World Cup 2022 - Qatar (with SR Pick'Em league) (5 Viewers)

One touch passes are so pretty
We need more

That being said, there’s a lot of commentary saying usmnt needs to ramp up its competition (esp since we don’t need to qualify for next cup)
Find the way to compete in conmebol (whatever the silly acronym is)

Can’t say I disagree

One touch passes are so pretty
We need more

That being said, there’s a lot of commentary saying usmnt needs to ramp up its competition (esp since we don’t need to qualify for next cup)
Find the way to compete in conmebol (whatever the silly acronym is)

Can’t say I disagree

I don't think we are quite there yet. It's why euro coaches never work out for us. That technical skill is decades in the making. It starts at youth and never stops. We see glimpses at times, but never sustained because one wayward ball ends the movement.

I'd love to see it and we aren't that far off, but it's a whole system of knowing who is where and trusting they are there without having to think.

I don't think many people would appreciate how cold-blooded, how skilled that goal by Mbappe was.

Agreed. His composure to look at Sczezney then, zero run up, just bring leg back and strike the ball with the amount of power. It's like his hips are made up of rubber bands just waiting to release. Crazy

Agreed. His composure to look at Sczezney then, zero run up, just bring leg back and strike the ball with the amount of power. It's like his hips are made up of rubber bands just waiting to release. Crazy
From the reception, to accommodating the ball in front of him without looking at the ball while looking at the defenders and the goalie, to the kick placing and force... like a ballet.

I don't think we are quite there yet. It's why euro coaches never work out for us. That technical skill is decades in the making. It starts at youth and never stops. We see glimpses at times, but never sustained because one wayward ball ends the movement.

I'd love to see it and we aren't that far off, but it's a whole system of knowing who is where and trusting they are there without having to think.
Sure, but if the bulk of our competition is avg concacaf, how much growth can we expect?

Even our euro players- only CP has been in a ‘major’ tournament (and from memory, I can’t think of mls players who’ve been in the finals)
We caught a Mexico in decline- I just wonder where the usmnt will get a major test before the next WC

Have y’all watched the Amazon series Good Rivals? Great show.

I had no idea that Mexico’s soccer relevancy isn’t much older than the USA’s. They have been relevant longer than the USA, but they haven’t won anything.

Sure, but if the bulk of our competition is avg concacaf, how much growth can we expect?

Even our euro players- only CP has been in a ‘major’ tournament (and from memory, I can’t think of mls players who’ve been in the finals)
We caught a Mexico in decline- I just wonder where the usmnt will get a major test before the next WC

Good question and it's valid point. How do we grow, tactically and sklii wise of our competition isn't on par.

I hope to see us play more vs euro and SA teams. Get invited to play in Copa maybe?

US Soccer will have to figure this out for sure.

Crazy talk. You’ll still cut yourself but it will be an uglier wound.
Yes. It’s possible the knife wasn’t sharp enough. I always hone it with a steel before using, but I didn’t this time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom