Comic Book Talk (2 Viewers)

This isn't the first time they've done something like this. Most recently, Marvel has done it as well.

Right. I wish they'd stop this obvious money grab crap and just produce some good books. Quit with all the reboots and relaunches and the constant gimmicks. I don't want to give up my comics, but I'm not very happy with this news.

Not a fan either, but some things have worked in my opinion. For example:

Batman in Knightfall - worked well to am extent
Batman in Superheavy - dumb as hell
Spider-Man - Superior Spider-Man actually turned out to be a good run
Iron-Man - they totally screwed the pooch with Riri Williams
Thor - Jane Foster was damn good
Hulk - whoever that Asian guy is, no.

It's really hit or miss. I've enjoyed some, tolerated a few, and downright hated others.

Last edited:
I finished up on the HoX and PoX run. The last issues for both were good, but I think after the revelation of the resurrection machine in the earlier issues, the ending was uneventful in comparison. I am looking forward to what's coming, though.

I finished up on the HoX and PoX run. The last issues for both were good, but I think after the revelation of the resurrection machine in the earlier issues, the ending was uneventful in comparison. I am looking forward to what's coming, though.
Yeah. Last issue was good, but it didn't go out with the bang I was expecting.

I just finished house of x and powers of x. Loved it. Gonna start with xmen#1 and Excalibur #1 soon. Star Wars has a lot of good new stuff too. I’m loving the True Believers rereleases for $1 too. I’m pretty much strictly xmen and Star Wars.

I just finished house of x and powers of x. Loved it. Gonna start with xmen#1 and Excalibur #1 soon. Star Wars has a lot of good new stuff too. I’m loving the True Believers rereleases for $1 too. I’m pretty much strictly xmen and Star Wars.

I'm excited for Excalibur as well. Was one of my favorite books when I was younger.

Didn't I read somewhere that Star Wars is about to start over with a new #1? Maybe I'm making that up in my head.

Edit: Yeah, I did.

Yes, currently, Star Wars comics take place between A New Hope and Empire. They are ending that soon and picking up after Empire. Which I don’t think was really done before Disney took over, so I’m fairly pumped.

Vader Rising was the only series I read. It was ok, but I just couldn't get into anymore.

I'll probably give the Star Wars series a look when it comes out in January. If it's interesting enough, I'll stick with it. I'd like to see that time period between Empire and Return, just to see how Luke progresses.

If they do another Thrawn series I might pick it up (since everyone thinks it's where I got my name from).

So somewhat major news broke yesterday, but I think nobody is 100% sure exactly what it means long term. Whatever the case, Kevin Feige has been named the Chief Creative Officer (CCO) for ALL of Marvel. Not just Marvel Studios, the entire company. He is now the top creative officer when it comes to movies, TV, and yeah, publishing. Marvel Comics is now technically under Kevin Feige's creative oversight.

It will be VERY interesting to see how this impacts the books going forward. Most of the existing hierarchy will remain in place, so Dan Buckley and Joe Quesada (and C.B. Cebulski, I guess, depending on how much power you believe current era Marvel EiCs actually have. I say not much.) are expected to keep running the show on a day to day basis, but they will now answer to Feige creatively. And Rich Johnston was reporting yesterday that even though Feige is a busy guy who can't and won't micromanage publishing, he is expected to either sit in on or have a representative sit it on the creative summits. So he will be a presence one way or the other.

The other big thing is that this unifies Marvel creatively across all mediums. That split that used to exist between TV and Movies that led to all those issues with the ABC and Netflix shows? That's gone now. Everyone is on the same page.

So somewhat major news broke yesterday, but I think nobody is 100% sure exactly what it means long term. Whatever the case, Kevin Feige has been named the Chief Creative Officer (CCO) for ALL of Marvel. Not just Marvel Studios, the entire company. He is now the top creative officer when it comes to movies, TV, and yeah, publishing. Marvel Comics is now technically under Kevin Feige's creative oversight.

It will be VERY interesting to see how this impacts the books going forward. Most of the existing hierarchy will remain in place, so Dan Buckley and Joe Quesada (and C.B. Cebulski, I guess, depending on how much power you believe current era Marvel EiCs actually have. I say not much.) are expected to keep running the show on a day to day basis, but they will now answer to Feige creatively. And Rich Johnston was reporting yesterday that even though Feige is a busy guy who can't and won't micromanage publishing, he is expected to either sit in on or have a representative sit it on the creative summits. So he will be a presence one way or the other.

The other big thing is that this unifies Marvel creatively across all mediums. That split that used to exist between TV and Movies that led to all those issues with the ABC and Netflix shows? That's gone now. Everyone is on the same page.
Maybe that's the reason why Rob Liefeld is leaving Marvel... again (good riddance). What a tool. :biglol:

Maybe that's the reason why Rob Liefeld is leaving Marvel... again (good riddance). What a tool. :biglol:

Rob is a coked up whacko that despite three decades in the industry still can't draw actual human proportions or feet. Also he keeps taking credit for creating Deadpool despite the version of the character he created just being a lame Deathstroke knockoff that brought none of the fourth wall breaking humor that later made the character popular.

He was also the least talented, by a significant margin, of all the original Image founders. Like their slow younger brother their mom made them take along to start their new company.

I have seen this defense of Liefeld lately that amounts to "His art only looks bad compared to other professionals, he's still more talented than any amateur." WRONG. There are plenty of amateur artists who never drew anything like this in their lives:

honorable-mention-photo-u1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom