Cutting the cable, lets talk options and media setups (1 Viewer)

My internet is down. Only COX. Down in all of Orleans &Jefferson and they are saying nothing is wrong. Had to go to my phone through LTE.

Cox is down regionally, and they know it, at least on the business side.

Cox is down regionally, and they know it, at least on the business side.
Main switch...our office is done for day.

Eta 7-8 pm

ork Crews (non Cox )cut a major Fiber line Cox in Lafayette working. Cox is working to get it fixed as soon as possible. (source friend at Cox Baton Rouge.

Third hand but fwiw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I used to install for Cox in Pensacola/Fort Walton. I had an install within the last year where the customer was reinstalling all of his cable boxes after having gone down to internet only. He went back to cable because he said that it was costing him more money to stream PSVue in all rooms than it was to have a cable box in every room.

It's all ********.
That's practically impossible unless they bought a PSVue account for every person. You don't need to do that because you can stream 5 at the same time. You can even double PSVue account and still be cheaper than the average cable package.

I heard them saying on the WWL radio news this morning that Cox said their cap is going to be a TB/month and that 95% of their customers never reach that amount.

Is this totally false? I would be switching to them if the TB/month is true.

I have Uverse right now packaged with Directv but was planning on switching to Cox and Slingtv in the next month or two. I'm going to lose my uncapped Uverse when I cancel Directv so planned to go to Cox, but if the cap is going to be just as low as Uverse, why would I bother switching?

Now granted, it's just me, but if I home, something is generally streaming. I'm well under 500/month.

Main switch...our office is done for day.

Eta 7-8 pm

ork Crews (non Cox )cut a major Fiber line Cox in Lafayette working. Cox is working to get it fixed as soon as possible. (source friend at Cox Baton Rouge.

Third hand but fwiw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Sounds right to me. I work for Comcast in Monroe and we had a similar situation happen where the main fiber feed between jackson/Memphis got cut.
While I don't work on Fiber I have seen how it is spliced and it is not a "fast fix". It can take hours to splice back together. A single strand is the size of a hair and there can be hundreds of them depending on the size of the line.

That's practically impossible unless they bought a PSVue account for every person. You don't need to do that because you can stream 5 at the same time. You can even double PSVue account and still be cheaper than the average cable package.
The data cap had already been implemented over here. The excess data was what pushed the price up, not the PSVue service.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

For a family I can see where that can get expensive but for a single person living in an apartment Sling TV at 19.99 a month makes sense. Question if he went back to cable did he cancel internet? Those bundle deals cable& att only last for like a year then you get a nice surprise of $180+ per month. Not to mention the cost of renting those boxes and additional fees.
They kept the internet. See post above as to why it became expensive for them.

The data cap had already been implemented over here. The excess data was what pushed the price up, not the PSVue service.

Ah. Gotcha. That makes more sense. It would probably be cheaper to upgrade the internet than add cable.

Hopefully everyone's internet is back up.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

So for those of you that have tried both (or anyone that feels strongly about one), Sling vs. Playstation Vue, which do you prefer and why?

So for those of you that have tried both (or anyone that feels strongly about one), Sling vs. Playstation Vue, which do you prefer and why?
Vue...

There's just a better interface and it doesn't seem to lag as much as Sling did when I was trying both.

Vue also has more local stations than with Sling it any other streaming service.

Wasn't sure if this was posted or not but Vue now allows you to watch your record shows from anywhere, with the exception of CBS and a few other shows.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The fact COX moved to a smaller store on Vets and no longer give you popcorn is a sure sign they are losing money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom