Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (3 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Yeah great advice, everyone should take notice.

I heard the 2nd shingles shot was the baddie. So, I'm in the Doc's office for my 1st shingles shot and my pneumonia shot. He is training an intern and asks if I mind that they both take a jab at me. Not a problem, except the intern had the shingles shot (oh had I known) and proceded to gore me like a matador in my right arm. Think of an extremely large rusty nail impaling you.

Silly me.... couldn't sleep for three nights on my favoured side.

In six months I'll get the 2nd shingles shot and if I will NOT forget to have my left arm play victim this time.
I'm not sure that she was at fault. I was warned that it would be bad the next day. There was a lot of liquid in that syringe.

I got the newest Moderna booster on Wednesday since I traveled to Los Cabos today for Thanksgiving...

I'm not sure that she was at fault. I was warned that it would be bad the next day. There was a lot of liquid in that syringe.
I only heard that the 2nd shot was brutal. Wifey had hers a while back and couldn't lift her arm over her head for a few days. I hadn't heard of anyone having problems with the 1st shingles shot.

Got my 3rd booster and flu shot at the same time. About 6 hours later I felt really worn down. The next day was much better, probably 75%. The day after that I was back to 100%. Oddly though my 5G signal is now much stronger. Probably just a coincidence

Got my 3rd booster and flu shot at the same time. About 6 hours later I felt really worn down. The next day was much better, probably 75%. The day after that I was back to 100%. Oddly though my 5G signal is now much stronger. Probably just a coincidence
After switching to Moderna for the last booster I got, I now emit 10G signals and I am now my own wifi hotspot...

how much do you charge to come hang out at my house monthly? i could use the better service..
That depends, do you pay in quesadillas or tacoes? I just got back from a week in Los Cabos, Mexico and I'm jonesing for moar real Mexican food...

Why are folks still getting the booster. There's a new vaccine that they're giving, and I'm not talking about the bivalent.

Why are folks still getting the booster. There's a new vaccine that they're giving, and I'm not talking about the bivalent.
The booster that I got a few weeks ago is the latest from Moderna and is supposed to cover the latest variants...

The booster that I got a few weeks ago is the latest from Moderna and is supposed to cover the latest variants...
If it's the one with all the latest variants, we're not calling it a booster. It's a new vaccine and will likely run a course similar to the annual flu vaccine. I got ripped for calling it a booster and was explained it's not by our CMO.

tl;dr version - strongly consider getting the annual vaccinations/boosters

I didn't get the new Covid vaccine this year, but did get the flu shot in October. Over the years, I was initially vaccinated and did get 2 boosters though. I guess I figured, what's the point of getting the new Covid vaccine? Well, I found out what the point is, in a scary way this week.

Both me and my wife have Covid. For me it started last Saturday/Sunday. For her, it was Tuesday. In my case, this virus has set up camp in my throat. The pain has been so severe it feels like a bad case of strep. On Tuesday, the at-home test showed I was positive, but yesterday I went to a nearby Urgent Care place to get some pain relief for my throat. I tested positive there and was given Paxlovid and a cough medicine. Let me get to the "what's the point".

Twice this week I woke in the middle of the night struggling to breathe. It happened again last night at 3am. My throat felt so tight and narrowed, that with the mucus lining it, air couldn't easily pass through. I seriously considered calling 911 and going wake my wife. I slept in the living room while she was in our bedroom. Eventually normal breathing returned, but it took me a while to settle down from it. I took some ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and fell asleep with no further issues but I kept my head more elevated in the recliner. Last night was the 1st course of Paxlovid and I feel its effects already.

While I was awake trying to normalize my breathing, I couldn't help but think how lucky I was to have had prior vaccinations, boosters and a therapeutic. Without those, I strongly believe I would've been in the hospital. I guess I'm more at-risk because I'm 52 and take blood pressure medication. Speaking of blood pressure, even with taking the medication, my blood pressure registered 144/94 at the place yesterday. I told the woman I didn't understand why it was that high because I'm taking my meds. She said, Covid does this. Over 52 years I have had colds, flu, sinusitis and strep multiple times. Covid has been nothing like them. It's nasty.

After this experience, I will be getting the new boosters and vaccinations when they're available. It was easy to see how having this could put people in the hospital due to breathing issues. I don't want to be one of those people. It was scary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom