Loki Disney Plus - Trailer (2 Viewers)

Good episode, but the plot didn’t move forward as much as I thought it would. Also the shortest episode so far. I thought we’d get to know more about Lady Loki (officially known as Sylvie now), but we got some good Loki moments. Talking about his mom, singing in Asgardian, replicating Thor’s “ANOTHER!” They did drop a couple important tidbits, though; Loki is confirmed as bisexual (which was a huge deal on the internet this morning). And more importantly to the overall story, the TVA agents weren’t created by the Time Keepers. They’re all Variants that were repurposed.

Supposedly, episodes 4 and 5 take the show in “unexpected directions.” Looking forward to the home stretch.

I read a fan theory on Redditt that the TVA workers could be variants that have been reprogramed to work for the TVA and this is why Hunter C-20 was saying "it's real, it's real" and "I want to go home". It would also explain why they go to "court" maybe they see if they are "TVA Material" and can be used.

It could be why Mobious is interested in jet-ski's, maybe he's just a dude that wandered out of his own timeline in the 90's and he still vaguely remembers jet skis under all of his TVA propaganda that he's been subject too.
Fan theory on Reddit checking out!

I enjoyed that episode. Maybe slow in terms of the overall plot, but it was well done I thought. Also, anyone else getting some Richard E. Grant in Withnail & I vibes from Loki?

And a classic cliffhanger episode too. if anyone's got any ideas how they're going to get out of this one, do share, I've got nothing.

Fan theory on Reddit checking out!

I enjoyed that episode. Maybe slow in terms of the overall plot, but it was well done I thought. Also, anyone else getting some Richard E. Grant in Withnail & I vibes from Loki?

And a classic cliffhanger episode too. if anyone's got any ideas how they're going to get out of this one, do share, I've got nothing.

well to pull from Reddit again they are saying everything after Sylvia tried to mind control Loki is actually Loki using her power against her and he’s projecting the apocalypse in her mind to make her think all is lost so she tells more about herself and what her plans were. As proof They pointed out Loki stopping the building from falling on them when he hasnt really been that powerful so far in the movies and series. I think it might be a little far fetched but don’t really see any other way they manage to get out of there that isn’t Mobious showing up an rescuing them or something lame like that.

Anyway. I’m looking forward to next week to find out!

well to pull from Reddit again they are saying everything after Sylvia tried to mind control Loki is actually Loki using her power against her and he’s projecting the apocalypse in her mind to make her think all is lost so she tells more about herself and what her plans were. As proof They pointed out Loki stopping the building from falling on them when he hasnt really been that powerful so far in the movies and series. I think it might be a little far fetched but don’t really see any other way they manage to get out of there that isn’t Mobious showing up an rescuing them or something lame like that.

The only problem with that theory is they were already in the apocalypse when she tried to control him. But, he could be manipulating her after the fact. I, too, was surprised when he showed that much power after being thrown bodily from a train.

That does address some of the niggling questions

Damn! Damn! Damn! I was up at 1:30 this morning and couldn't back to sleep because the the noisy b***** above me the moves furniture and stomps around the apartment with tile floors with no insulation between floors. It sounds like a heard of elephants every 2-3 nights. I finally got a little of semi sleep between 5-6:30. What makes me almost as mad is that I forgot that Disney changed the release date of their series from friday to wednesday. I could have watched it at 1:30 this morning and had a drink and likely would have gotten at least another hour of sleep!

ok, so I had suspicions when the out of focus bartender was looking right at them and then eventually brought drinks (and Loki drank both)
but the Sylvie fell asleep
something amiss from the on
too easy throwing Loki out the window when he was handling them
the broken machine
him all of a sudden not having the variant jacket
and then all the town stuff
oh, and the ‘I’m walking too much, why don’t you enchant me’ stuff

I liked the episode, but I also came away feeling like I missed a lot. Maybe I need to rewatch. Loki did have some funny moments. The interaction betweenhim and Sylvie is pretty great. But I just felt a little disconnected with where they were headed. Idk.

Between the random powers and the exposition time spent on enchantment, I’m think Loki is in her head.
Edit: I feel like Loki even made a comment about enchantment being child’s play or something along those lines in a previous episode

Maybe I need to watch it again but it looked to me like Loki didn't even touch the thing that was falling, that he stopped it using the force and pushed it back up. Did it look like that to anyone else?

Maybe I need to watch it again but it looked to me like Loki didn't even touch the thing that was falling, that he stopped it using the force and pushed it back up. Did it look like that to anyone else?
Yes, looked like that to me too. Thing is, Loki does have a bunch of powers, including telekinesis.

I don't think he's done anything on the scale of halting a falling building (or whatever it was) in mid-air before though. But it's hard to know what's just an inconsistent portrayal of a "he can do this, he just prefers not to/he can only do it in extreme situations/etc." nature, the kind you always get in long-running things with characters in different stories with different writers, and what's "he can't do this normally so you know something else is going on".

Between the random powers and the exposition time spent on enchantment, I’m think Loki is in her head.
Edit: I feel like Loki even made a comment about enchantment being child’s play or something along those lines in a previous episode
He said it was a "clever trick, cowardly, a bit amateur-ish, but clever".

I think when you combine everything, Loki being in her head does seem most likely. He does seem to be playing the goof a fair bit, which would make sense if he's manipulating her.

And apart from anything else, I still can't think of any other way they get out of it that isn't a lame Deus ex machina.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom