Will Saints fans wear bags again? (1 Viewer)

Did I say anything about a fan not being able to protest???? No I did not. The subject was about wearing a damn bag over your head. And if wearing a bag is your way of protesting, then you are NOT a fan. JUST MY OPINION!
Then I guess those who wore them in the 70s/80s weren't fans either. They should all turn their fan cards in if they're still with us.

Then I guess those who wore them in the 70s/80s weren't fans either. They should all turn their fan cards in if they're still with us.
Looking back, that was an embarrassment because it stuck with the franchise until Payton and Brees changed the image of the franchise.

I grew up in the 70’s. Why would I start something that makes my team look bad and gives other teams more ammunition to fork with me?.

Wanna protest then everyone stay outside through the first quarter and do some sort of chant.

Exactly. While no one gets to determine who's a "real Saints fan" or who's a "bandwagon fan", there are some things that provide glaring evidence of the truth. Coming on SR and suggesting people wear bags is right up there with outright saying I'm just going to root for the Falcons or Cowboys now that the Saints are losing. Really the same energy because putting a bag on your head as a Saints fan only serves to give our rivals ammunition. Nothing else. Period. Call yourself whatever, but truly you're not a fan at that point. You're a Saints troll. And that puts you in the same category as rival fans. I'm sure Falcons fans are getting a good laugh reading this thread because the OP thought this moronic idea was good enough to post. If Falcons fans are enjoying your posts, you're not the fan you think you are.

When we saw then wearing bags back in the 70s and 80s, yes we thought they looked like idiots. They didn't represent the true fan base or the city at all. And to this day, our fan base is known for that garbage. So yes, those bagheads should turn in the their fan cards and hit the road. They caused irreparable damage to the team and city. The city will never live down the "AINTS" and "BAG HEADS"

Exactly. While no one gets to determine who's a "real Saints fan" or who's a "bandwagon fan", there are some things that provide glaring evidence of the truth. Coming on SR and suggesting people wear bags is right up there with outright saying I'm just going to root for the Falcons or Cowboys now that the Saints are losing. Really the same energy because putting a bag on your head as a Saints fan only serves to give our rivals ammunition. Nothing else. Period. Call yourself whatever, but truly you're not a fan at that point. You're a Saints troll. And that puts you in the same category as rival fans. I'm sure Falcons fans are getting a good laugh reading this thread because the OP thought this moronic idea was good enough to post. If Falcons fans are enjoying your posts, you're not the fan you think you are.
AMEN BROTHER!!!

Just stop. Those looking for ways to protest are no more or no less a fan than you, me, or any other member of the forum. We don't have to agree with them (I certainly won't be wearing any bags). But I'll never question someone's fandom because of their protest over the state of the team.

You Just stop. I know this is the age of participation trophies but there are certainly things that separate fans from nonfans. "OH I'm just wearing a Falcons shirt, but I'm really a Saints fan! How dare you question my loyalty." Smh...

Just saying, "but I'm a Saints fan" doesn't give someone carte Blanche ability to troll the team. At some point, you're not a fan. Let me be more clear. If you're wearing a bag on your head, you're a Saints troll and not a fan.

I was about to post the same thing. Why pay for a ticket just to protest. Hit em where it hurts and stay home.
Tickets are already paid for and lucky to get 25% of your money back on the market. People with no skin in the game, not you necessarily, shouldn’t have an opinion on this if they aren’t out 4 or 5 figures or more already.

I think some are misunderstanding the intent. Since there is a history of this, if it happened to show up on the broadcast or national highlights, it might pressure ownership/ management by making them realize we expect more. It’s not unrealistic to think this team should have maybe 2 losses at worst with this team with competent coaching. Some of yall are worried about what other team’s fans think, and you don’t even live anywhere close to the stadium or have anything invested in this team other than maybe NFL Sunday Ticket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom