Karate Kid Sequel (12 Viewers)

Just finished episode 9. Very good season. Everything I expected thus far has happened and I am oh so happy that it did. On to the season finale.

The one unexpected thing I truly enjoyed...

Kreese's backstory. Very interesting take on how he came to be the man he is.

ETA: Holy sheet, that finale was awesome.

But it probably means the 4th season will be the last.

Last edited:
Just finished episode 9. Very good season. Everything I expected thus far has happened and I am oh so happy that it did. On to the season finale.

The one unexpected thing I truly enjoyed...

Kreese's backstory. Very interesting take on how he came to be the man he is.

ETA: Holy sheet, that finale was awesome.

But it probably means the 4th season will be the last.
I'm quite ok with season 4 being the last. The best shows usually have a 4-5 season plan, then are done. While, I would hate for this show to go, it's earned it's right to go out on its own terms.

I'm quite ok with season 4 being the last. The best shows usually have a 4-5 season plan, then are done. While, I would hate for this show to go, it's earned it's right to go out on its own terms.
Agreed. I hope it’ll be the last season. Go out while you’re on top.

So what was better? Daniel kicking Kreese's arse or Johnny kicking his arse? Like said earlier Johnny has 30 years of anger pinned up inside him.

Both were satisfying. As was Hawk's turn.
I actually could’ve done without Hawk’s turn. He’s a strong, believable villain. Heading into season 4, Kreese only has Robby and perhaps the leftovers who lost the big fight in episode 10. Robby’s arc didn’t seem to intersect enough with the main storyline of season 3 (especially as it relates to the other teenage characters). Keeping Hawk with Kreese would’ve balanced the two sides a bit more.

So what was better? Daniel kicking Kreese's arse or Johnny kicking his arse? Like said earlier Johnny has 30 years of anger pinned up inside him.

For me it was Daniel. Kreese was really the source of Daniel's torment in 1 and 3, and he never got to get Kreese back. Johnny stuck it to him by calling him out at the beginning of 2. That stung for Kreese. Nothing Daniel ever did directly ever stung him. I mean yeah, winning the tournament was tough, but what matters to Kreese is what is done directly to him. This was Daniel beating him directly, and that felt as satisfying as watching Luke in the Mando season finale.

For me it was Daniel. Kreese was really the source of Daniel's torment in 1 and 3, and he never got to get Kreese back. Johnny stuck it to him by calling him out at the beginning of 2. That stung for Kreese. Nothing Daniel ever did directly ever stung him. I mean yeah, winning the tournament was tough, but what matters to Kreese is what is done directly to him. This was Daniel beating him directly, and that felt as satisfying as watching Luke in the Mando season finale.
Driving him through that window pane got a big "OH SHEET!!!" out of me. Luckily it wasn't too late in the evening.

ETA: Also...

Good storyline with Ali. You knew she wasn't in the show's long-term plans, so how they handled her and her relationship with Johnny (especially after learning about Carmen) was done really well.

Last edited:
I really liked how they incorporated Kumiko and Chozen also

I really liked how they incorporated Kumiko and Chozen also

It was nice seeing the little girl from the bell tower all grown up. Nice way to go full circle with why Daniel was in Okinawa.

ETA: I think I like the Inline Spoiler tag better. :melike:

I'm half way through it. My wife crashed for the night, so we will probably need another day or two to finish.

One point from episode 2 or 3 maybe?

I don't know how far they'll take this yet, but I really don't want for Kreese to have been bullied and have some sob story. I don't want to like him. I don't want to like him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom