X41 turtle beach headset(360).. 200 bucks for headphones?!? (1 Viewer)

If you're headphones last more than a year, you're doing it wrong.

Haha, i take care of my stuff! I NEVER just leave my headset laying around. After every use I roll the cord back up and hang the headset on the special hook i made for it. Good stuff is expensive and hard to come by, so I take very good care of it.

I know I'm hella late, but I picked up the x41's last night and I like them alot. The Bass Boost and Dolby Surround features really bring the games to life.

I just need to get used to the "Chat Boost." Even though there's a seperate volume rocker for chat volume, I find that people's voices get too loud once I turn it up a little. And I'm sure it has to do with the Chat Boost.

As for the comfort, I like them but I wonder why Turtle Beach decided to make the ear cups circular instead of oval. Sometimes I feel like my right ear doesn't fit all the way inside the padded area.

Overall though, still great headphones. My XBL friends told me about Turtle Beach's and I'm glad they did.

I got these but I rarely use them. They're awesome when I actually feel like taking them out though.
astroa30.jpg

Ive had that blue and yellow plantronics usb headset for, 6 years now? Foam is unglued on one ear and the cord is permanently twisted at this point, but they are still perfectly operational and clear. The mic is quality. Not audiophile but I only use them for voice chat anyway. Not bad for 40 bucks at the time.

I saw Sony is finally figuring out that People like headphones. Their PS3 wireless set is due out in September. Supposed to retail for $100.
I like the Turtle Beach set I have, but I wish I'd gone wireless. I may pick up the PS3 set after I read some reviews.

Mostly use Skype these days since Im usually gaming with just a few old friends but Ive used it before.

I've got it set up and working, but I think I"m figuring out that it's push-to-talk. Is that right? Is Left-Ctrl the default?

I've got it set up and working, but I think I"m figuring out that it's push-to-talk. Is that right? Is Left-Ctrl the default?

That sounds right for default settings from when I last used it, but that was literally years ago now. Is it still arcane and a bit muddy to get all that stuff down? I remember it being not the most user-friendly piece of software.

Looks like it defaults to voice activation actually and you choose the ptt key when you select the ptt option now :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom