Did You Sell Your Tickets to the 49ers Game? (1 Viewer)

Did you sell your tickets to 49ers game?

• Yes

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • No

Votes: 102 32.5%
  • I'm not a season ticket holder

Votes: 154 49.0%
  • Tacos

Votes: 41 13.1%

• Total voters
And generally the tickets people are seeing on TV are lower bowl tickets in the $200-350 face value range which a lot of people on the waiting list aren't willing to pay for. Revoke ticket rights from people who are willing to pay that and the Saints may have to lower prices to get the "real fans" in. I just don't see that happening.
Denver managed to get rid of as many brokers as possible and it didn't cause them to lower prices.

ETA: A lot of that lower bowl are owned by companies who give tickets to clients. I don't think they should have their rights revoked just like I don't think fans who need to sell some games every year for whatever reason should. It's just the brokers who are only in it for the profit that I think should have to give up their rights so the people on the waiting list can have the opportunity to buy them at least. If the waiting list doesn't buy them, so be it and sell them to whoever wants them. At least they'd have made an attempt.

And on your comparison sake, the playoff games were louder than a regular season game? YOU DON'T SAY!

And I can promise you, last Sunday was definitely louder than the Eagles regular season game last year. That game was a blowout, we didn't need to maintain the levels of loudness like we did last Sunday.

Sorry, you're hearing what you want to hear. You saw a lot of 49ers fans in the audience and you instantly convinced yourself the Saints HFA was thus, in your view, lacking.

For one, I have no idea why you're getting upset. I'm guessing that you're a stubborn spoiled kid of some sort.

I dont have selective hearing, neither does the other 10 people that watched the game with me. Grappolo only covered his ears a handful of times. I seen games where the offense was so rattled in the dome that they made mistakes or had to use time outs. That dome was no where near as loud as it should have been. The crowd had no impact on the 49ers and maybe, just maybe genius, that if those 30k plus 49ers were replaced with saints fans it could have been. Its not rocket science.. now go back to school.

For one, I have no idea why you're getting upset. I'm guessing that you're a stubborn spoiled kid of some sort.

I dont have selective hearing, neither does the other 10 people that watched the game with me. Grappolo only covered his ears a handful of times. I seen games where the offense was so rattled in the dome that made mistakes and had to use time outs. That dome was no where near as loud as it should have been and maybe, just maybe genius, that if those 30k plus 49ers were replaced with saints fans it could have been. Its not rocket science.. now go back to school.
LOL. 30,000 49ers fans? Dude, it was like 10,000. Multiple false starts were forced by the crowd noise, and he was covering his earholes for plenty more than "a couple of plays" - basically the entire second half - and the 49ers themselves who'd never played in the Dome said it was the loudest and craziest experience in their football lives. Too bad that doesn't meet your standards for making enough noise.

LOL. 30,000 49ers fans? Dude, it was like 10,000. Multiple false starts were forced by the crowd noise, and he was covering his earholes for plenty more than "a couple of plays" - basically the entire second half - and the 49ers themselves who'd never played in the Dome said it was the loudest and craziest experience in their football lives. Too bad that doesn't meet your standards for making enough noise.

Well those 10k sure did enough to get themselves heard on tv. I'm not saying it was quiet you guys are definitely not understanding me. I'm saying it should have been louder. This game was huge.. this wasnt some regular game. This was FOR our position in the playoffs so it should have been treated AS a playoff game to above, Mr you dont say.

Well those 10k sure did enough to get themselves heard on tv. I'm not saying it was quiet you guys are definitely not understanding me. I'm saying it should have been louder. This game was huge.. this wasnt some regular game. This was FOR our position in the playoffs so it should have been treated AS a playoff game to above, Mr you dont say.
It was plenty loud. Just because you didn't think so from what you heard on television proves nothing. People who were actually at the game aren't complaining about a lack of noise. I wonder why that is...

It was loud. And I heard it from section 628, not my couch.

I've said it a bunch of times, but when you sell your tickets you don't have a choice of who to sell them to. There's nothing stopping Saints fans from buying tickets except their unwillingness or inability to pay for them. Add to that the fact that New Orleans is an incredible place to visit and you will have a lot of visitors.

There doesn't need to be all this judgement being passed around at regular ticket holders. It's not like we get a sweet deal on the tickets and the water costs less than $4.75. This is just what the NFL is now. You should contribute to the cause by buying a ticket online next time.

I am in favor of the team removing season tickets from someone that routinely sells their seats. It shouldn't be automatic (i.e. they need to actually talk to the owner) and the process should give the ticketholder the benefit of the doubt, as not everyone can make every game or ensure that the tix always go to Saints fans, but, bottom line the stadium shouldn't be 20% visitors when there's supposedly a huge waiting list. If you're treating your season tickets "like a business" then I hope you find another way to make money. Similarly, if the only way you can afford to buy season tix is to sell half of the games, then you might reconsider whether you can actually afford them. That sounds bad I guess but JMHO.

Also, I am diehard in my support of free market capitalism, but "I can do what I want with my ticket!" is not really a true statement. The ticket is part of your contract with the team and subject to the terms and conditions thereof.

I’m still on the wait list but ultimately its really not our business who sells what to who. I’d try to sell to a fellow who dat, but at the same time I’ve sat in plenty of opposing teams stadiums, and grateful I was able to make a trip out of seeing the saints play somewhere else. It’s not that big of a deal

I am in favor of the team removing season tickets from someone that routinely sells their seats. It shouldn't be automatic (i.e. they need to actually talk to the owner) and the process should give the ticketholder the benefit of the doubt, as not everyone can make every game or ensure that the tix always go to Saints fans, but, bottom line the stadium shouldn't be 20% visitors when there's supposedly a huge waiting list. If you're treating your season tickets "like a business" then I hope you find another way to make money. Similarly, if the only way you can afford to buy season tix is to sell half of the games, then you might reconsider whether you can actually afford them. That sounds bad I guess but JMHO.

Also, I am diehard in my support of free market capitalism, but "I can do what I want with my ticket!" is not really a true statement. The ticket is part of your contract with the team and subject to the terms and conditions thereof.

If you can only afford to attend half the games, buy your season tickets with friends.

It was loud. And I heard it from section 628, not my couch.

I've said it a bunch of times, but when you sell your tickets you don't have a choice of who to sell them to. There's nothing stopping Saints fans from buying tickets except their unwillingness or inability to pay for them. Add to that the fact that New Orleans is an incredible place to visit and you will have a lot of visitors.

There doesn't need to be all this judgement being passed around at regular ticket holders. It's not like we get a sweet deal on the tickets and the water costs less than $4.75. This is just what the NFL is now. You should contribute to the cause by buying a ticket online next time.
It's not about judging people. And I didnt watch from my couch, so all this judgment for people watching at home not being able to hear a difference is nuts. I was sitting right next to our 55 inch with the volume on 80. And I have been to games, my cousin is a season ticket holder and she has given me her tickets when she couldnt make it. Most recent was the bears game in '17 next to the field goal. We all can't afford tickets. She went to the game and admitted it was loud but could of been louder and saw more 49ers fans than she expect.

Just saying, look were all on the same side. This was an important game.. when sean and drew ask for that dome to be louder than usual.. I expect the fans to do that I dont believe they have. Just from what I heard and saw. No affect on their offense. Just saying so yall need to chill and stop being butt hurt about others opinions.

Last edited:
a friend of mine on the inside at the Saints Org said after the amount of fans of the 49ers, talk in the org is that they are going to start filming the dome during games and reviewing seats and sections to determine whether or not they cancel season tickets. i didnt realize it but she said as per season ticket rules they can be revoked at anytime without reason. She also said that there will be a tip line possibly going out so you can report specific seats that are being sold consistently. sounds like they are going to tighten this up.
Why would they need to film? I would assume are electronically transferred with many going through the NFL Ticket Exchange, that they promote. Shouldn't they be able to track many of those? I can tell you that in my section and on my row, there are 2 seats that are sold every game. I have not seen the original owners of those seats in at least 3 years. I have told my ticket rep this and nothing has happened. I can see people selling tickets at times when they cannot make the game (i,e, traveling or such). But selling for 3 straight years including playoffs, that is a broker to me.

Having said that, it is a bit hypocritical of the Saints to complain when they sell season tickets directly to brokers when there are supposedly tens of thousands of fans on a waiting list.

I don't think that the organization is targeting season ticket holders that do this a couple of times a year. I would think that they are going after brokers and people who do it regularly.
If they cared, they would not have contracts with brokers to sell season tickets to. The Saints and Pelicans both have contracts for chunks of season tickets that are sold directly to brokers as well as out of town sponsors.

Rattling brees wasnt the issue we are complaining, it was the lack of noise against the 49ers. I watched the game at home and thought where is the crowd noise? Why isnt that dome louder when the 49ers offense was on the field. Trust me.. it made a difference.
Maybe you should get to the Dome then. It was plenty loud.

I've definitely heard louder games on tv. Last years NFC championship, '09 nfc championship. Eagles/rams last year. I've also heard some cheers for the 49ers from the crowd. You were there so of course it seemed loud to you, that's not what I heard from my chair that was the closest seat to the tv.
So you are judging crowd noise from your couch? That's funny. The same exact crowd noise can sound differently on different broadcasts depending on the filters used by the networks. If you want real crowd noise, get off the couch and to the Dome.

Last edited:

I dont have selective hearing, neither does the other 10 people that watched the game with me. Grappolo only covered his ears a handful of times. I seen games where the offense was so rattled in the dome that they made mistakes or had to use time outs. That dome was no where near as loud as it should have been. The crowd had no impact on the 49ers and maybe, just maybe genius, that if those 30k plus 49ers were replaced with saints fans it could have been. Its not rocket science.. now go back to school.
Are you just trolling? There were nowhere near 30,000 fans and if you think Garapolo was not affected, you are making things up. Did you realize they even had to use one of their timeouts on the last drive with the clock stopped because he could not hear the call?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom