Blitzer tells atheist tornado survivor:"You gotta thank the Lord" (1 Viewer)

she's from lafayette, La.

Seriously?

Cause if she is, she was the whole congregation when she lived here.

BTW, if anybody is counting, put me in the category of confused by the whole thing.

And that includes how Wolfe has managed to stick around so long.

Even if the woman was religious, I don't get the logic behind this question.

"You're standing amid the rubble and complete annihilation of your hometown with dead children strewn about.......you must be thanking the Lord right now"

What? Come again, Wolf? Yeah. Thanks for killing my neighbor's child instead of mine, Lord. You're so kind.

Uhhhhh ok I dont get this thought process.

THe religious dont thank god for killing others. They would thank god for sparing their lives. After all it could have been much worse for the survivors. It no way is it meant to downplay the suffering that the victims are going through or that god did not care for them. Im not the most religious person and i even realize this.

THe religious dont thank god for killing others. They would thank god for sparing their lives. After all it could have been much worse for the survivors. It no way is it meant to downplay the suffering that the victims are going through or that god did not care for them. Im not the most religious person and i even realize this.

Isn't it the same thing? It's really just semantics.

After lunch, do you thank God for not having you choke on your food and die? No. But if all your coworkers choked and died on their lunches and you didn't, you would be thanking him.

Isn't it the same thing? It's really just semantics.

After lunch, do you thank God for not having you choke on your food and die? No. But if all your coworkers choked and died on their lunches and you didn't, you would be thanking him.

Actually most Christians do thank god for all of his blessing. Obviously each one is not specially named , but to answer your question yes.

And to answer your question no thinking god because you lived is not thanking god because the others died.

Actually most Christians do thank god for all of his blessing. Obviously each one is not specially named , but to answer your question yes.

And to answer your question no thinking god because you lived is not thanking god because the others died.

Det. Brees is Bobby Hebert.

Well this is the problem with blind faith, thanking your god for sparing you when he chose not to spare someone else. If god is all powerful and all knowing then why did he feel like you were more deserving of being saved than the ten children who died?

Life is painful, sometimes we have to just accept that and not look for some greater plan when we're surrounded by inexplicable suffering.

I think it's pretty great when both sides just shut the **** up and carry on living their lives, and not act like because one person expresses their personal belief to a person of opposite belief on a public platform like it is some victory for #teamwhogivesa****.

I'd like to thank the Lord for this post.

Can you imagine how long this thread would be, or how fast Blitzer would be fired, or how big the national ****storm would be if instead he'd asked a religious woman, "Well, in the wake of all this destruction surely you don't by into that God nonsense?"

Just my take, but I think one..."You gotta thank the Lord..." is not necessarily insulting to someone (or at least intended to be.) and also a figure of speech. I've heard my atheists buddy say "thank god!' after working on a project all day and finally getting it up and running. I don't think he's really "thanking God" it's just an expression.

"Well, in the wake of all this destruction surely you don't by into that God nonsense?" is deliberately insulting or meant to attack someone's beliefs.

I don't think the woman in the video took Blitzer's comment as insulting either. She corrected him and moved on.

Just my take, but I think one..."You gotta thank the Lord..." is not necessarily insulting to someone (or at least intended to be.) and also a figure of speech. I've heard my atheists buddy say "thank god!' after working on a project all day and finally getting it up and running. I don't think he's really "thanking God" it's just an expression.

"Well, in the wake of all this destruction surely you don't by into that God nonsense?" is deliberately insulting or meant to attack someone's beliefs.

I don't think the woman in the video took Blitzer's comment as insulting either. She corrected him and moved on.

Thank God you cleared that up :hihi:

I don't think it was insulting. Just a silly thing to do on a live broadcast. Not good reporting.

I'd feel the same way if Wolf said, "Sooooo, you're gonna thank me for doing this interview?"

Atheists learn to ignore such comments and not to make a big deal out of it. What Blitzer did should serve as an example for some religious folks to think before you speak.

Atheists learn to ignore such comments and not to make a big deal out of it. What Blitzer did should serve as an example for some religious folks to think before you speak.
I always thought those who think theyre the closest to God are the ones who are furthest from him.:idunno:

That's not the overall point, it's just a stupid thing to say. I've been known to evoke God's name myself, especially in moments of intense passion with a bodacious babe, but it is just an expression. Something you say without thinking that doesn't mean anything.

Thats what Wolf was doing. Standing in the rubble of some woman's home saying an expression without even thinking about how ridiculous it sounded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom