Loki Disney Plus - Trailer (4 Viewers)

What's the story with alligator Loki? I might know it and never made the connection, but it's not ringing any bells for me.
I don't think there's any established story with an alligator Loki, I think that's new.

There was frog Thor in the comics after Loki turned him into one:

thor-frog-1.jpg

That was mentioned in the films (Thor: Ragnarok), and the story in the comics did involve alligators (frog Thor lures them out of the sewers with a magic pipe to help the frogs in their battle against the rats), but none of the alligators were actually Loki, they were just alligators.

So as far as I know, I think alligator Loki is just a new variant, showing us that 'variant' covers a lot of ground. But hopefully we'll hear what alligator Loki has to say for themself next episode.

That was mentioned in the films (Thor: Ragnarok), and the story in the comics did involve alligators (frog Thor lures them out of the sewers with a magic pipe to help the frogs in their battle against the rats), but none of the alligators were actually Loki, they were just alligators.

So as far as I know, I think alligator Loki is just a new variant, showing us that 'variant' covers a lot of ground. But hopefully we'll hear what alligator Loki has to say for themself next episode.

If NOTHING else, the credits scene tees up Spider-Man: No Way Home and the rumored/presumed involvement of Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Men and assorted versions of established villains. Variants that look and act wildly different existing in the same time/place.

I’d love to get Kang as the guy behind the TVA and him using Revonna and the TVA to control/conquer timelines. It would be infinitely more possible than Mephisto, too, because they already cast Jonathan Majors for the role for Ant Man 3 several months ago. But like Wandavision, I don’t know if they’ll reveal such a major character on a TV show with an episode or two left.

Lastly, my theory on pruning and how we still have Loki/might get back Mobius is that it doesn’t annihilate someone, it’s more a teleporter. Maybe how the TVA gets/prepares Variants to become agents. Maybe. Because I don’t think there’s any way the show is done with Owen Wilson or his arc with roughly two hours to go.

Last edited:
My friend’s “shower thought” theory is all the TVA agents are “domesticated” comic characters.

Lastly, my theory on pruning and how we still have Loki/might get back Mobius is that it doesn’t annihilate someone, it’s more a teleporter. Maybe how the TVA gets/prepares Variants to become agents. Maybe. Because I don’t think there’s any way the show is done with Owen Wilson or his arc with roughly two hours to go.
I agree, it looks like instead of disintegrating someone, pruning just transports them into an alternate timeline. I'd think it's more likely it's one the TVA just use as a dumping ground though, rather than any kind of preparation thing. Looked like a wrecked NYC to me.

Presumably everyone who's been pruned is stuck there, including Mobius. Plus the various TVA hunters and that random guy from episode one who didn't have his ticket.

How Loki and Sylvie caused a Nexus event on Lamentis seems important. It should have been impossible because of the whole apocalypse, everyone and everything around them being destroyed, no timeline branching possible thing.

The obvious explanation is it's a fairly lame plot device (in a "actually you can create a nexus event during an apocalypse if <insert arbitrary criteria here>, and that's how they escaped" kind of way), but I don't think it's that, partly because I don't think Marvel are that lazy, but mainly because it's been given a load of significance, both in the episode (the TVA trying to work out what the nexus spike was, Mobius saying that connection could "bring the whole place down"), and by the episode being called, "The Nexus Event."

So... how did they create a nexus event despite being about to be squished by an entire planet?

How Loki and Sylvie caused a Nexus event on Lamentis seems important. It should have been impossible because of the whole apocalypse, everyone and everything around them being destroyed, no timeline branching possible thing.

The obvious explanation is it's a fairly lame plot device (in a "actually you can create a nexus event during an apocalypse if <insert arbitrary criteria here>, and that's how they escaped" kind of way), but I don't think it's that, partly because I don't think Marvel are that lazy, but mainly because it's been given a load of significance, both in the episode (the TVA trying to work out what the nexus spike was, Mobius saying that connection could "bring the whole place down"), and by the episode being called, "The Nexus Event."

So... how did they create a nexus event despite being about to be squished by an entire planet?
I think it's as simple as what Mobius said, Loki falling for a variant version of himself created the nexus event. And Loki was about to tell Sylvie how he felt about her and right before he got the words out, he said he's never felt that way before so that tells me that he's not supposed to fall in love with ANYONE so falling for his variant might be the actual cause and whoever he fell for doesn't really matter.

Loki and Sylvie "fell in love." Whether that means romantic love, or some kind of meta self-actualization and acceptance, or just two Lokis actually caring about someone else, it was enough to trigger the alarms. Which, them doing that would be more significant than Sylvie hiding, living a day-to-day life at Roxxcart waiting for the apocalypse. And Mobius did say that the sensitivity of their monitoring was turned all the way up at that point, as they were looking for them.

Maybe the Nexus event started happening because Loki and/or Sylvie are not supposed to die and their death would cause a massively destructive event for the multiverse.

I think it's as simple as what Mobius said, Loki falling for a variant version of himself created the nexus event. And Loki was about to tell Sylvie how he felt about her and right before he got the words out, he said he's never felt that way before so that tells me that he's not supposed to fall in love with ANYONE so falling for his variant might be the actual cause and whoever he fell for doesn't really matter.

Loki and Sylvie "fell in love." Whether that means romantic love, or some kind of meta self-actualization and acceptance, or just two Lokis actually caring about someone else, it was enough to trigger the alarms. Which, them doing that would be more significant than Sylvie hiding, living a day-to-day life at Roxxcart waiting for the apocalypse. And Mobius did say that the sensitivity of their monitoring was turned all the way up at that point, as they were looking for them.
I don't think the sensitivity of the monitoring is relevant, because while Mobius did say it was magnified so it would set off alarms "if somebody steps on the wrong leaf," when it actually happened, he said it wasn't someone stepping on the wrong leaf and that they'd never seen a branch like that.

But the main problem with that theory is that it doesn't actually get around the apocalypse problem. If Loki 'fell in love', it shouldn't matter. The timeline would remain exactly the same. A Loki in love crushed by an entire planet has exactly the same impact on the continuing timeline of that reality as a Loki not in love crushed by an entire planet does, that is, none at all. That's what allows the whole 'hiding out in apocalypses' thing in the first place.

So that in itself doesn't really cut it IMO. The only way that should be able to create a timeline branch is if what happened meant Loki wouldn't die where previously he would, which would then have meant he had a continuing effect on that timeline, thus allowing the creation of a branch.

Maybe the Nexus event started happening because Loki and/or Sylvie are not supposed to die and their death would cause a massively destructive event for the multiverse.
But that's an interesting thought! From the point of view of that reality, I don't think it would be that, because the Loki and Sylvie on Lamentis aren't that reality's Loki, he's already dead, so their dying there should be irrelevant. But if the TVA's 'sacred timeline' encompasses multiple timelines (which it appears to, to at least some extent, with (e.g.) Steve Rogers living an alternate life out), then perhaps?

It could also just be that the sacred timeline, nexus event, things are much more arbitrary than we've been led to believe.

Or it could be that I'm overthinking this. Definitely that one.

im seeing it as some matter/anti-matter thing
2 same but different variants form an emotional bond - seemingly never happened before and powerful enough chaos to wobble timelines

No one is addressing the tweebadoc in the room...who is this "Alvin?" that young Sylvie sees being manhandled by the TVA at the beginning of the episode? He's wearing jeans and a t-shirt, which implies that he is a mortal. Does this mean that Sylvie had a different life on Earth? As a mortal? As a Loki?
Also, finding Sylvie and Loki during an apocalyptic event, which shouldn't trigger a Nexus event, may have been on purpose. Maybe whoever is actually behind the TVA made it seem as a Nexus event so that the agents would pull them out of there. The Time Keepers wanted to see them personally, which means whoever is running the TVA wanted them to meet and possibly discover that the Time Keepers were puppets. This leads to a theory that Loki is behind the TVA and is hunting down all the Loki variants and placing them in an alternate NYC (notice the destroyed Avengers Tower in the background) for some reason.
With two more episodes left, we are either going to wrap this up quick or have one helluva cliffhanger.

If she prevents that, then IW and EG doesn't happen. Loki isn't killed by Thanos...etc...etc.

There's one big problem though. How does she kill Thor's sister, Hela?

Their actions just open up a different time line, several different time lines creating different universes where these other stories play out?

No one is addressing the tweebadoc in the room...who is this "Alvin?" that young Sylvie sees being manhandled by the TVA at the beginning of the episode? He's wearing jeans and a t-shirt, which implies that he is a mortal. Does this mean that Sylvie had a different life on Earth? As a mortal? As a Loki?
Also, finding Sylvie and Loki during an apocalyptic event, which shouldn't trigger a Nexus event, may have been on purpose. Maybe whoever is actually behind the TVA made it seem as a Nexus event so that the agents would pull them out of there. The Time Keepers wanted to see them personally, which means whoever is running the TVA wanted them to meet and possibly discover that the Time Keepers were puppets. This leads to a theory that Loki is behind the TVA and is hunting down all the Loki variants and placing them in an alternate NYC (notice the destroyed Avengers Tower in the background) for some reason.
With two more episodes left, we are either going to wrap this up quick or have one helluva cliffhanger.
Clearly gods and mortals are both in the TVA- why is that an issue?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom