th from them by swapping draft spots and giving them the next years first. Ok if I have a hundred dollar bill and ask you to give me change and you give me 5 20s do you have 200 dollars or the same hundred dollars in a different form? You can say yes I will charge you a tax for changing it out so I give you a 10. What did you a gain a 10 not another hundred.

Overall, they received two 1st round picks and a 5th round pick. In return, the Saints received one 1st round pick.

The cost to the Saints for moving up 13 spots in the 2018 draft was two additional picks for the Packers... a 5th rounder in 2018 and a 1st rounder in 2019.

They receive one how many players did the Packers draft in the first one of the 2018 draft. They got a 2019 first one pick. They already the 14th Pick in the 2018 draft. the got the 14th from them by swapping draft spots and giving them the next years first. Ok if I have a hundred dollar bill and ask you to give me change and you give me 5 20s do you have 200 dollars or the same hundred dollars in a different form? You can say yes I will charge you a tax for changing it out so I give you a 10. What did you a gain a 10 not another hundred.
DIdn't even answer the question.

Overall, they received two 1st round picks and a 5th round pick. In return, the Saints received one 1st round pick.

The cost to the Saints for moving up 13 spots in the 2018 draft was two additional picks for the Packers... a 5th rounder in 2018 and a 1st rounder in 2019.
They received TWO 1st round picks thus it costs us two 1st to draft Davenport. This isn't rocket science.

The 2017 draft was so monumental that it might be the best NFL team draft in history! You can’t compare any other draft to that exception to the rule. The Saints have done fine drafting other than not addressing the QB position, but they have a chance at Winston and I believe he’s the answer. He just got injured…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom