Will Saints fans wear bags again? (2 Viewers)

I agree.. Payton and Brees raised the bar and expectations for this team and for us as fans. It's tough to watch that come apart. I always thought that the Saints had a chance every single week, no matter what. They were just that good. Now, I look at this team and they have no identity.. no swagger.. It's just a bunch of pros out there going through the motions and doing it at a mediocre level. That's tough to watch as a fan.

I see the bandwagon fans are out in full force today. Some even have the nerve to bring up wearing a dang bag over their heads. Well go right ahead and look like clowns. Some of you think this team is bad; you don't know what bad is. This team, at the very least, has good talent on it. And to suggest that they are " BAG" bad is ludicrous. There are a lot of us REAL fans out here to overshadow the fake/spoiled ones. Go ahead and grab your bag. I am sure it's an improvement. Win or lose, I'll be at the games cheering as usual.
Thank you Mr gatekeeper “real” saints fan for allowing non real fans to make their own decisions in life. Today’s mentality of if you’re not with us, you’re against us and the enemy sums it up. The cherry on top is “fake/spoiled” comment that brings home the denigrating people with different views.

Thank you Mr gatekeeper “real” saints fan for allowing non real fans to make their own decisions in life. Today’s mentality of if you’re not with us, you’re against us and the enemy sums it up. The cherry on top is “fake/spoiled” comment that brings home the denigrating people with different views.
I think he’s just referring to the disconnect some people have with the Baghead Era.
For a majority of people, the Payton/Brees Era and probably the Haslett Era are the only Saints football people now.
I know I’m in that class.
And I think there is also don’t realize how long ago the Baghead Era was.
You have to the 1-15 1980 Saints for a Baghead season.
That’s over four decades ago.

Last edited:
I think this is the best way for fans to protest this team. Times have changed and fans are planning and paying for tickets much in advance these days. If you want to go to Saints game, or any NFL game, you better plan for it. So its not like this franchise or the league will feel any affect for the Saints being the team that they are in terms of attendance. I wouldn't ask for anyone to forfeit their trip either. Something I think can send a message to the powers that be in the Saints organization is to dawn the paper bags and express how far this franchise has fallen in such a short time. The "keep on doing what we are doing" is absolutely unacceptable. This franchise has experienced what it means to be a quality franchise and should no longer expect nothing less. I get finding a Drew Brees is a once in a generation thing, but plenty of teams have found success year in and out by having solid coaching and identity. Long story-short, I think bringing the bags back is a Saints' specific protest that could influence change sooner rather than too later.
I grew up in the 70’s. Why would I start something that makes my team look bad and gives other teams more ammunition to fork with me?.

Wanna protest then everyone stay outside through the first quarter and do some sort of chant.

I can't remember the last time I've seen a large brown paper bag so probably not.

Going to the game with a bag on defeats the purpose and is not hitting them where it hurts (pockets). I had plans for two more games but I canceled those games. I’m getting very close to also not watching on Sundays.

I agree.. Payton and Brees raised the bar and expectations for this team and for us as fans. It's tough to watch that come apart. I always thought that the Saints had a chance every single week, no matter what. They were just that good. Now, I look at this team and they have no identity.. no swagger.. It's just a bunch of pros out there going through the motions and doing it at a mediocre level. That's tough to watch as a fan.
AK said the same thing yesterday

I think he’s just referring to the disconnect some people have with the Baghead Era.
For a majority of people, the Payton/Brees Era and probably the Haslett Era are the only Saints football people now.
I know I’m in that class.
And I think there is also don’t realize how long ago the Baghead Era was.
You have to the 1-15 1980 Saints for a Baghead season.
That’s over four decades ago.
THAT WAS EXACTLY MY POINT. THANK YOU!!

Payton raised our standards. Having a winning season was the goal.

Fans want a "Building towards championship" mentality. Can you blame people? The price for the NFL has risen to astronomical levels that outpace household median income since the paper bag days. People pay way too much money for a losing product now. so, if you want change. Stop giving them money. It's what they ultimately have to answer to if they don't want to listen to anyone outside the building.
Unfortunately, fans contribute the least to a team's yearly income. Fans staying home will do very little to produce a change in standards on the field. The bulk of team revenue comes from licensing, NFL merchandising, and TV contracts.

I see the bandwagon fans are out in full force today. Some even have the nerve to bring up wearing a dang bag over their heads. Well go right ahead and look like clowns. Some of you think this team is bad; you don't know what bad is. This team, at the very least, has good talent on it. And to suggest that they are " BAG" bad is ludicrous. There are a lot of us REAL fans out here to overshadow the fake/spoiled ones. Go ahead and grab your bag. I am sure it's an improvement. Win or lose, I'll be at the games cheering as usual.
Just stop. Those looking for ways to protest are no more or no less a fan than you, me, or any other member of the forum. We don't have to agree with them (I certainly won't be wearing any bags). But I'll never question someone's fandom because of their protest over the state of the team.

Just stop. Those looking for ways to protest are no more or no less a fan than you, me, or any other member of the forum. We don't have to agree with them (I certainly won't be wearing any bags). But I'll never question someone's fandom because of their protest over the state of the team.
Did I say anything about a fan not being able to protest???? No I did not. The subject was about wearing a damn bag over your head. And if wearing a bag is your way of protesting, then you are NOT a fan. JUST MY OPINION!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom