House of the Dragon teaser trailer (GoT prequel) (6 Viewers)

I didn’t remember that…
I didn't either...At the time it wasn't really worth me remembering because I just took it as a small talk story that Joffery told giving us more insight into his dickishness.

George has said that Winds of Winter is now 75 percent complete. So I guess that's still a couple of years away.

"Martin says he wanted to say he’s delivered “The Winds of Winter” for publication, but estimates it’ll take months more if all goes well." https://wgntv.com/news/game-of-thrones-author-blogs-that-he-missed-book-deadline/

That was January 2016. Don't fall for it. He went from thinking in August of 2015 that he could wrap up and finish the book by December 31, 2015 to...now he's "75% complete" 6 years later. He has no plans to finish this book.

"Martin says he wanted to say he’s delivered “The Winds of Winter” for publication, but estimates it’ll take months more if all goes well." https://wgntv.com/news/game-of-thrones-author-blogs-that-he-missed-book-deadline/

That was January 2016. Don't fall for it. He went from thinking in August of 2015 that he could wrap up and finish the book by December 31, 2015 to...now he's "75% complete" 6 years later. He has no plans to finish this book.
Yep, until it actually is released, I'm just assuming it will never be finished.

I disagree. I think he plans on finishing it but it's also supposed to be the biggest book yet at over 1,500 pages long. I've been watching lots of videos of interviews with him and other things and I think he's being sincere. I think WoW will get released but then he'll probably die before the last one can be finished.

I disagree. I think he plans on finishing it but it's also supposed to be the biggest book yet at over 1,500 pages long. I've been watching lots of videos of interviews with him and other things and I think he's being sincere. I think WoW will get released but then he'll probably die before the last one can be finished.

I can only Dream of Spring

Think about it, over 1,500 pages so let's just say 1,600. 75 percent complete means he's written 1,200 pages. That's a lot. That's bigger than It and it's not even finished yet. He also has stopped saying when he expects it to come out because he's always wrong. That's different than saying how far along the book is.

Think about it, over 1,500 pages so let's just say 1,600. 75 percent complete means he's written 1,200 pages. That's a lot. That's bigger than It and it's not even finished yet. He also has stopped saying when he expects it to come out because he's always wrong. That's different than saying how far along the book is.
Well, it could also be that when he said 75%, it's turning out to be 50% in actuality. It also could be he just hasn't worked on it. Who knows?

Well, it could also be that when he said 75%, it's turning out to be 50% in actuality. It also could be he just hasn't worked on it. Who knows?

Right. I don't consider myself a pessimist but I just don't know how you go from thinking you're months away from finishing to not being able to give a date 6 years later. And the entire time he has been saying he's working on WoW too. It doesn't add up, but it is what it is. I'm not being a pessimist when I say I'm resigned to the very realistic likelihood that he will continue to not be honest about his progress, he will die before it's finished, and Sanderson will have both books out within 18 months when he does.

Right. I don't consider myself a pessimist but I just don't know how you go from thinking you're months away from finishing to not being able to give a date 6 years later. And the entire time he has been saying he's working on WoW too. It doesn't add up, but it is what it is. I'm not being a pessimist when I say I'm resigned to the very realistic likelihood that he will continue to not be honest about his progress, he will die before it's finished, and Sanderson will have both books out within 18 months when he does.
People are wrong about their own predictions all the time. Again, I think he'll finish the one but not the other. I think he's trying to finish a book that's become complicated and hard for him to finish and he has other interests besides GoT. If he was in his 50s and not 70s I would think he would finish both of them.

I think it's a major amount of not being able to figure out how to make it all work. He has admitted that to some extent. He still writes, but it's always something different in the same universe. He is also prone to massive rewrites. He could be honest saying he has 75% done, and then he decides to rewrite 4 chapters.

I don't defend him, or Rothfuss though. You can write an insanely small amount per day, and get a book done in a few years. I think both of them were motivated by financial security, and now that they will never be poor. They have both slowed down considerably.

P.S. For any Kingkiller fans there are rumors the 3rd book is going through the editing process. Still might be a year, or two from seeing it published if the rumors are true.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom