(long read) Let's talk Jameis Winston's future... while keeping it real. (1 Viewer)

And the exact point that they are at is that no one knows how they will turn out.

Are you saying you know for a fact that Haener is not going to be good? How could you possibly know that?
I said “at this point”…. I mean what are you trying get at? What I said was super easy reading, nothing more, nothing less.
Are you saying that he’s gonna rewrite NFL record books? How could you possibly know that?

I said “at this point”…. I mean what are you trying get at? What I said was super easy reading, nothing more, nothing less.
Are you saying that he’s gonna rewrite NFL record books? How could you possibly know that?
No, I haven't been saying that Haener's going to rewrite NFL record books. I have no idea how Haener's career will turn out, because there's no way to know that ahead of time.

Some people said they thought or hoped that Haener would show enough before the season to make the Saints confident in going into the season with him as the backup, giving the Saints the option of trading Winston if a team made a worthwhile offer.

To me, it seemed like you were saying Haener was going to fail just like the other QB's the Saints drafted that you said Haener was equal to. My apology if I misunderstood what you were saying.

That's why I said that the most accurate statement about Haener is he's an unknown at this time. Your response, to me saying he's an unknown, seemed like you were saying you disagreed that he's unknown and that you think he's not going to be good or successful. My apology again if I misunderstood you.

No, I haven't been saying that Haener's going to rewrite NFL record books. I have no idea how Haener's career will turn out, because there's no way to know that ahead of time.

Some people said they thought or hoped that Haener would show enough before the season to make the Saints confident in going into the season with him as the backup, giving the Saints the option of trading Winston if a team made a worthwhile offer.

To me, it seemed like you were saying Haener was going to fail just like the other QB's the Saints drafted that you said Haener was equal to. My apology if I misunderstood what you were saying.

That's why I said that the most accurate statement about Haener is he's an unknown at this time. Your response, to me saying he's an unknown, seemed like you were saying you disagreed that he's unknown and that you think he's not going to be good or successful. My apology again if I misunderstood you.
No problem

We put too much time discussing our backup qb. He is a serviceable backup and can make a lot of money in that role. If he wants an opportunity to start he’ll have to try in USFL.

We put too much time discussing our backup qb. He is a serviceable backup and can make a lot of money in that role. If he wants an opportunity to start he’ll have to try in USFL.
Yea cause Jameis Winston played lights out under Payton and then played with a broke back and never got a chance to earn his starting position back after he was drugged up to gills....but since he doesn't know his position he should leave the league huh?

5-I5s8-1.png

Yea cause Jameis Winston played lights out under Payton and then played with a broke back and never got a chance to earn his starting position back after he was drugged up to gills....but since he doesn't know his position he should leave the league huh?

5-I5s8-1.png
I hope the best for him. There are a lot of teams that needs a qb that passed on him. Being a back up NFL is a good role and something most of the population could never do, it’s not a knock on him. It’s my opinion based on watching him play that he is not an NFL starting QB.

He doesn't have it in between the ears.
I'm not saying he's mentally incapable of doing it.

I'm saying that because his whole career is based on being athletically superior and making throws at every level has been easy up until the NFL.

He has QB tunnel vision. He doesn't see the whole field. He plays checkers when he needs to play chess.

I know that feeling becsuse I play checkers and fail at chess.

He doesn't have it in between the ears.
I'm not saying he's mentally incapable of doing it.

I'm saying that because his whole career is based on being athletically superior and making throws at every level has been easy up until the NFL.

He has QB tunnel vision. He doesn't see the whole field. He plays checkers when he needs to play chess.

I know that feeling becsuse I play checkers and fail at chess.
Your first two sentences are contradictory… any way you spin it.

:gosaints:

One thing about JW I noticed is that he appears to be in his own head too much. That comes from being deprogrammed from playing his brand of instinctual football. All people ever did (including CSP to an extent) was tell him that "he was wrong", "makes too many mistakes, we'll fix", and that caused him to second guess himself. After hearing that for long enough, you start to doubt yourself...and I think that's where he is...in the self doubt phase.

He needs to get away from this backup role and go somewhere temporarily where he can play like himself without being micromanaged and kept away from doing what he does best because they're trying to prevent him completely from doing what every QB does now and again (throw INTs), and have some form of success (I say Canada) to build back up that self confidence so he can play instinctual football again.

QB in the NFL is fast paced...there's no time for second guessing.

It’s not a knock on him. It’s my opinion based on watching him play that he is not an NFL starting QB.
*looking for the list of "not an NFL starting QBs" that has led the league in yards, TDs, and a top 3 offense in yards and points*
unimpressed.png

Last edited:
*looking for the list of "not an NFL starting QBs" that has led the league in yards, TDs, and a top 3 offense in yards and points*
unimpressed.png

unimpressed.png
yes and so did Manning. I’m not saying he never had the talent to start. I’m saying right now qb starved teams are not giving him a look, and I can understand why.

unimpressed.png
Manning, but he isn’t NFL starter material either at this time.

JW's predecessor in TB (Josh Freeman) was top 10 in Yards and TDs and lead a top 10 offense in 2012.... He was "not an NFL starting QB"

JW has more arm talent, and had a better supporting cast than Freeman... Outside of that, they are essential the same player, and are on a similar career trajectory.

At some point, one great statistical season becomes an outlier... and he just is who he is.

Good list of some others here:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom