Inflation here? gas/grocery prices just continue to climb (5 Viewers)

no joke.

Went Sat as i was doin burgers on pit.

wanted to get fresh head of iceberg and some other stuff.

Iceberg lettuce was $2.99/head.

it used to be $.79/head.

Didnt buy- bought Romaine instead. and this weekend im pulling up my celery and planting my own Romaine.
I don't know what store you are getting your lettuce, but I was just at Wal-Mart and Rouses, the iceberg lettuce was 82¢ a head at Wal-Mart and $1.69 at the Rouse in Gonzales..

I don't know what store you are getting your lettuce, but I was just at Wal-Mart and Rouses, the iceberg lettuce was 82¢ a head at Wal-Mart and $1.69 at the Rouse in Gonzales..

Rouses in Covington ( off 1077 )

At first i thought, hmmm..."organic" maybe? so i looked closer- nope wasnt " organic " - and i walked off.

If i go back this week, ill snap photo and post.

The ONLY thing i can think then is that the price sticker didnt say " organic" on it but it was the organic iceberg.

Now im curious. Because it was in the " normal lettuce" spot- they have 2 separate spots for "regular" and "organic" produce at this Rouses.

So I've noticed that over the last few weeks, the gas prices came down a bit, stayed around the same price, and are now slowly creeping up again. I couple gas stations I cross on the way to work were at 3.85 while most other places were ten cents cheaper. Well, they crept up to 3.89 last week and today I saw they're up to 3.95. Sigh.

So I've noticed that over the last few weeks, the gas prices came down a bit, stayed around the same price, and are now slowly creeping up again. I couple gas stations I cross on the way to work were at 3.85 while most other places were ten cents cheaper. Well, they crept up to 3.89 last week and today I saw they're up to 3.95. Sigh.

That's how they make you get used to the pain. I have a feeling we will never see gas under $3 for a least a couple of years. Maybe never again.

With "existing" being so pricey right now......how are so many places still looking for employees?

For a while, the grumbling was "they're paying people to stay home".......but there's no way people are still living off the $1,400 per person in a household that they may have gotten over a year ago, and the additional unemployment funds have long since dried up.
You'd be surprised. In contract negotiations with a couple of companies, I've heard them grumble that nobody wants to work because of all of that stimulus money.

That's why I posted it. I find the notion that nobody is working, and that the unemployment numbers are inflated to be ridiculous.

Right now, in The People's Republic of Indianastan, the unemployment rate is 2.2%.

Of that 2.2% you'd have to believe that a big chunk of that is churn. People moving from one job to another. You'd also have to consider how many of them can't pass a drug screen. How many can't work ridiculous hours because they have children and child care is so expensive. You also have to consider that, if you're an employer, maybe nobody wants to work for YOU.

Too many people acting as managers who know nothing about it acting more like failing, cold war era, high school football coaches than managers. That act hasn't worked in a long time. If word gets out that you're a difficult employer, good luck to you.

That's how they make you get used to the pain. I have a feeling we will never see gas under $3 for a least a couple of years. Maybe never again.
I don’t know - it got pretty high during the Iraq stuff but got super low again. Gas is one of those things that really sticks to supply and demand (with a lot of help from devious manipulation from the ME). There are a lot of other things that won’t go down when things recover though.

Global shortage of R-125 refrigerant. Pretty much the story with everything... increasing demand, and not enough plants to make it.

yes a google search confirmed. I was just curious as to the way he presented it, as if it had to do with something "more" than simple supply/demand.

I mean, we phased out r22 ( to be fully phased out by 2023 ) so that, in and of itself, would lead to higher pricing since r410a is now the refrigerant du jour.

Then toss in Chinas rotating lock downs over last 2 years ( and still going ), shipping costs and logistics and viola - here we are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom