World Cup 2022 - Qatar (with SR Pick'Em league) (6 Viewers)

Man, such a stupid sport really. We have the ball in on their side for 90% of the time and nothing, and then the 5 seconds they come to our side, they score easily.

Man, such a stupid sport really. We have the ball in on their side for 90% of the time and nothing, and then the 5 seconds they come to our side, they score easily.

We have no composure in the 18. We get there and fall apart. And we dont have an elite finisher. Striker is our long national nightmare.

It's like Tata Martino is coaching the U.S.
The U.S. is holding the ball forever, touch-touch-touch-touch, but don't really shoot at goal; then the other team scores on a rare counterstrike.

Some of the guys look like they partied like rock stars last night.

Someone said this a while back in the thread. You can have possession all day without intent and it doesnt mean anything - but they were referring to the Dutch having that high possession %.

The U.S. is holding the ball forever, touch-touch-touch-touch, but don't really shoot at goal;
I don't know soccer, but in the game and a half I've watched of this team, it sure looks like they always make that one too many pass that just gives up the ball, instead of shooting at the opportune time. It's like they're all afraid to be the playmaker.

Of course, my ignorant analysis is suspect.

All credit to the Dutch. This is savviness and experience taking advantage of a young US side. They're clogging things up so well and it would take a few players with skills not just to beat a player or two but also to still have the composure after to make a move to beat it. Our young guys can beat their players 1v1 but a 2nd or 3rd person is stepping in before our player even has time to think about their next move......with more experience our young guys can break that.

And on defense.....covering those trailing runs is tough but that's experience. We keep collapsing into our goal and leaving that top open. They've had two chances and put them both away.

There's a reason the great teams aren't going in with young squads. So this is sad for 2022 but all things are looking great for 2026.

This is definitely Reyna time. I'd still stick with Ferreira because he has better ability to create than the other available forwards.

I’m all about pressing the issue, come on USA down 2, time to just throw everything at their goal

Really bad half by the netherlands, bad WC to be honest.
If you want to have a chance attack Blind, as someone already said, he is old, slow and not that good right now.
With 2-0 up we will counter even more especially with gakpo and depay.

I agree with the general analysis... we don't have any good ideas in the final 3rd, and we don't have enough skill to just dribble until something opens up. We don't have that one guy who will just eff it, imma gonna score here.

Outside of the obvious, it was pretty shocking how poorly Ferreira played. You MLS arent going to like this, but he looked like a MLS guy playing in the knockout rounds of a WC. It was a mistake. Musah was well past gassed against Iran, and he looked like he didnt recover at all.

That golden chance Pulisic had with a half hearted flick didnt help either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom