Lego building as a hobby (1 Viewer)

Would love something like this down the road. Bought a couple of modular building sets this week. They're retired sets, so my wallet is killing me, lol.

So...apparently Cousins is one of us. Not sure how I feel about that. :hihi:

I’ve always liked Cousins,,, as long as he’s not our QB. 🤪

I received this for Christmas and had fun putting it together. While not the same as the model stuff I do, I enjoy Legos and build stuff with the kids regularly. I have several "more advanced" Lego kits I've assembled. What's great for me is that I don't have to go to the workbench. I can place a small table on my lap and build while MBR and I are watching something.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 8.35.37 AM.jpg

While I do have small and mid sized Star Wars sets, I eventually want to get some of the UCS sets, most likely the Millennium Falcon and maybe the AT-AT. The Interceptor and Fang fighter on the left I completed a couple of weeks ago and they are part of one set.

I'm kinda torn tho. I'm really loving building modular sets. Actually in the middle of building Assembly Square (second pic below). It's such a fun build.

20240122_150213.jpg

20240122_142934.jpg

While I do have small and mid sized Star Wars sets, I eventually want to get some of the UCS sets, most likely the Millennium Falcon and maybe the AT-AT. The Interceptor and Fang fighter on the left I completed a couple of weeks ago and they are part of one set.

I'm kinda torn tho. I'm really loving building modular sets. Actually in the middle of building Assembly Square (second pic below). It's such a fun build.

20240122_150213.jpg

20240122_142934.jpg

Just a heads up. The UCS Millennium Falcon, Razor Crest, and Venator Republic Cruiser are scheduled to be retired NEXT year. So you do have some runway to make up your mind.

I will say that the UCS Millennium Falcon is BY FAR, the best Lego set I've ever done.

Just a heads up. The UCS Millennium Falcon, Razor Crest, and Venator Republic Cruiser are scheduled to be retired NEXT year. So you do have some runway to make up your mind.

I will say that the UCS Millennium Falcon is BY FAR, the best Lego set I've ever done.
Yeah, great point. I've heard rumblings of all of the Star Wars sets, big and small are retiring next year. I have close to enough American Express points plus Lego insider points to cover most of the MF set. I might pull the trigger this summer. I don't expect there will be any discounts on those high end sets. I really wish I had gotten the Razor Crest when it was under $400 when on sale last November. Grrr.

I'm actually tempted to buy something right now because Lego has a 2x points offer going until the 24th. I know they do those a few times a year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom