X41 turtle beach headset(360).. 200 bucks for headphones?!? (2 Viewers)

It seems pretty easy to use - there are just a lot of settings that I'm not fooling with. If it is voice activated, it seems to be doing a good job of filtering out game noise, as I'm not using headphones, just a mike and speakers. But I don't know these people, so I've mostly been lurking at listening to nerd chat.

Thats always fun :D

Skype is totally secure, but pre skype we used a teamspeak server for a while. Several times our channel got 'hacked'. Can be mildly annoying but the funny ones were cool. Hack away nerds, just be funny about it!

i've been using the logitech f540 for gaming a little over 6 months now. i bought them because they are wireless and the astros are a hassle to set up unless i just leave them out all the time. what i miss about the astro a40 amp is how precise it was with surround sound.

i'd been wanting to buy the turtle beach ear force dss surround amp for a while to test out and see if it would be an improvement. so while in bestbuy today, i saw that it came with the dx11, fast forward..bought, tested, had wdf over skyrim like excitement. jesus god damn awesome. mw3 pwnz0rage incoming.

Well if you can't use your good sound system to play the game, then I would suggest getting the X11's. The thing is once you get the headset on you won't be able to hear anything else.

I bought the X11's a week or so ago, because I have a small apartment now, and when my kids (they are pretty young) come over, I can still game on with the volume up with the X11's after they go to sleep.

I didn't do much reading up on them before I bought them, but now that I've had them for a few days, I'm really glad I bought them. They really give a full, crystal clear, detailed sound of my games when I'm playing them. I can definitely pick up all kinds of different little sounds that weren't audible even when my TV volume is cranked. I don't have a surround sound system for the TV, so the X11's a perfect...at least for what I need them for. I had to get the additional HDMI connector for $19.99, so I'd be able to run HDMI and have digital optical audio. For $150, I think it sounds amazing, and is totally worth it.

Ok.. I have/had a pair of the TB x21 (I think), they are the wired ones.. Well I've had to super glue them back together a few times, and finally today, theyre toast. All I get is a rhythmic "popping" sound through them. They are less than a year old..anyone try the PS3 wireless ones yet??

The PX5's are fantastic, if you're willing to shell out the money. I love that you can pair them with your phone and take a call on them while you're playing.

The PX5's are fantastic, if you're willing to shell out the money. I love that you can pair them with your phone and take a call on them while you're playing.
Good LAWD man! $250.00?! For that, they better be fantastic.. I don't foresee procuring these anytime soon. My ceiling is $100-$150 tops, as most of these seem to be engineered to be disposable. :jpshakehead:

I was in a bit of a hurry.. More on them:
I was using the wired Turd-le Beach X-21's. After them breaking over and over, and the kids new puppy partially chewing through the wire, I decided to get a wireless set.
These are true "Plug-and-play". Take em out, charge them, plug in the USB dongle, and turn em on. That's the set up. Sound quality for the short time I've used them so far, is waaaay better than the X21's. And they seem pretty well made. If you have a PS3, and need a new headset, these are a no-brainer!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom