Comic Book Talk (2 Viewers)

So does Marvel have to start all of their events killing someone?:jpshakehead:

First the glowing hot claws and now this?

return-of-wolverine-2-1129422.jpeg

Poor Wolvie.

I really wish Wolvie would have stayed dead. I know his popularity but I havn't liked him since the early 90s. I'd much rather bring back the best comic book character ever, Scott Summers.

I really wish Wolvie would have stayed dead. I know his popularity but I havn't liked him since the early 90s. I'd much rather bring back the best comic book character ever, Scott Summers.

tenor.gif

:)

To each their own. I am fascinated with Cyclops. What he has had to deal with, with literally every other x-man being a little birch then running to him to fix everything (all this before he died obviously), makes me appreciate him as a leader. Marvel gave him the shaft. I liked wolverine back when damage hurt him. When he started appearing on 15 books a month and being thrown into the sun and fine the next panel, that was too much for me.

Wolverine is to Marvel as Batman is to DC. You just have to accept it for what it is.

That new costume is terrible, by the way. Like really, really awful.

There is only one choice for the best Wolverine costume.

Attachments

• wWolverine_4_1200_927_81_s.jpg
    wWolverine_4_1200_927_81_s.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 5
Wolverine is to Marvel as Batman is to DC. You just have to accept it for what it is.

That new costume is terrible, by the way. Like really, really awful.

There is only one choice for the best Wolverine costume.

This times 10.

I liked wolverine back when damage hurt him. When he started appearing on 15 books a month and being thrown into the sun and fine the next panel, that was too much for me.

I do agree with this re: the healing factor becoming too OP. I've recently been re-reading X-Men stuff from Giant Size X-Men #1, and it's crazy how much more vulnerable Wolverine was back in the 70's and 80's. He healed fast and was more durable but far from invincible. He could be hurt and potentially killed by reasonable means during this era, just a lot more of them than would take out a normal person.

Then by the 2000's he was basically Cell from Dragon Ball Z and could regenerate from total obliteration as long as minimal healthy tissue survived. Lame.

Max Bemis is leaving Moon Knight. I'm so happy because he was just running the character into the ground. Moon Knight is one of the most underrated characters in the Marvel universe.

So has anyone been keeping up with Comicsgate? It sucks that this drama has weaseled into the industry. Some argue that it was inevitable considering the SJW that are now common in mainstream comics, especially in the Big 2.

So has anyone been keeping up with Comicsgate? It sucks that this drama has weaseled into the industry. Some argue that it was inevitable considering the SJW that are now common in mainstream comics, especially in the Big 2.

An industry as precariously solvent as the comic book industry can ill afford to drive away its existing base. There is no replacement population so to speak. "Get woke, go broke" is a thing. It's happened in the video game industry with more than a few titles/publishers already. Comics aren't hardy enough to weather that kind of storm. People by and large do not want social engineering agendas shoved down their throat in their entertainment. They will tune out eventually.

Hell, I know I have tapped out with Marvel. I'm left of center politically, but this isn't even about left/right anymore. I don't know what these SJW types represent other than a ravenous horde intent on destroying everything. It's literally now like "If it's the established or accepted way of doing things, it's wrong and must die."

And don't get me wrong. sometimes the system needs a shock for sure. But there doesn't seem to be any endgame with these folks. It's just "All change is good. Change is the only thing with value," which is obviously not true at all. And even then they don't know what change they want.

Look at the Wil Wheaton fiasco this week for a good primer on how these people pretty much only want to lash out in rage.

I haven't kept up with it. What's going on? I'll research it later, but a quick synopsis would be lovely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom