Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (14 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
One other thing of note from that article that suggests bias is "many doctors — some hoping to cash it on the ivermectin craze — began to prescribe it off-label for COVID." Ivermectin is a very affordable drug by nearly any standard. If physicians were seeking a way to "cash it" off of this, then there are far more expensive drugs in the anti-parasitic class.
I agree here. I don't believe many doctors were prescribing it for a cash grab. It was simply incompetent doctors.

Do doctors get commissions for prescribing drugs? How would it be a cash grab?
they are not "supposed to". but i have no doubt they call it something like a bonus or something. i have no doubt some of them get vacations and stuff like that .

it wasn't a medication, but when my daughter was born, the pediatrician was adamant about only using Similac, like uncomfortably adamant. after a while, we switched to the generic because if was almost half the price. she's probably the healthiest out of any of us.. lol

I''m sad, but not shocked.. I could have said since I drank at least one cup of coffee a day during
the height of covid and didn't catch covid that I know of, then coffee must prevent covid. It's really
the same thing .
that's i s because the thought process they have with ivermectin..

America’s health leaders worry that declining vaccination rates can lead to the return of deadly diseases and thousands of avoidable deaths.

Robert Califf, M.D., commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Peter Marks, M.D., who oversees vaccine regulation at the agency, wrote in JAMA last week that they were concerned about falling vaccination rates.

“The situation has now deteriorated to the point that population immunity against some vaccine-preventable infectious diseases is at risk,” they wrote. “Thousands of excess deaths are likely to occur this season due to illnesses amenable to prevention or reduction in severity of illness with vaccines.”

They point to measles as the prime example of a once-handled virus making a sudden return. In the U.S., cases of the highly contagious virus have sporadically emerged around the country in the years since the COVID-19 pandemic. Just last week, Philadelphia officials warned that at least four people were infected in a measles cluster linked to the city’s iconic Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP).

“Regrettably, pediatric vaccine hesitancy now has been responsible for several measles outbreaks in the U.S.,” Dr. Califf and Dr. Marks continue.

It’s not just the U.S., however. The World Health Organization reported a 40% jump in measles deaths globally in 2022, and a 30% increase in European cases.

The pandemic led to a wave of vaccine hesitancy, with many casting doubts on the new class of shots meant to fight the pandemic — an in-turn to vaccines as a whole. Many U.S. states also loosened vaccine exemptions for children, allowing more children to attend school without receiving shots to prevent measles and other infections.

Some states, such as Mississippi, have recorded drastic falls in vaccine uptake since the loosening of these mandates.

The pair of FDA officials point to “parents with at least a college degree who preferred social media narratives over evidence-based vaccine information delivered by clinicians” as being at fault for falling vaccination rates................

People die from things all the time. It's very important to always remember never to forget to freak out.

Back in 2020, I brought up 2 articles from biomedical firms in Japan and India indicating that Ashwagandha was a viable treatment for covid and also talked about my experience. I also caught some flak for doing so
Here are articles from the US Department of Health and Human Services. Why hasn't this been announced to the public at large?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8188803/
I think that at the time it was way way too premature to actually consider it a viable option. A lot of that data came from in silico type studies, which were showing some positive measures. However a tremendous amount of in vivo work still needed to be done.

I did a quick search in pubmed and It is currently being evaluated in clinical trials, however the ones that are now being published are very low n's for # of subjects. Also they are being conducted mainly in India (from the few I've glanced at), which is important for us to understand from an FDA approval standpoint - different countries have different rules and standards for conducting clinical studies. While 1 drug might get approval in one country for prescription use, it might have to go through additional clinical trials to get approval elsewhere.

One trial that I looked at wasn't using a single purified molecule from Ashwagandha, rather it was a blend of extracts from 4 different plant sources. That in itself is a medicinal chemistry ball of yarn that will have to be unraveled.

I love drug discovery as much as the next person, but Ashwagandha as a treatment is still a ways off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom