Comic Book Talk (4 Viewers)

Rob is a coked up whacko that despite three decades in the industry still can't draw actual human proportions or feet. Also he keeps taking credit for creating Deadpool despite the version of the character he created just being a lame Deathstroke knockoff that brought none of the fourth wall breaking humor that later made the character popular.

He was also the least talented, by a significant margin, of all the original Image founders. Like their slow younger brother their mom made them take along to start their new company.

I have seen this defense of Liefeld lately that amounts to "His art only looks bad compared to other professionals, he's still more talented than any amateur." WRONG. There are plenty of amateur artists who never drew anything like this in their lives:

honorable-mention-photo-u1
Yeah. I challenged him once in the whole fourth wall thing because that claim is a downright lie. Hell, She-Hulk had broken that wall long before Deadpool was thought of.

Idiot

I just shake my head every time I see that drawing. How'd that man get paid for that?

So it seems DiDio (idiot supreme) has hinted that DC will be going through another New 52-type timeline at NYCC with many of the current line of heroes stepping down and others taking their places (i.e., Jon Kent replacing Clark as Superman). I know that new things have to happen from time to time but this sheet here I'm not crazy about at all, especially if it's closer to New 52 and not Rebirth. I have no faith in DiDio and Lee at all.

I would have rather have seen KF become CEO of Lucasfilm and stop that ship from sinking.

Supposedly internal chatter is that Kennedys position will be evaluated after Rise of Skywalker. It is interesting to note that the only Star Wars stuff in active development at the moment is for Disney+ and it's looking like at least a three year break between movies. Rian Johnson has also started saying more "if than when" in regards to his supposed trilogy, and it's looking like Benioff and Weiss are, at most, writing treatments for other writers to adapt.

In other words, the future Star Wars film slate is entirely up in the air right now and it may be a while before we hear anything, but theres a good chance it looks nothing like what was originally planned. There are some claiming Iger and Horn know the Star Wars brand needs work and that Rise of Skywalker's performance/reception will dictate how they move forward.

So it seems DiDio (idiot supreme) has hinted that DC will be going through another New 52-type timeline at NYCC with many of the current line of heroes stepping down and others taking their places (i.e., Jon Kent replacing Clark as Superman). I know that new things have to happen from time to time but this shirt here I'm not crazy about at all, especially if it's closer to New 52 and not Rebirth. I have no faith in DiDio and Lee at all.

DC was doing well until Geoff Johns was removed from the ruling triumvirate, allowing DiDio to be unchecked in his stupidity once more. He is a buffoon of the highest order.

DC was doing well until Geoff Johns was removed from the ruling triumvirate, allowing DiDio to be unchecked in his stupidity once more. He is a buffoon of the highest order.
And Lee is a rubber-stamping puppet.

DC can go fork themselves if they replace Clark with Jon. I'll be mighty P'Oed. Like I said the other day, they need to quit with all this silly sheet and just make good books.

DC can go fork themselves if they replace Clark with Jon. I'll be mighty P'Oed. Like I said the other day, they need to quit with all this silly shirt and just make good books.

Yeah. I was ok with the rumors of Bruce Wayne taking a break as I thought it meant that the were going to be developing his relationship with Selina more (as a married couple). This, however, is just stupid. They're talking about the Trinity, Flash, and God knows who else.

It's just stupid beyond reason.

And Lee is a rubber-stamping puppet.

Yeah, however people feel about Johns actual comic work, it's clear he was tamping down DiDios dumber impulses when he was in an administrative role. Jim Lee is absolutely there to smile, cash checks, and agree to whatever is going on.

But artists not understanding the writing aspect is nothing new. It's why so many early Image books were embrassing.

Anyone read X-Men #1 yet? I plan on doing so this weekend.

I've got it downloaded, but haven't had a chance to read it. I'll be doing that this weekend, as well.

I did get a chance to read the last issue of Superman: Year 1. A few things:

1. This is definitely The Dark Knight Returns version of the character.
2. Frank Miller needs to retire, like really retire.

Miller has done more to harm his legacy in the past decade or so than I ever could have imagined. He should have called it quits a while back. He's become kind of a sad figure now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom