Inflation here? gas/grocery prices just continue to climb (4 Viewers)

If you had me blind taste test $100 bottles vs $20 bottles and pick which was which with a gun to my head, I'd be a dead man.
Same here, I’ve tried but I guess my palette has never recognized fine wine. NOW, blind fold me and give me a Natty Light and and premium beer, I could pick it with no problem.

I'm so glad I never developed a taste for good food.
A man's gotta know when to bypass the meat counter. :covri:

I need to leave this outdated state.
you forgot "arse backwards" as well

got a good friend in O & G- when price per barrel over $60, his business does well. So for last 2-3 years he has been quite "vocal " about Dems in office.

Dude posted just the other day on a social media site- " Tired of paying $80 a week to fill up" . LOLOLOL

Not expected to get resolved until 2023

This has probably created a brand new business of ‘bringing supplies to ships that are just parked for months’
And there’s undoubtedly boat pimps who bring prostitutes out to these ships

It’s all so weird

Wonder when skilled labor will keep up with inflation...

Good question. As lower wage workers keep getting raises (well deserved and overdue) at what point does someone working a crappy office job say fork it, I'm going work for Costco. Middle class wages don't seem to be keeping up. These are interesting times for workers.

Good question. As lower wage workers keep getting raises (well deserved and overdue) at what point does someone working a crappy office job say fork it, I'm going work for Costco. Middle class wages don't seem to be keeping up. These are interesting times for workers.

my fear is that the higher prices we see currently due to "shortages" in supply will be permanent at some point.

I remember when gas was $1/gal ( sometimes under $1) then spikes to $1.50- the explanation? oh its because oil prices climbing.

ok makes sense. But then oil prices sink. But the resulting lowering of gas was around $1.20. Not back to $1.

Repeat that 3-4 times in last 20 years and now we are HAPPY when gas is $2.25/gal.

I fear the same with many other things now will slowly work its way into the price point for many commodities.

my fear is that the higher prices we see currently due to "shortages" in supply will be permanent at some point.

I remember when gas was $1/gal ( sometimes under $1) then spikes to $1.50- the explanation? oh its because oil prices climbing.

ok makes sense. But then oil prices sink. But the resulting lowering of gas was around $1.20. Not back to $1.

Repeat that 3-4 times in last 20 years and now we are HAPPY when gas is $2.25/gal.

I fear the same with many other things now will slowly work its way into the price point for many commodities.
Oh, I guarantee you that happens.

I saw on the news last night that UPS is increasing their shipping rates.....despite having already made record profits for the year and they haven't even started with the holiday shipping season when they make more money. Think they'll go ahead and knock those shipping rates back down when all this resolves? Not a chance.

Wonder when skilled labor will keep up with inflation...

And white collar. Yes, it needs to happen. I've been beating the drum here. People are starting to leave. Job searches are booming for certain fields.

Just picked up lunch from 5 Guys…. They have always been on the expensive side for fast food- but today i got a hamburger (no cheese or bacon add ons).. a small French fry.. and a small drink…. Total (with a $1 add-on tip at the end) = $18.44……. I mean…. Can we normalize not calling 5 Guys ‘fast food’ anymore? I realize it’s a combination of the sign of the times as well as their usual propensity to be higher priced, but that isnt fast food pricing at all.

Just picked up lunch from 5 Guys…. They have always been on the expensive side for fast food- but today i got a hamburger (no cheese or bacon add ons).. a small French fry.. and a small drink…. Total (with a $1 add-on tip at the end) = $18.44……. I mean…. Can we normalize not calling 5 Guys ‘fast food’ anymore? I realize it’s a combination of the sign of the times as well as their usual propensity to be higher priced, but that isnt fast food pricing at all.
Where is it written that fast food should be inexpensive?

Also, it’s your own fault for eating garbage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom