Will Deshaun Watson ask for a trade (1 Viewer)

This tr

Watson would require 3 firsts to start with. Including a high one. Probably a star player too.

And if that’s the case nobody will trade for him. You also have that high contract. Nobody is going to give up 3 firsts, a star player and 35mil/yr. I would give two 1sts. Or a 1st and two 2nds.

His Salary for next year is a bit low but it jumps to 35M in 2022 and in 2023 he has a 20m in salary and 17M in roster bonus, all of that is guaranteed. That is slightly over 82M for the first 3 years whoever trades for inherits plus at least a 1st round pick and likely more than that. Houston will have a hard time getting a team to want him at that price.

you’d redo his deal. He’s got an out after 2022 anyway so your want to get him to a longer deal anyway. That being said I doubt Houston is trading him any time soon

Being consulted doesn't mean he has final say. They may have well asked his opinion but but he can be over ruled. If he had final say then he would have had to retire as a player and become the President of football operations for Houston.

Another thing I I have read here in numerous posts is that the Saints should use Winston as trade bait. What they fail to realize is that he is not under contract for next year so that is out unless they re-sign him first which will likely mean a signing bonus the Saints will have to pay.

Did you read the article? They didn’t even reach out to the candidates Watson endorsed.

He was told one thing, then they did another. That’s the point. They didn’t even seriously entertain his input.

I'd love to have him at almost any price. He's an absolute stud. If they told him one thing and then did another on top of everything Buttchin did, I can see that causing a break that can't be healed.

I think some people are missing the point. It's not that some teams (Miami and San Francisco) could offer more to Houston in a trade, it comes down to does Watson OK that deal. He has a no trade clause, meaning he can influence his destination. He can't 100% call his shot, but if he said: trade me.....to New Orleans, the Texans can either accept the offer from the Saints or keep their ticked off QB. I have no idea if Watson wants to play in New Orleans, but if he really did, he could almost say. Houston, we have a problem.

He's worth a lot of draft capital and probably a top player.

If I had expectations for a Watson trade....

1, In this trade... We have to make it possible to take his GTD money, but I think his GTD is from year to year.

2. Bare minimum draft assets
3 1st Round Picks
1 2nd Round picks

3. A Good starter in return. Probably on defense.

Yes yes and YES! Watson is one of the best quarterbacks in the nfl and lord help the nfl if you put him with Sean peyton🤩. We would have a top 5 qb for the next 10 years!

Ok, after reading this article, here is my problem with Watson. It clearly explains his cryptic tweet that everyone here thinks he wants out. Instead, his tweet is about the hiring of personnel that was not his recommendations.

First, since when are QBs or any player on the team that resulted in a particular hire? Rodgers was not happy with the hiring of LaFleur and look how that is turning out. As far as the trading Hopkins goes, that's nothing new and even Brees has been caught in that moment of not knowing someone was traded. Why should any player on a team have a decision on who is going to be at management levels? Do players think they deserve the right to choose a GM or coach of their liking now? To be upset in upper management level decisions when his job is to play QB, I guess that's what bothers me. If he was never happy about management decisions, he should have never signed an extension there.

I think it is now bordering on inevitability at this point that he's going to be traded.

I think it is now bordering on inevitability at this point that he's going to be traded.
I think it is now bordering on inevitability that people can talk to each other and smooth things over pretty easily, when it comes to keeping one of the best young players in the league on your ballclub.

A pocket QB works better in our offense (Mac Jones or Stafford, Darnold)..We already have a running QB...(Taysom)!! Even if we wanted Watson, we dont have enough draft capital since we be picking at the bottom ....Of course we can trade away Kamara and Lattimore, and some picks, but that's just killing what we built....I say NO THANKS!

A pocket QB works better in our offense (Mac Jones or Stafford, Darnold)..We already have a running QB...(Taysom)!!
200.gif

A pocket QB works better in our offense (Mac Jones or Stafford, Darnold)..We already have a running QB...(Taysom)!! Even if we wanted Watson, we dont have enough draft capital since we be picking at the bottom ....Of course we can trade away Kamara and Lattimore, and some picks, but that's just killing what we built....I say NO THANKS!

Watson can throw from the pocket. He can throw on the run. He can get yards with his legs.

Have you watched him play?? He completes 67% of his passes. He is a top 5 QB by any reasonable measure and better than any of the guys you name. Other than Mahomes, you could make an argument he's the best QB in the league right now. Maybe I'd take Rogers and Wilson over him. I can't think of anybody else. And he's way younger than Rogers.

IMO, franchise QBs in their prime don't get traded so I think he's staying in Houston, but hell yeah I'd take Watson with Sean Payton.......

Ok, after reading this article, here is my problem with Watson. It clearly explains his cryptic tweet that everyone here thinks he wants out. Instead, his tweet is about the hiring of personnel that was not his recommendations.

First, since when are QBs or any player on the team that resulted in a particular hire? Rodgers was not happy with the hiring of LaFleur and look how that is turning out. As far as the trading Hopkins goes, that's nothing new and even Brees has been caught in that moment of not knowing someone was traded. Why should any player on a team have a decision on who is going to be at management levels? Do players think they deserve the right to choose a GM or coach of their liking now? To be upset in upper management level decisions when his job is to play QB, I guess that's what bothers me. If he was never happy about management decisions, he should have never signed an extension there.

Farve forced his way out of Green Bay because they hired McCarthy instead of Mariucci and didn't trade for Moss like he wanted. He actually stated that during an interview on FOX that summer. I believe that was when he made the statement "Play me or trade me, hopefully within the division".

Watson can throw from the pocket. He can throw on the run. He can get yards with his legs.

Have you watched him play?? He completes 67% of his passes. He is a top 5 QB by any reasonable measure and better than any of the guys you name. Other than Mahomes, you could make an argument he's the best QB in the league right now. Maybe I'd take Rogers and Wilson over him. I can't think of anybody else. And he's way younger than Rogers.

IMO, franchise QBs in their prime don't get traded so I think he's staying in Houston, but hell yeah I'd take Watson with Sean Payton.......

I just reread it and this dude really said Mac Jones or Darnold!!!! I was so thrown by the running QB part that this didn't even register.

tenor.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom