Lego building as a hobby (1 Viewer)

The kids and I went to Target Friday evening and ended up in the toy section. I didn't realize how many nice Lego sets they had these days. Saw this one of the shelf:

Very nice one!

The kids and I went to Target Friday evening and ended up in the toy section. I didn't realize how many nice Lego sets they had these days. Saw this one of the shelf:

Very nice one!

One of my favorite kits. I pretty much keep it in robot form but man it really does kick butt in vehicle mode as well.

I'm on a Star Wars binge. Just finished the UCS Sandcrawler, probably my favorite build so far. Some fascinating techniques and designs and I love that it's actually a playable set. The tops are easy to remove and sides easily open for access. It wasn't a cheap set, especially considering it's been retired for a while now. No regrets.

The Falcon was also a ton of fun and will be a great display set. It's not really playable so that's the only down side. It looks amazing tho. I really, really want the Death Star 10188. It's the playable one. The display only one looks nice, but I don't really care for that. I love building, but playability is also important to me.

20240331_234200.jpg

20240223_212751.jpg

Last edited:
I'll just add, the Sandcrawler was manufactured during the brittle brown phase, so I'm curious to see how long the parts last. From what I understand, Lego is pretty good about replacing broken or missing parts. It seems pretty solid so far, but I hear the larger plates break really easily. I'm pretty shocked I didn't break a single piece.
l'm on a Star Wars binge. Just finished the UCS Sandcrawler, probably my favorite build so far. Some fascinating techniques and designs and I love that it's actually a playable set. The tops are easy to remove and sides easily open for access. It wasn't a cheap set, especially considering it's been retired for a while now. No regrets.

The Falcon was also a ton of fun and will be a great display set. It's not really playable so that's the only down side. It looks amazing tho. I really, really want the Death Star 10188. It's the playable one. The display only one looks nice, but I don't really care for that. I love building, but playability is also important to me.

20240331_234200.jpg

20240223_212751.jpg

I haven't done Lego in years, but I was thinking about some table top games I played when I was younger and if they did a Lego Battletech series, I would definitely buy them

I did some reorganizing my home office and decided to start a Star Wars display for all of my smaller sets. I'm debating what to get next, lol. Maybe do something Ahsoka related, like the Ghost & Phantom set.

20240417_083731.jpg

Screenshot_20240417-085612_LEGO Builder.jpg

Starting today there are 5 sets that are 4x VIP points. And Ghost & Phantom is $30 off the normal price, so $130 instead of the usual $160. Gift with purchase for SW sets starts tomorrow and runs thru May 5th.

Edit: word of warning, those GWPs almost certainly will run out before the promotion period ends. Speculation is that, especially online, might run out within 12 hours. I'm gonna make my purchases as soon as the clock starts late tonight. I'd rather do online than deal with the rush at the store.

I'm definitely doing the 4x points for these sets, but will wait til tomorrow to get the GWPs.

Screenshot_20240429_150558.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone tried, but purchasing on lego.com was a trainwreck at midnight EST this morning. Took me 20 minutes in the queue before I could even get on the site. Then another 30 minutes before I could complete my purchase.

Not sure if anyone tried, but purchasing on lego.com was a trainwreck at midnight EST this morning. Took me 20 minutes in the queue before I could even get on the site. Then another 30 minutes before I could complete my purchase.
Same here. Everybody and their momma was on last night. And about the same. 40 minutes from start to finish. But worth it to get the GWPs and the sets I want before they get backordered. Spent more than I wanted to, but the 4x deals for the handful of sets was can't pass for me. Also picked up the Ghost set with the $30 discount. That slowed my order a bit because I had to go off of the checkout page to get the discount code and it took a bit to get back in, put in the code and make sure I had 1 set for each I wanted. It doubled up everything at one point, lol.

I heard they have issues with big sales days like this, so it sorta comes with the territory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom