Giant Movies That You Never Hear About Anymore (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I don't know. There's an entire section of Disney World devoted to this and there are some sequels coming out. It's not as big as it was, but I think this one is still bouncing around.

I think Disney and James Cameron have severely overestimated the appeal of Avatar. I think it worked the first time because the effects were great and it created an entire new world. But that newness has worn off long ago and it's effect aren't that special given today's tech. I mean, I went to Avatar world at Disney. It's a cool looking place and there is one great VR ride, but I wasn't in any way drawn by the fact that it was Avatar. It was just finally something new to do at Disney.

Maybe the dumbest vote in the Academy's history.

Well, they did also give Gary Senise in Forrest Gump the best supporting actor Oscar over Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

Which reminds me that Forrest Gump was hugely hyped but you don't hear anything about it anymore except for that really bad restaurant that is themed after it.

Well, they did also give Gary Senise in Forrest Gump the best supporting actor Oscar over Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

Which reminds me that Forrest Gump was hugely hyped but you don't hear anything about it anymore except for that really bad restaurant that is themed after it.

People still quote that movie all the time. I teach middle schoolers who quote it incessantly. It's still very popular.

Forrest Gump is on TV all the time

It’s one of those movies I’ll burn out on, not watch for a few years then when I do see it again I’m reminded how much I like it

Not to pile on, but you do hear about this movie all the time, if for nothing else than it always seems to pop up on those lists of movies that didn't deserve their Oscar.

Forrest Gump is on TV all the time

It’s one of those movies I’ll burn out on, not watch for a few years then when I do see it again I’m reminded how much I like it

Well, I never see it on TV and I never hear it quoted. But then again, I avoid it since I think it's a sappy piece of junk filled pseudo psychology to make Baby Boomers feel good about themselves.

Not to pile on, but you do hear about this movie all the time, if for nothing else than it always seems to pop up on those lists of movies that didn't deserve their Oscar.

That's fair enough. None of the people in that movie, nor the movie itself deserved any Oscars.

I mean, there were 3 films nominated for best picture that year that deserved it over Forrest Gump: Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, and Quiz Show were all much better movies. Four Weddings and a Funeral was even more entertaining.

And, actually I was wrong, Gary Sinise did not win best supporting actor, Martin Landau won it for Ed Wood. Which was also a travesty. They gave it to him for lifetime achievement.

Well, I never see it on TV and I never hear it quoted. But then again, I avoid it since I think it's a sappy piece of junk filled pseudo psychology to make Baby Boomers feel good about themselves.

I think you've said so before

I think you've said so before

Probably many times. I've just never gotten the love for that movie.

Gary Sinese is constantly traveling the world, raising money for disabled vets, holding Christmas parties for children who have parents that died in the military & building houses for wounded veterans.

He also just published a best seller to raise $$$ for wounded vets.

His band, “The Lt Dan Band” plays all over the world & they are FUN & GREAT to hear. They get everyone up shake, rattling & rolling, even the old people.

The last time I heard his band play, there was this guy that came out of the VIP tent. He was a real big guy, in a wheelchair, with no legs. He had a big German Shepard on each side of the wheelchair.
It was heartbreaking. I really admired Gary that he can be around such tragedy on a continuing basis.

Gary Sinese has also co-sponsored the Memorial Day Celebration on Capital Hill, for the last 30 years, which is always on PBS.

Lt Dan will never go away, as long as Gary Sinese is alive & helping disabled vets.

Gary Sinese is constantly traveling the world, raising money for disabled vets, holding Christmas parties for children who have parents that died in the military & building houses for wounded veterans.

He also just published a best seller to raise $$$ for wounded vets.

His band, “The Lt Dan Band” plays all over the world & they are FUN & GREAT to hear. They get everyone up shake, rattling & rolling, even the old people.

The last time I heard his band play, there was this guy that came out of the VIP tent. He was a real big guy, in a wheelchair, with no legs. He had a big German Shepard on each side of the wheelchair.
It was heartbreaking. I really admired Gary that he can be around such tragedy on a continuing basis.

Gary Sinese has also co-sponsored the Memorial Day Celebration on Capital Hill, for the last 30 years, which is always on PBS.

Lt Dan will never go away, as long as Gary Sinese is alive & helping disabled vets.

What's that got to do with whether or not his performance was better than Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction or Martin Landau in Ed Wood?

I mean he's apparently a good guy and that's great, but it doesn't mean he deserved an award for his acting performance. Anyway, as I corrected above, it turns out he didn't win, Martin Landau did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom