Cutting the cable, lets talk options and media setups (5 Viewers)

For someone living outside of the Saints market area:

Do you think NFL will ever branch out and allow Sunday Ticket subscriptions for people not on Direct TV?

I know that's one of the only reasons Direct TV can hold on to subscribers right now. Apple TV has the Sunday Ticket app, but it's only available for subscribers and that's only for people that are outside of the Direct TV viewing area.

Do you think NFL will ever branch out and allow Sunday Ticket subscriptions for people not on Direct TV?

I know that's one of the only reasons Direct TV can hold on to subscribers right now. Apple TV has the Sunday Ticket app, but it's only available for subscribers and that's only for people that are outside of the Direct TV viewing area.

I just recently had this conversation with a Directv rep over the phone. I do think it will eventually happen, probably for DirectvNow customers. Right now you must have a standard subscription to be able to order Sunday Ticket.

My solution was to lower my Directv plan from the premier (every channel) to the lowest tier, which saved me around $140 a month. I will use streaming services for other sports and HBO (UFC app if I want to order a PPV fight) and then use Directv solely for the locals and to have access to Saints games (via Sunday ticket). It's definitely not the most economical way to do things but for my situation it is saving me $$$ and I still get to watch Saints games.

The only other option that it's allowed via streaming IIRC is if you live in an apartment complex that doesn't allow you to have a dish on the building.

Wait, what? We have Vue. My wife set all this up so I really didn't know. Like most other things in our life I just pay the bill. I thought I needed HBO Now, too.

Edit: Just checked and yep, I can add HBO streaming to Vue and have access to HBO Now through it.

Thanks everyone! I'm clueless, so I'm sure I'll have more dumb questions later. :hihi:

You don't have to watch movies live either. You can watch it as many times as you would like with 200+ titles updated on a weekly basis.

What the hell Sony...?

With no warning, today PlayStation Vue has raised the price of their service on all packages. Today, even if you get no locals, PlayStation Vue now costs an extra $10 a month.

You will find that PlayStation Vue starts at $39.99 a month for the Access package and goes up from there. The Core package costs $44.99 a month, Elite costs $54.99 and the Ultra costs $74.99. This is the price that subscribers who lived in select areas paid in the past, but now it seems all PlayStation Vue subscribers pay. We have changed the location on PlayStation Vue’s website to areas with no locals and it still shows this new higher price for their packages.

Update #2 After looking into this more it seems that the Slim package on PlayStation Vue is no longer offered. It now starts with the Access package. This is breaking news and Sony has yet to respond to our emails.

With no warning, today PlayStation Vue has raised the price of their service on all packages. Today, even if you get no locals, PlayStation Vue now costs an extra $10 a month. You will find that PlayStation Vue starts at $39.99 a month for the Access package and goes up from there. The Core package costs $44.99 a month, Elite costs $54.99 and the Ultra costs $74.99. This is the price that subscribers who lived in select areas paid in the past, but now it seems all PlayStation Vue subscribers pay. We have changed the location on PlayStation Vue’s website to areas with no locals and it still shows this new higher price for their packages.

Update #2 After looking into this more it seems that the Slim package on PlayStation Vue is no longer offered. It now starts with the Access package. This is breaking news and Sony has yet to respond to our emails.

PlayStation Vue Raises The Price of All Their Packages - Cord Cutters News

I understand the business aspect, but damn. You think you'd want to let your customers know? :idunno:

A few yrs ago, in 2012 or 2013, i lived outside the Saints market area and wasnt a DirectTV customer, but there was a promo where you could buy Madden NFL for $99 and get a free code to watch every NFL game live on your computer or phone... Now, i hadnt played a video game in over 25 yrs at that point so i couldnt have cared less about the game, but i spent the $99 , gave the game to my nephew, and had access to every Saints game that year.. as luck would have it, almost all 16 games were on TV that year, either prime time or the game of the week or whatever, and i think i only used the code twice... the following year, the promo was no longer being offered and of course, only a handful of Saints games were on TV and i had no way to view the other games.. in any case, you might want to keep your eyes peeled to see if anything similar is offered this year.

I am glad there is finally a Kodi addon for Vue.
now I can have all my viewing on one app with Kodi. it's on the Cellardoor Tv build. I love it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lol you guys didn't think they'd keep those low prices now did ya. Soon the streaming services will be just as much as cable. Especially if you have more than one service.

I keep getting the "mobile restricted" message on my phone with PSVue. I've signed out / signed in to the app from my home network. I've uninstalled the app and re-installed it. For some reason it won't recognize my home network on my phone. Any ideas?

Update: I found how to fix it. In the Manage Subscription section on the PSVue website, I was able to fix my location. I'm thinking it may have happened b/c I swapped routers shortly after signing up for PSVue.

I keep getting the "mobile restricted" message on my phone with PSVue. I've signed out / signed in to the app from my home network. I've uninstalled the app and re-installed it. For some reason it won't recognize my home network on my phone. Any ideas?

That's weird. It only happens for me when I'm off of my home wifi.

Update: I found how to fix it. In the Manage Subscription section on the PSVue website, I was able to fix my location. I'm thinking it may have happened b/c I swapped routers shortly after signing up for PSVue.

What is their rationale for this "mobile restriction" anyway? I know when I had Sling I did'n't have to deal with this problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom