Best noise making ideas! (1 Viewer)

The noise from Romig, when he yells...”ANOTHER FAN IMPACT PLAY”, when the opposing QB runs for a 1st down on a 3rd down and 15, is quite loud AND annoying, all at the same time....

Right up there with "Move Dem Chains"

What about an air horn app? Is that legal?

This probably isn't as effective as other techniques suggested here, but I would rattle my car keys while screaming at the top of my lungs.

A buddy of mine used to put a handful of change in an empty plastic bottle and it was so loud it made everyone around him want to end his existence. So, highly recommended.

HyperWhistle The Original Worlds Loudest Whistle up to 142db Loud, Very Long Range, for Referee, Coaches, Instructors, Sports, Teachers, Life Guard, Protection, Self Defense, Survival, Emergency uses

Amazon'sChoicefor "loudest whistle"

I have this whistle, my section loves it but I’ve had a friend get some complaints in a different section, it’s all about timing. Can’t use it all the time just on big downs, when I rewatch games at home I can hear it clear as day on TV haha

I’ll join in on that. I’ll apologize now for anyone sitting in my vicinity. :hihi:

506EED07-7436-4CD3-8178-51C19733B3F3.jpeg

It likely won't work at the Dome, but the best thing we ever did in college for noise (and got in a little bit of trouble for) was wearing wooden shoes. Which, for us poor college kids, was screwing on some boards to the bottoms of our old sneakers. But if you've ever clapped two pieces of wood together, you'd know is loud and high pitch.

I'd like to thank the basketball Ref who inspired us to come up with this idea. Our pep band, would take some liberty about playing a bit or hitting the drums while the ball was in play (usually after a 3 pointer). Usually, a ref would walk over to the band (we were near the baseline) and ask us to stop, and mention if we do it again, it could be a foul. They were often cool about it. This guy lost his mind.

He's running towards us, waving his arms, screaming NO NO NO NO!!!!

The whole place goes silent. pin drop.

Loudly, "You aren't allowed to play anything. You can only clap your hands or stomp your feet!!!"

2 seconds of silence.

I was the student director for the band. I turned and looked at the band, then the student section next to us, we all got a big grin on our faces, and stomped the living ****out of the stands.

After that game, maybe a day or two later, questions were pouring in about NCAA and our conference rules, and if there was a rule about footwear. I'm sure there isn't. So, the wooden shoe was born. I broke my boards after one game. Oops. I think only 4 of us did it, but it was loud.

I think by the end of the year, the school would have to replace part of the bleachers, but they never complained. Heck, the staffers who fixed it thought it was great. This wasn't a result of the boards, but just our new found enthusiasm for stomping.

Last edited:
It likely won't work at the Dome, but the best thing we ever did in college for noise (and got in a little bit of trouble for) was wearing wooden shoes. Which, for us poor college kids, was screwing on some boards to the bottoms of our old sneakers. But if you've ever clapped two pieces of wood together, you'd know is loud and high pitch.

I'd like to thank the basketball Ref who inspired us to come up with this idea. Our pep band, would take some liberty about playing a bit or hitting the drums while the ball was in play (usually after a 3 pointer). Usually, a ref would walk over to the band (we were near the baseline) and ask us to stop, and mention if we do it again, it could be a foul. They were often cool about it. This guy lost his mind.

He's running towards us, waving his arms, screaming NO NO NO NO!!!!

The whole place goes silent. pin drop.

Loudly, "You aren't allowed to play anything. You can only clap your hands or stomp your feet!!!"

2 seconds of silence.

I was the student director for the band. I turned and looked at the band, then the student section next to us, we all got a big grin on our faces, and stomped the living ****out of the stands.

After that game, maybe a day or two later, questions were pouring in about NCAA and our conference rules, and if there was a rule about footwear. I'm sure there isn't. So, the wooden shoe was born. I broke my boards after one game. Oops. I think only 4 of us did it, but it was loud.

I think by the end of the year, the school would have to replace part of the bleachers, but they never complained. Heck, the staffers who fixed it thought it was great. This wasn't a result of the boards, but just our new found enthusiasm for stomping.
That is a really good idea. I bet it would be loud as heck on the concrete. Or a hot nickle applied to a sneaker sole with a pair of pliers would do the same thing on that floor in the dome.

My friend on SLU's softball team is able to make a really loud whistle sound by blowing into the top part of an acorn. I'm gonna have to get her to teach me how.

I have this whistle, my section loves it but I’ve had a friend get some complaints in a different section, it’s all about timing. Can’t use it all the time just on big downs

Thankfully, every down is a big down in the playoffs.

My friend on SLU's softball team is able to make a really loud whistle sound by blowing into the top part of an acorn. I'm gonna have to get her to teach me how.

Maybe because it's been a long day, but this made me literally start laughing out loud. Thank you. :ezbill:

Maybe because it's been a long day, but this made me literally start laughing out loud. Thank you. :ezbill:

LOL yea the first time she did it I couldn't stop laughing because it was literally with just the top part of the acorn that came off that she used.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom