World Cup 2022 - Qatar (with SR Pick'Em league) (1 Viewer)

Spain is cursed in PKs

they are absolutely cursed

Man, these PKs just wreck the players. Yesterday and today and they can't kick worth a crap.

Indeed it does. the pressure is so intense and you just came off 120 min of adrenaline/running etc. everything is weak and focus is hard to get back.

Amazing.

Spain didnt make a single one from 12 yards. Im speechless. 2nd time in 4 years they exit WC on PKs - this stench will not come off easy.

wow.

My son had a love/hate relationship with PKs. He loved having the chance to score for the team, but hated the possibility of letting them down. Between club and high school, he was in about 4 PK situations, including the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. And none of those 4 times did we feel the excitement of winning. :(

that was nuts - i had a student come in (during lunch) and need something - when i came back it was already 2 greens to 2 reds
i took AWHILE before i could trust what i was actually seeing

stunning

imagine having all that star power and no ability to kick a ball into a goal from 12 yards away?

oh man. I know we were hard on our guys post game, but this has to be 10x worse and imagine the Spanish press will not let this go that easy.

imagine having all that star power and no ability to kick a ball into a goal from 12 yards away?

oh man. I know we were hard on our guys post game, but this has to be 10x worse and imagine the Spanish press will not let this go that easy.
Going home is gonna suck. Brutal.

My son had a love/hate relationship with PKs. He loved having the chance to score for the team, but hated the possibility of letting them down. Between club and high school, he was in about 4 PK situations, including the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. And none of those 4 times did we feel the excitement of winning. :(

Im a vocal opponent of deciding matches by PK. I really cant stand it but i do get why...teams can park bus and defend indefinitely and there are other matches to consider.

It will never change, so you have to be prepared. Mentally is the biggest hurdle. Spain had visions of 2018 and that was a wrap.

Man, these PKs just wreck the players. Yesterday and today and they can't kick worth a crap.
and it's why these fake em run ups are breaking down
you try them out what you have low pressure in game shots or practices or whatever
then the first time you do it for real for real is at the World Cup?!?
jut smash the ball with purpose - it's what you trained 9/10th of your life to do

Im a vocal opponent of deciding matches by PK. I really cant stand it but i do get why...teams can park bus and defend indefinitely and there are other matches to consider.

It will never change, so you have to be prepared. Mentally is the biggest hurdle. Spain had visions of 2018 and that was a wrap.
Yeah, I'd rather a sudden death first goal wins after the ET periods than PKs. But that probably wouldn't work unless it's a semi-final game or final because of the time issues.

and it's why these fake em run ups are breaking down
you try them out what you have low pressure in game shots or practices or whatever
then the first time you do it for real for real is at the World Cup?!?
jut smash the ball with purpose - it's what you trained 9/10th of your life to do
Totally agree on the run up.

For so many years the thought was a power run up and smash, you have less control due to focus/leg fatigue.

I was always opposite...either I'm making or blocked but keeper gonna pay for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom