2024 Tropical Weather Thread (25 Viewers)

Bill said the weather diagram around Beryl looked like fallopian tubes.

Why does any thread get derailed? :hihi:
We spent more time discussing the derailment than the actual derailment :hihi:

Oh no now I'm the problem too

Where will you be for your Texas Beryl HQ? We're on the west side of Houston, north of 10 between hwy 6 and 99. We're looking at the center passing just west of us. I've got a tray of enchiladas and a bunch of homemade tamales if you're in our area and need a hot food stop.
Just seeing this and really appreciate the offer. As much as I would have loved to, I was trying to get through a marathon. I set up in Bay City then traveled with the storm through Houston. You make it out ok?

Just seeing this and really appreciate the offer. As much as I would have loved to, I was trying to get through a marathon. I set up in Bay City then traveled with the storm through Houston. You make it out ok?
We have no power, so we're hot, but we made it without any notable damage. Just lots of tree limbs on the ground, nothing to worry over. Even the fences that were knocked over by the storm a month ago stayed up fine.
You must be exhausted!

We have no power, so we're hot, but we made it without any notable damage. Just lots of tree limbs on the ground, nothing to worry over. Even the fences that were knocked over by the storm a month ago stayed up fine.
You must be exhausted!
Glad you and Primadox are well :)

You must be exhausted!
That's usually tends to be the most annoying parts post-hurricane, even a relatively modest, weak one like a Category 1 storm like Beryl: all the downed tree limbs, brush, leaves and parts of fence torn-off and damaged and the temporary loss of power for a few days, maybe close to a week at most. Still, your homes are intact and remain standing and you're alive, which is the best possible outcome anyone whose forced to live through these violent, often devastating storms can hope for.

How long do you and your neighbors expect to be without power? I know, based on past experience after power was knocked out here in Mobile following Sally how one really feels the intensity, extreme nature of the heat and humidity following a storm of that caliber. It can make for a very uncomfortable, if not miserable, experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom