Brees Quitely having a great season (1 Viewer)

So says the stats. Watch a Tampa Bay game, they are not similar. Brees has made maybe two "dime" passes all season. Brady is throwing those every game.

If we can't stretch the field we will lose in the playoffs. I don't care that you don't understand that or don't agree. That's the way it is and the way it has been for us.

Do you want an amazing regular season with all the passing records in the world, or do you want a Super Bowl?
I have watched both teams. Brady dink and dunks just like Brees does. They both average between 10-11 yards a catch. They both win games though.

How many defenses has he had which crapped the bed in the playoffs in under a minute after Brady wrestled a lead from the opposing team? Just curious.

2) Then add in the games the Saints won! Don't wanna do that, do you? No, you want to cherry pick to form your own little narrative when, in reality, he's done pretty well in the playoffs as a whole.
Like I said earlier, even if you were to cherry pick against Brees and take away his fantastic 2009 playoff numbers, his post-season performances are still better than Brady’s.

The stats themselves don’t prove that Brees is a better playoff qb than Brady (nor am I trying to argue that), but they do show that their level of production is at least comparable.

So what is one of the biggest differences in the number of “moments” they’ve had? The team around them. And for us and the Patriots, more often than not, that means defense.

It just can’t be overlooked.

1) How's his slate clean? We gonna pick up Andy Dalton and his slate is gonna be clean? Don't project with that "obtuse" accusation. You have to consider someones history when considering to start them over someone like Brees. I brought up Winstons picks because you brought up Brees throwing picks, and you made the argument to me a couple weeks ago about how we should start Jameis.

2) Then add in the games the Saints won! Don't wanna do that, do you? No, you want to cherry pick to form your own little narrative when, in reality, he's done pretty well in the playoffs as a whole.

3) Yeah, right. Man up and win against a stacked deck! Can't get blackjack if you don't play! Unfortunately the deck is loaded with 2s.

Someone can be likeable and you dislike them. You seem to dislike him because most of your posts talk about how we should be rolling with someone else at QB.

1. We signed a quarterback with a career ending injury who wasn't even medically cleared to throw a football. And you're going to finger-wag me about considering someone's past history and holding that against them???? Yeah wow, okay good one.

2. Brees is in the GOAT conversation but he has just one Super Bowl win and one Super Bowl appearance. So I'm sorry but you need to get a reality check when you tell me that for a QB of his accumen, he's done "pretty well" in the playoffs. Tom Brady, , Joe Montana etc etc, those are the names he's vying against in this conversation. Be objective and tell me how he's comparing and that the last three seasons hasn't tarnished his legacy.

"You seem to dislike him because most of your posts talk about how we should be rolling with someone else at QB."

No, I love Drew Brees but he probably should have retired last year. This isn't about "liking" someone. This isn't TMZ lady, what is going on with you and this silly "like" narrative? This is performance based, not interpersonal feelings.

Last edited:
I have watched both teams. Brady dink and dunks just like Brees does. They both average between 10-11 yards a catch. They both win games though.

How many defenses has he had which crapped the bed in the playoffs in under a minute after Brady wrestled a lead from the opposing team? Just curious.

Liar. Brady is ranked 4'th in deep-ball throwing this season. Brees isn't even in the top 10.

1. We signed a quarterback with a career ending injury who wasn't even medically cleared to throw a football. And you're going to finger-wag me about considering someone's past history and holding that against them???? Yeah wow, okay good one.

2. Brees is in the GOAT conversation but he has just one Super Bowl win and one Super Bowl appearance. So I'm sorry but you need to get a reality check when you tell me that for a QB of his accumen, he's done "pretty well" in the playoffs. Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Joe Montana etc etc, those are the names he's vying against in this conversation. Be objective and tell me how he's comparing and that the last three seasons hasn't tarnished his legacy.

"You seem to dislike him because most of your posts talk about how we should be rolling with someone else at QB."

No, I love Drew Brees but he probably should have retired last year. This isn't about "liking" someone. This isn't TMZ lady, what is going on with you and this silly "like" narrative? This is performance based, not interpersonal feelings.
1) Who started over him?

2) Those names generally had a defense that don't give up leads in the last minute of the game when they won a SB.

This is so not performance based. If it was, you wouldn't have suggested we should've picked Brady up over Brees in the offseason. They're both performing the same. But, for some reason, you subtract Brees' performance and credit Kamara with it.

You might want to look at those regular season passing vs postseason passing numbers for both Brees AND Brady again.

Oh my god, there you go with the "numbers" again. You really don't get it, do you? They do NOT tell the whole story, they never do. Clearly they don't when it comes to these two.

Brady has some of the best 4'th quarter "numbers" of any quarterback just when his team needed them most: playoffs and Super Bowls. Year after year we kept waiting for that happen for Brees, and it just never did.

Liar. Brady is ranked 4'th in deep-ball throwing this season. Brees isn't even in the top 10.
:funny1:

K.

Except he's, on average, dinking and dunking it downfield. Just like Brees. If he's airing it out like talking about, he must be REALLY dinking it to make up for it, getting under 11 YPC on average.

Brady has some of the best 4'th quarter "numbers" of any quarterback just when his team needed them most: playoffs and Super Bowls. Year after year we kept waiting for that happen for Brees, and it just never did.
BECAUSE THE DEFENSE CRAPPED THE BED 2 GAMES AND THE REFS LOST US ONE!

Numbers wont tell you that though, will they?!

Do you want an amazing regular season with all the passing records in the world, or do you want a Super Bowl?
We know you're not a bad guy. You just want to win. We all do, and we all feel each other's pain of the recent failures in the postseason. But Brees was one of the reasons we got to those big games in the first place. Is he as great as he once was? I think even Drew would wish he could have all his best physical skills once again. But this year the organization believes that right now Drew Brees gives us our best chance of winning football games and making a run in the playoffs. When that decision changes, my support will change with it.

It's easy to see that you personally believe another QB could do a better job at leading our team to victory. I guess we won't know for sure until that day comes. But I think the coaches are justified in starting Brees as the best option we currently have to get us back to the SuperBowl. I just happen to agree with their assessment. However I also believe that Drew could use a little more help in ensuring that we can compete with the real contenders, including Tampa Tom and his much-improved Bucs. As you said Brady is performing as the GOAT of which he has clearly shown himself to be. But Tom's greatness doesn't take away from what Drew has still been able to do as our QB. I just don't think all the blame for our playoff losses & poor play this year should fall solely on him.

And I don't think you really believe it's all Drew's fault either.

Last edited:
2. Brees is in the GOAT conversation but he has just one Super Bowl win and one Super Bowl appearance. So I'm sorry but you need to get a reality check when you tell me that for a QB of his accumen, he's done "pretty well" in the playoffs. Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Joe Montana etc etc, those are the names he's vying against in this conversation. Be objective and tell me how he's comparing and that the last three seasons hasn't tarnished his legacy.

So even when he’s more efficient, throws foe more yards, more yards per attempt, more touchdowns, and fewer turnovers, he can’t even be labeled as doing “pretty well”? Come on.

And Peyton Manning, seriously? This just proves how you are willing to give others the benefit of the doubt time and time again while holding Brees to impossible standards.

Peyton Manning’s 2nd Super Bowl run was terrible. He barely completed 50% of his passes for 179 yards per game, 2 total tds, 1 int and 4 fumbles.

You want to credit THAT as playoff success but Brees “stinks” when he completes 65% of his passes for 249 yards, 2 tds and 1 int (which should have been a penalty anyway)? That’s ridiculous.

Even in Manning’s first Super Bowl run, he threw 3 tds and 7(!) interceptions. But he “got it done”, “had an amazing story”, and Brees will forever be chasing his playoff success? Just doesn’t seem consistent.

While I’ve already admitted that it isn’t the be-all-end-all, I do think that it says something of value. Brees’ playoff passer rating is 10 points higher than Brady’s and it’s even higher than that when you look at Manning’s.

If all of the other stats and points about the rest of the team that people have made here weren’t enough to show you how badly you are holding people to different standards and looking past important factors, then what you just said about Peyton Manning definitely should.

If Brees played like Manning in the playoffs you’d want him thrown off the team and buried under the super dome.

Last edited:
Oh my god, there you go with the "numbers" again. You really don't get it, do you? They do NOT tell the whole story, they never do. Clearly they don't when it comes to these two.

I never said that they prove everything. In fact, I’ve been quite clear about that. But you also can’t dismiss them out of hand (as you continue to do) just because they are inconvenient.

And then you once again go to cite your own numbers, as if team success tells the whole story of how an individual played. It doesn’t work that way.

We absolutely would have had more playoff success (and probably championships) even we didn’t have such terrible defenses for so many years. Our defenses were so bad for so long that we couldn’t even MAKE the playoffs, despite having one of the best qb’s and offenses in the league.

It is crazy that you are so willing to look past that fact, as well as statistics (as an indicator of production and efficiency), in favor of your narrative.

You are all about team success (or failure) when it helps you, but then you just kinda brush aside the whole “team part”.

That was before Brady started to look unstoppable. That was before he put a clown suit on Aaron Rodgers and kicked him down the stairs. What do you want from me? We've never seen Brady play for another team so there was no comparison example.

Now Brady looks like he's 30 again while the Patriots are falling apart, so that changes the narrative quite a bit. I never said I had some freaking crystal ball. You guys are trying too hard to destroy people instead of just discussing the merits of the argument.

I don't think Brady looks unstoppable, one game basis anything can happen. But he can still play, for sure. I still think there is a chance he doesn't get through the season and I still think TB's oline is average at best.

Ultimately what I want from you is like you admit were wrong about Brady (and it being all about the Bill and his system) that you finally admit you were wrong about Brees because for that to happen we would have had to have won the SB (or something)?

Because it is utter lunacy to suggest we would be better off benching Brees because he is the problem.....

That word always throws me. I even used spell check to try to get it right. So its Quietly right ✅. 😁
Spell check told you that "quitely" is a word?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom