Comic Book Talk (3 Viewers)

Miller has done more to harm his legacy in the past decade or so than I ever could have imagined. He should have called it quits a while back. He's become kind of a sad figure now.

No joke. He and Neal Adams both need to ride off into the sunset.

Anyone read X-Men #1 yet? I plan on doing so this weekend.

Just read it. Kind of like the end of the HoX / PoX series....a solid entry to get things kicked off.

Just read it. Kind of like the end of the HoX / PoX series....a solid entry to get things kicked off.

Yeah. Definitely sets up who the villain in this series. Still trying to figure out where Charles' role will be as he doesn't seem to be mentioned in any of the other upcoming X-books.

Yeah. Definitely sets up who the villain in this series. Still trying to figure out where Charles' role will be as he doesn't seem to be mentioned in any of the other upcoming X-books.

You had mentioned that rumor that it wasn't actually Charles in Cerebro. You hearing any more about that?

You had mentioned that rumor that it wasn't actually Charles in Cerebro. You hearing any more about that?

Well one of the rumors was that it was actually Moira that had occupied Charles mind/body, but that was shot down with her showing up in the last issue of HOX/POX.

But there also this thing was going around that Charles' mind had occupied another body, hence him walking around, but I believe that was shot down as well.

X-Force #1. Read it. Now.

Better than Marauders?

How can it be X-Force with Cable?

I didn't read Marauders, but if this first issue is any indication, it's going to be a good title.

So what are your guys thoughts on the Dawn of X run thus far. Only issue I haven't read yet is Fallen Angels, but it's in my stack.

I'm enjoying X-Men and X-Force, although I haven't read the second X-Force yet. Granted, I'm pretty much coming in completely fresh since I haven't read much Marvel in the past. There are some pretty big things happening in these first few issues and I'm interested in seeing if they can keep it up.

So I'm starting to see rumblings of DC's "5G" initiative that's coming soon and how it's do or die for them. Basically, if it fails (which it will), then DC publishing is gone. I can't even fathom there not being Superman, Batman, Flash comics. Ugh.

So I'm starting to see rumblings of DC's "5G" initiative that's coming soon and how it's do or die for them. Basically, if it fails (which it will), then DC publishing is gone. I can't even fathom there not being Superman, Batman, Flash comics. Ugh.

Even if Warner Media cut DC loose completely, someone would pick them up almost immediately. That IP portfolio is massively valuable and many have argued it hasn't been properly leveraged by its parent company for a while. I've actually started to think exiting Warner Media (and sheetcanning DiDio) wouldn't be the worst thing for them. But I doubt they're going anywhere regardless.

Even if Warner Media cut DC loose completely, someone would pick them up almost immediately. That IP portfolio is massively valuable and many have argued it hasn't been properly leveraged by its parent company for a while. I've actually started to think exiting Warner Media (and shirtcanning DiDio) wouldn't be the worst thing for them. But I doubt they're going anywhere regardless.
That's good to hear. Still, I'm not looking forward to this 5G thing. I'll probably check out of buying my usual books during that period of time. The whole idea of Superman retiring and his son taking over doesn't hold much appeal to me. If they want to tell stories with his son, do it in his own book.

That's good to hear. Still, I'm not looking forward to this 5G thing. I'll probably check out of buying my usual books during that period of time. The whole idea of Superman retiring and his son taking over doesn't hold much appeal to me. If they want to tell stories with his son, do it in his own book.

Hell, I think they've already started to re-think it. We've heard rumblings (I write reviews and guest host a Batman-centric podcast) that rumblings and early backlash already has DiDio backtracking on some of the plans, especially the length of the event.

Warner needs to see that the main problem with DC is Dan DiDio (and to an extent Jim Lee since he has no backbone to push back on DiDio when he should).

I will say if AT&T is crazy enough to let DC go, if I were Netflix, I would swoop it up in a New York second. Millarworld can't compete with what that IP would bring.

You know DC won't let this remain in continuity right...? It's probably a dream, much like that wedding we were supposed to get. Lol

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzUvOTY2L2kwMi9CYXRjYXQuanBn

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom