Will Deshaun Watson ask for a trade (1 Viewer)

No matter who our backup is, this would be the best QB situation we could have expected, or dreamed of, to replace Brees with.. period. Watson, under Sean Payton's tutelage could eventually come close to matching what we had in Brees. It's highly likely that we will never have a QB that eclipses what Brees has done for us, nor should we expect to find one in this lifetime. This is as good of an opportunity as we will ever have to minimize the drop-off from Drew to his heir.

Loomis and Sean Payton need to make this their #1 priority the moment the Saints close the book on the 2020 season.

A couple of questions? One, why did he sign an extension when he knew the direction the team was going; with a no-trade clause. Two, has any team traded a QB of this caliber under 30?
Sand Diego traded a decent QB under 30....I think his name was Drew something or other ....Falcons traded another to Green Bay who's name was Brett something or other ....Steve Young from Buccs to 49'ers....shall I go on ??

Sand Diego traded a decent QB under 30....I think his name was Drew something or other ....Falcons traded another to Green Bay who's name was Brett something or other ....Steve Young from Buccs to 49'ers....shall I go on ??
Check your facts on that first one, you'll find he was a free agent šŸ˜Ž

Drew was a free agent and was not yet the Drew Brees that would be an elite QB. Neither Favre nor Young were QBs close to the caliber of Watson when they were traded. They became those guys, but they certainly weren't when their teams gave them away...

This would be the equivalent of Peyton Manning getting traded in his 5th year in the league......

A pocket QB works better in our offense (Mac Jones or Stafford, Darnold)..We already have a running QB...(Taysom)!! Even if we wanted Watson, we dont have enough draft capital since we be picking at the bottom ....Of course we can trade away Kamara and Lattimore, and some picks, but that's just killing what we built....I say NO THANKS!
I think Payton wants a more mobile QB. It is the reason Taysom started & was resigned. I don't see the Saints signing or drafting a 'pure' pocket passer.

I think Payton wants a more mobile QB. It is the reason Taysom started & was resigned. I don't see the Saints signing or drafting a 'pure' pocket passer.

Great point, and I think the idea of a pure pocket passer may be a dying breed anyway. Most college teams run the spread. So those are the QBs that are coming out

The problem is you're comparing to HC and not wanting to play for a HC. This is Watson complaining about GM level like he owns the team type stuff. I wouldn't want that on our team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom