Karate Kid Sequel (14 Viewers)

Just finished episode 9. Very good season. Everything I expected thus far has happened and I am oh so happy that it did. On to the season finale.

The one unexpected thing I truly enjoyed...

Kreese's backstory. Very interesting take on how he came to be the man he is.

ETA: Holy sheet, that finale was awesome.

But it probably means the 4th season will be the last.

I heard the show is planned for 6 seasons

One of the suck things about being married is she has a far lower tolerance for binging. I’d be done with this by now but she watches 1 or 2 and is ready to stop and read a book or whatever. Frustrating.

I honestly have to say I’m enjoying the heck out of it, more so than I have anything lately.

I honestly have to say I’m enjoying the heck out of it, more so than I have anything lately.
Cobra Kai and The Mandalorian are perfect examples of how you can be nostalgic, but also present something new in a good way. I remember when I first saw this thread and was like, "nope. No more Karate Kid sequels." I finally checked out the first two seasons after it moved to Netflix, and have completely fallen in love with this show.

i tried to watch again.

to me, it is just boring. it feels like they are trying to take the karate kid series, which i forking love, and make a boring arse documentary of their lives after.

it is a well acted show, i just find it not my kinda speed. it is sooo slow.
You are entitled to your opinion. I just don't get it. Most of the episodes are just a bit over 30 minutes long and usually have lengthy fight scenes. I don't see how that is "slow." I mean, I get if you found it too campy or pandering, but slow and boring? Can't wrap my head around that. I feel like you aren't watching the same show.

I love the show, but I can certainly see it not being for everyone. It gets a little campy and over the top at times. The teenage scenes and relationships sometimes feel like Saved by the Bell. When they are following some of the plots not directly related to Johnny I do find myself wondering what’s for dinner or how much wood a wood chuck... you get the point.

It’s not like when I find someone who doesn’t like Mandalorian or something. Those people are a danger to society.

I love the show, but I can certainly see it not being for everyone. It gets a little campy and over the top at times. The teenage scenes and relationships sometimes feel like Saved by the Bell. When they are following some of the plots not directly related to Johnny I do find myself wondering what’s for dinner or how much wood a wood chuck... you get the point.

It’s not like when I find someone who doesn’t like Mandalorian or something. Those people are a danger to society.
Yeah. Like you said, I get the criticism that it's too campy or that there is too much teenage drama. But, just to say it's boring? Does not compute.

You are entitled to your opinion. I just don't get it. Most of the episodes are just a bit over 30 minutes long and usually have lengthy fight scenes. I don't see how that is "slow." I mean, I get if you found it too campy or pandering, but slow and boring? Can't wrap my head around that. I feel like you aren't watching the same show.
this where you can tell people have different tastes. i dunno, it just isn't me. love everything about it, just not my kinda show. i want to love it so badly, but i can't.

i'm also add, bipolar, whatever else. hard to hold my attention.

not to be contradictory, i can't truly complain about what i have seen.

I'm sure it has been mentioned, but I like how they brought up all the stuff fans talk about like the illegal kick and Daniel bring the real bully, etc. kudos to the writers for bringing up.multiple things like that..

I'm half way through it. My wife crashed for the night, so we will probably need another day or two to finish.

One point from episode 2 or 3 maybe?

I don't know how far they'll take this yet, but I really don't want for Kreese to have been bullied and have some sob story. I don't want to like him. I don't want to like him.

Why would this make you like them? Decisions were still made to be an awful human being.

Why would this make you like them? Decisions were still made to be an awful human being.
I can agree with this. Despite getting some backstory on Kreese, my sympathy for him is pretty low. That dude has had decades to realize he was a piece of work but still chooses to be one. It's a contrast to Eli/Hawk's story. He was born with a deformity. It wasn't anything he could control. He got bullied for it. He was well on the way to becoming another Kreese, but he chose to be better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom