World Cup 2022 - Qatar (with SR Pick'Em league) (3 Viewers)

So, I don't know how I feel about Morocco going to the next round. Not because the beat Spain, but because 16 players on the Moroccan team are European born, not born in Morocco, nor live in Morocco, and I believe none of them play in Morocco.

Feels mercenary-ey.

So, I don't know how I feel about Morocco going to the next round. Not because the beat Spain, but because 16 players on the Moroccan team are European born, not born in Morocco, nor live in Morocco, and I believe none of them play in Morocco.

Feels mercenary-ey.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of that. But if it's within the rules...what can you do?

Lewandowski didn’t (at first) it looked as bad as any of the Japanese attempts did
And Neymar is kind of the point- you have to be at a Neymar level of skill AND confidence to make that effective
The other way seems like it gives WAY too much time to think/2nd guess
I definitely agree it depends on the player. When I played I was fairly accurate at picking a corner, blasting and spinning it in. But at this level many of the players taking the PKs should be talented enough to do as they feel confident to do.

I know the student athlete on my MS team that will be taking the PKs and he is good enough to take them however, he likes. I would rather he feels confident in what he does than receive overcoaching from me. But he is an exceptional talent so we will see how it plays out this season.

I'm expecting the late game to be more competitive but we'll see. Just seems like Argentina hasn't been scoring like the other favorites, and the Dutch have been solid. I think Brazil will probably beat Croatia somewhat easily but who knows man.

I think I'm going to try to watch some of it through a long "working" lunch at a pub with my laptop to respond to emails.

I suppose the best half of the four for that will be the second half of the first game.

I'm expecting the late game to be more competitive but we'll see. Just seems like Argentina hasn't been scoring like the other favorites, and the Dutch have been solid. I think Brazil will probably beat Croatia somewhat easily but who knows man.

I think I'm going to try to watch some of it through a long "working" lunch at a pub with my laptop to respond to emails.

I suppose the best half of the four for that will be the second half of the first game.
i think Croatia has about the same chance against Brazil as we did v Holland - 30%ish
they will have to play near flawless and take full advantage of the few opportunities Brazil might offer

i think Croatia has about the same chance against Brazil as we did v Holland - 30%ish
they will have to play near flawless and take full advantage of the few opportunities Brazil might offer

Sounds right. Don't you agree the late game is closer, if for no other reason than what is more likely to be a tighter, more disciplined defensive game?

Holy crap that challenge from Danilo was dangerous. Could have easily been red.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom