Least Favorite Foods? (1 Viewer)

This is so funny to me. It DOES taste like earth but I have an obsession with truffles! I want them on everything. Sometimes I'll uncap a jar just to smell them.

I was having a hard time finding them during lockdown and I contemplated stealing a teeny tiny jar from Whole Foods. They were $45 (I don't love them THAT much).

I decided against it, but I did linger on the aisle and glance back longingly before tearing myself away.
Ooh dirty truffle flavor is awesome. I brought some jarred truffles in oil from Italy that were spectacular. Let’s go in on a pound of fresh white truffle in November.
We are friends again. ❤️

I don't get the peppery taste they claim. It's all lies! A spicy piece of asphalt is what it is. Masquerading as salad-appropriate.
Crazy talk. Arugula is awesome. Do you not like pepper?
I don’t think we can be friends.

I've already mentioned my chitterlings hate in another thread. That will remain #1 even though it has never and will never pass through my lips. But another fightin' food for me is Arugula greens.

Salads that contain this evil, rubbery tasting leaf should come with a warning like things that contain soy or wheat.

But every single time - I forget what "mixed greens" really mean and when the plate is sat before me... With the distinct shape of an Arugula leaf staring back into my horrified eyes, I curse on the inside.

I hate it bruh. So much. Sometimes I google "I hate Arugula" just to calm down. To reassure myself that I am not alone in my ire. I read the delightful rants of other Arugula Haters and I wonder if we could band together and have it removed from the "mixed greens" list.

I REBUKE you - you pitiful, burnt tasting, tar smelling, sorry excuse of a plant.

Also fish. The fried codfish square from Luby's was the exception (RIP). I don't like how fish usually tastes of the water from whence it came.
I'm lukewarm on Arugula. Sometimes I like it, sometimes it's too bitter. But I just can't stomach kale. I've tried.... but I can't. It's too tough crunchy and doesn't have enough flavor to overcome the unpleasant texture.

I'm lukewarm on Arugula. Sometimes I like it, sometimes it's too bitter. But I just can't stomach kale. I've tried.... but I can't. It's too tough crunchy and doesn't have enough flavor to overcome the unpleasant texture.
Listen, man... You're either with us or against us. We need allies in this Rage Against Arugula.

https://stylecaster.com/arugula-tastes-bad /

I want to do an exercise with you. I want you to think about textures you enjoy in the foods you eat. I’m sure you’ll argue that it’s up to context—a solid crunch in some foods might be refreshing, while in others might be a source of alarm, and likewise for softness or chewiness. And you’d be right. But I would argue that each of these mouthfeels at least has a place somewhere on the broad spectrum of food conversation. By contrast, one texture that literally nobody on the face of this planet has ever wanted is “the feeling of a leaf grappling with its own demise all the way down your throat.” A more concise descriptor would be “grabbiness.” A less concise, again, synonym would be “shirty scratchy garbage feel.” This is the sensation that arugula brings to the table and why I will not rest until it is expunged from the pantheon of acceptable salad bases.

red onions. fork red onions. seriously, fork red onions with a needle.

Ooh dirty truffle flavor is awesome. I brought some jarred truffles in oil from Italy that were spectacular. Let’s go in on a pound of fresh white truffle in November.
We are friends again. ❤️
no kidding. fan-forking-tastic

red onions. fork red onions. seriously, fork red onions with a needle.
I agree. I like the occasional hamburger. Most of the places where I live have gone to red onions and romaine lettuce. it may be more visually appealing ,but i prefer my burger with white onions and iceburg lettuce. You can add romaine lettuce to my list. I find it bitter with no flavor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom