Comic Book Talk (4 Viewers)

Good. Can they now focus on writing some good Superman stuff that makes me actually want to read it instead of having it sit in a pile waiting to be read whenever I have nothing else to do?

Another, as yet unconfirmed officially, thing that has been said about the restructure is all the major creator exclusive deals are going under the microscope. So it wouldn't shock me if it's determined Bendis is not at all worth all that money he's getting paid.

Which he isn't. They're paying for little more than extremely diminished name value for a guy that was the industry Golden Boy two decades ago at this point.

Another, as yet unconfirmed officially, thing that has been said about the restructure is all the major creator exclusive deals are going under the microscope. So it wouldn't shock me if it's determined Bendis is not at all worth all that money he's getting paid.

Which he isn't. They're paying for little more than extremely diminished name value for a guy that was the industry Golden Boy two decades ago at this point.

Yup. One of the many dumb mistakes DiDio made in his waning years there.

Lee also confirmed what's also been suspected that all original content on DCU is going to HBO Max and that DCU will be looking more like Marvel Unlimited in the near future. I'm ok with that as long as they increase the library.

Yall checking out DC Fandome? Starts in about 20 minutes.

Yall checking out DC Fandome? Starts in about 20 minutes.

I'll be following news on it throughout the day. They ended up moving most of it to September 12th as a result of the slash and burn, but most of the big movie and TV panels are still today. And I'm interested in hearing about the Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League game from Rocksteady.

I'll be following news on it throughout the day. They ended up moving most of it to September 12th as a result of the slash and burn, but most of the big movie and TV panels are still today. And I'm interested in hearing about the Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League game from Rocksteady.
I've been watching it on and off. It's pretty good to sit back and watch on a Saturday. Now, if we had some football on, I might not be watching so closely, but I've got time and figured it was a good way to pass that time.

I'm going to watch the replay. I am excited to read the Ridley Batman mini-series.

The Black superhero has never been common in the comic book industry. An entire Black superhero universe? Even less so.

Black superheroes have had varying degrees of success in comics over the last half century, with Marvel’s Black Panther easily being the most well-known.

A Black superhero universe? There’s been only one of relevance. And it has been a sleeping giant for more than two decades.

Now, in an era of protests after the prominent deaths of Black men and women at the hands of police that has put a lens over race relations in all walks of life, the Dakotaverse, as it’s called, has been awakened.

The return of the now-classic imprint that created it, Milestone Comics, is finally upon us...........

I'm happy they were able to get all of that legal mess settled.

Static Shock, baby. Welcome back.

Makes me wish Dwayne McDuffie were still alive. Glad Milestone is coming back, though.

Yep. Dwayne was such a visionary to help create Milestone and the characters within the universe.

So Batman Day is slated for September 19th this year and as a part of it, DC said they will be making a big announcement about DC Universe (which makes sense since it originally launched on Batman Day).

My guess is that they announce its move to the digital comics platform similar to Marvel Unlimited. Definitely ok with that if that's the plan, but they need to open up more of the library, including other imprints (Vertigo dammit).

So Batman Day is slated for September 19th this year and as a part of it, DC said they will be making a big announcement about DC Universe (which makes sense since it originally launched on Batman Day).

My guess is that they announce its move to the digital comics platform similar to Marvel Unlimited. Definitely ok with that if that's the plan, but they need to open up more of the library, including other imprints (Vertigo dammit).

If they added Vertigo I'd sign up in a heartbeat. 90's and early 00's Vertigo is my favorite output of any company/publisher/imprint ever.

If they added Vertigo I'd sign up in a heartbeat. 90's and early 00's Vertigo is my favorite output of any company/publisher/imprint ever.

Wasn't the recent Sandman audio series on Audible based on that era?

Wasn't the recent Sandman audio series on Audible based on that era?

I haven't listened to it yet (I really need to correct this), but my understanding is it adapts the Preludes and Nocturnes issues, which are 1-8. So yeah, very much definitive of that era.

Ha, actually, I forgot that Sandman actually predated the Vertigo imprint and was later grandfathered into the line about halfway through its run.. So those issues are actually from 1989. But Sandman was Vertigo before Vertigo was a thing (Karen Berger, who basically founded Vertigo, gave Gaiman the Sandman gig when she was editing for DC proper). It influenced the line as a whole as much as any book could have.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom