Loki Disney Plus - Trailer (3 Viewers)

A timeline where Loki hit himself with gamma rays to try and get payback against the Hulk? The key thing though is it's not linear. The variant may be from birth (born a woman) and the branch happens immediately. Other variants may come from choices, like my initial point.
But let’s say our Loki is a tomato plant - it doesn’t matter how early a variation happen; if it produces a bell pepper, it comes from a different plant

But let’s say our Loki is a tomato plant - it doesn’t matter how early a variation happen; if it produces a bell pepper, it comes from a different plant

Not in the MCU. Tomato Plant Loki isn't supposed to be a Tomato Plant so the moment he sprouts from his little Frost Giant Tomato Plant pappy he's a sweet juicy variant that creates a branch from the STL.

But a variant on our timeline would still look like Loki
why would branching a variant timeline turn him into a Hulk Loki or any of the other very different Lokis?
I
but this Loki did not create a variant except for this one the show focuses on
he didn't in the past (or Mobius would have mentioned it) and in the future he's dead
i 'suppose' he could be creating all sorts of variants starting now
but all the different Lokis they showed him seemed to be from different timelines, no?
So, here's a question that might be a bit bigger.

We already know about the dark dimension. The Ancient One already talks about multiple dimensions. I forgot how she stated it in Endgame when talking about the timeline branch being an alternate reality. We know there is a sacred timeline and the TVA does their best to prune it and keep it singular.

So, the question.

Do multiple dimensions all operate on the same timeline? I.e. is the timeline, and split realities,.different than a 'normal dimension.

Does a split in the timeline create new dimensions or alternate versions of that dimension.

Like, are they splitting that hair?

I

We already know about the dark dimension. The Ancient One already talks about multiple dimensions. I forgot how she stated it in Endgame when talking about the timeline branch being an alternate reality. We know there is a sacred timeline and the TVA does their best to prune it and keep it singular.

So, the question.

Do multiple dimensions all operate on the same timeline? I.e. is the timeline, and split realities,.different than a 'normal dimension.

Does a split in the timeline create new dimensions or alternate versions of that dimension.

so TIME is the overall controlling force - like it's a river that everything proceeds down uniformly and branches are rivulets that the TVA quickly dams and drains?

i think my question would still hold that a branch timeline wouldn't alter the dna of a variant (at least that has not been hinted at in any way i can remember)
i think for that to work the infinity stones would be interdependent on the time stone, but we've seen them all work independently

i think we have to understand that, from what we've seen, the 'sacred timeline' is propaganda

I

So, the question.

From what I can remember and think of, there are multiple dimensions within the sacred timeline. But there are what I guess can be described as meta-events that can branch off of the sacred timeline. When the Ancient One talks to Banner/Hulk, she tells him that not returning the stones back to their proper place in time can cause a splitting off of the sacred timeline which would result in a multiverse. So, to me, multiple timelines and multiple dimensions are distinctly different subjects.

so TIME is the overall controlling force - like it's a river that everything proceeds down uniformly and branches are rivulets that the TVA quickly dams and drains?

i think my question would still hold that a branch timeline wouldn't alter the dna of a variant (at least that has not been hinted at in any way i can remember)
i think for that to work the infinity stones would be interdependent on the time stone, but we've seen them all work independently

i think we have to understand that, from what we've seen, the 'sacred timeline' is propaganda
My point is that they could be from another dimension, in that same timeline.

The TVA would represent the timeline for all dimensions.

Of course, all of the examples seems to be the earth 616 dimension.

From what I can remember and think of, there are multiple dimensions within the sacred timeline. But there are what I guess can be described as meta-events that can branch off of the sacred timeline. When the Ancient One talks to Banner/Hulk, she tells him that not returning the stones back to their proper place in time can cause a splitting off of the sacred timeline which would result in a multiverse. So, to me, multiple timelines and multiple dimensions are distinctly different subjects.
The Ancient One said specifically that the infinity stones "create what you experience as the flow of time." And said that if you remove one stone, that flow splits. Banner proposed returning the stone at the point it was taken so it was never gone, thus avoiding the split.

That's slightly confusing, because if the infinity stones create the flow of time, how can it still be experienced if one is removed and not brought back? But it makes sense that if you came from the future, took one stone away, and didn't bring it back, you would necessarily have created two timelines. From the TVA point of view, that would presumably create a Nexus event.

Regarding dimensions, in Doctor Strange, the Mirror Dimension presumably does share the real world's timeline because it is inherently connected to it. But it's stated that Dormammu "dwells in the Dark Dimension, beyond time". Can't have a timeline if you're outside time. (Doctor Strange brings time from his dimension to the Dark Dimension in order to use that to trap him and Dormammu in the time loop, using the Eye of Agamotto/time stone.)

So that implies that if you have a branch in time and two unique timelines, it would be different Mirror Dimensions for each, but still be just the one Dark Dimension for both timelines, because that's outside time and hence outside the split. And the TVA can't represent the timeline for the Dark Dimension, because it doesn't have one.

But there's still a distinction there between the Dark Dimension and the TVA's home (for example), in that Doctor Strange was able to use the Eye of Agamotto/time stone in the Dark Dimension, but infinity stones don't work in the TVA's base, which implies a connection between the Dark Dimension and the reality Doctor Strange traveled from that doesn't apply to the home of the TVA, which could be a unique connection (it's a unique Dark Dimension for that timeline), or not (the infinity stones from any unique timeline might work in the one and only Dark Dimension).

So maybe it's one multiverse, potentially containing multiple unique timelines but currently (from our POV) constrained to one by the TVA, and also containing an infinity of other universe/dimensions, which may or may not be independent of said timeline(s).

But in conclusion, I don't know.

The Ancient One said specifically that the infinity stones "create what you experience as the flow of time." And said that if you remove one stone, that flow splits. Banner proposed returning the stone at the point it was taken so it was never gone, thus avoiding the split.

That's slightly confusing, because if the infinity stones create the flow of time, how can it still be experienced if one is removed and not brought back? But it makes sense that if you came from the future, took one stone away, and didn't bring it back, you would necessarily have created two timelines. From the TVA point of view, that would presumably create a Nexus event.

Regarding dimensions, in Doctor Strange, the Mirror Dimension presumably does share the real world's timeline because it is inherently connected to it. But it's stated that Dormammu "dwells in the Dark Dimension, beyond time". Can't have a timeline if you're outside time. (Doctor Strange brings time from his dimension to the Dark Dimension in order to use that to trap him and Dormammu in the time loop, using the Eye of Agamotto/time stone.)

So that implies that if you have a branch in time and two unique timelines, it would be different Mirror Dimensions for each, but still be just the one Dark Dimension for both timelines, because that's outside time and hence outside the split. And the TVA can't represent the timeline for the Dark Dimension, because it doesn't have one.

But there's still a distinction there between the Dark Dimension and the TVA's home (for example), in that Doctor Strange was able to use the Eye of Agamotto/time stone in the Dark Dimension, but infinity stones don't work in the TVA's base, which implies a connection between the Dark Dimension and the reality Doctor Strange traveled from that doesn't apply to the home of the TVA, which could be a unique connection (it's a unique Dark Dimension for that timeline), or not (the infinity stones from any unique timeline might work in the one and only Dark Dimension).

So maybe it's one multiverse, potentially containing multiple unique timelines but currently (from our POV) constrained to one by the TVA, and also containing an infinity of other universe/dimensions, which may or may not be independent of said timeline(s).

I share your conclusion. I don't know either, heh. I'm really curious to see if that's somewhat resolved in Loki, or if we'll get a more full explanation in Multiverse of Madness.

Good stuff
At this point I think it’s safest to assume the TVA is an unreliable narrator

Good stuff
At this point I think it’s safest to assume the TVA is an unreliable narrator

I think it's a safer assumption that they hadn't written the new Loki series yet and didn't have it all fleshed out. As much as people tend to think this stuff is all thought through it usually isn't. Someone came up with a cool concept for Loki and they decided to ignore a previous explanation for how time works. Some things from this series conflict somewhat with Antman as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom