Major Announcement planned for NFL in L.A. (1 Viewer)

Could be the Chargers. They have been talking about moving up there for a couple of seasons now.

I don't ever remember the Chargers talking about moving to LA. I know they are talking about moving to Chula Vista. Which is about 10 miles south from where they currently play.

Chula Vista is pretty much their last option, and there is a Power Plant there that would need to be Destroyed. If that falls apart I could see them returning to their First home, LA. I think it's between The Jags, Vikings,Chargers and maybe still the Saints but I really think the NFL wants to keep the Saints in New Orleans. My Gut says the Jags because they have a short History, are located in a State with 2 other Superbowl Winners and from what I've read they Tarp their Seats so they can still "Sell-Out". I just think they are the Best candidate to Relocate to LA, Overall they have a Winning Franchise Record so I think the rest of LA would take to them too, I just want a NFL Football team ANY.

If the saints leave New Orleans, that would pretty much put the nail in the Coffin for me and im sure many others from returning, i love my professional football, and to see the city lose that Gem that pumps in a half billion a year into the Economy alone would be tragic, the city would definately be on it's last couple of claws after being de-clawed with major companies relocating and finding any way to leave the city while still throwing a little cash here and there to keep people happy and keep tapping into what cheap resources out of New Orleans and paying their Taxes in other cities/states.

The most likely team to move is Jacksonville.

HOWEVER, there is absolutely no incentive for the NFL in general and the team owners in particular to have a team in LA. Right now, the NFL can tell its advertisers that there will be three Sunday daytime games every weekend in LA, which is more exposure for commercials (LA is the second largest media market). With the potential for non-sellouts, companies will be less willing to buy valuable tv time.

A team in LA is horrible for the owners because they can't use LA as leverage when they hold cities hostage to build new, publicly funded stadiums. In otherwords, you can't threaten to move someplace that already has a team.

It seems we never get away from this conversation. I think the only way people would stop talking about this is if the Saints had a contract through 2050 with no out clauses whatsoever. We all know there is no such thing as a contract without an out so I suppose there is nothing that could be done to ever stop this talk. I am at total peace with the situation now because I know that the Saints will never leave under Bobby Jindal's watch. The Saints are a very profitable organization right now. Yes, I realize that they could be more profitablepssibly in L.A., but a team that is struggling will move before we and we aint struggling. Thank God Jindal was elected when he was.

I think that you're dead wrong on that account. The last election should have been Jindal's RE-ELECTION.

Don't misunderstand me. I wish he would have been elected the first time but my point was if he had not been elected at all, then we would probably not have a governor that was so pro-Saints. No doubt he should have been elected the first time.

Don't misunderstand me. I wish he would have been elected the first time but my point was if he had not been elected at all, then we would probably not have a governor that was so pro-Saints. No doubt he should have been elected the first time.

I get your point. I was just being snarky.

Edward P. Roski Jr., a part owner of the Kings and Lakers who has spent several years trying to lure the NFL back to the Los Angeles area, believes his latest concept for a stadium could help finally land a team. On Thursday, Roski will unveil his idea for a stadium in the City of Industry, near the southern intersection of the 57 and 60 freeways some 20 miles east of Los Angeles, said John Semcken, vice president of Majestic Realty, Roski’s real estate company.

Source: YahooSports

In my personal opinion, I don't think Los Angeles deserves another team. They have had 3 teams in Los Angeles and lost all three. Chargers were in Los Angeles at one time, Rams, and Raiders. The people of Los Angeles don't care about having a team, why keep trying.

In my personal opinion, I don't think Los Angeles deserves another team. They have had 3 teams in Los Angeles and lost all three. Chargers were in Los Angeles at one time, Rams, and Raiders. The people of Los Angeles don't care about having a team, why keep trying.

The old Rams had the word's worst fans. They didn't know when to cheer, and would boo their own team for the silliest reason. Tough crowd over there in LaLa Land.

The old Rams had the word's worst fans. They didn't know when to cheer, and would boo their own team for the silliest reason. Tough crowd over there in LaLa Land.

Did you last two guys miss my post?

The Rams sold out games for 40 years, including the 100,000 seat Coliseum.

The Rams played in a horrific baseball only stadium that had an ugly slab of concrete erected to enclose the stadium. It was an awful venue to watch a football game. Despite that, the Rams sold out Anaheim for 15 years before Georgia the ***** ran the franchise into the ground in order to move it back to her hometown (St. Louis) as the City of St. Louis dumped tens of millions of public dollars into her purse as a "bribe".

It's a myth that LA doesn't and won't support the NFL. The Rams led the NFL in attendance for decades.

The reason they left was because of Stadium issues not Fan support, stop hatin' on LA.

Last edited:

The Rams sold out games for 40 years, including the 100,000 seat Coliseum.

The Rams played in a horrific baseball only stadium that had an ugly slab of concrete erected to enclose the stadium. It was an awful venue to watch a football game. Despite that, the Rams sold out Anaheim for 15 years before Georgia the ***** ran the franchise into the ground in order to move it back to her hometown (St. Louis) as the City of St. Louis dumped tens of millions of public dollars into her purse as a "bribe".

It's a myth that LA doesn't and won't support the NFL. The Rams led the NFL in attendance for decades.

The reason they left was because of Stadium issues not Fan support, stop hatin' on LA.

Amen.
I am from LA and have my season ticket money in hand ready. I just can't stand the Raiders anyone but the raiders.

The most likely team to move is Jacksonville.

HOWEVER, there is absolutely no incentive for the NFL in general and the team owners in particular to have a team in LA. Right now, the NFL can tell its advertisers that there will be three Sunday daytime games every weekend in LA, which is more exposure for commercials (LA is the second largest media market). With the potential for non-sellouts, companies will be less willing to buy valuable tv time.

A team in LA is horrible for the owners because they can't use LA as leverage when they hold cities hostage to build new, publicly funded stadiums. In otherwords, you can't threaten to move someplace that already has a team.

I agree with all of this. Three teams in Florida is a bit much; it's saturating the NFL advertising market too much, with Tampa Bay and Miami there as well. Jax makes the most sense in terms of NFL regional team coverage, IMO. Related to that, moving N.O. makes no sense because there would be a void from Houston to east Florida, up to St. Louis, with no NFL team.

And with L.A. being the huge media market it is, I would think it is more profitable in many ways to NOT have a team there, for the reasons you stated. They can pick and choose the best games, and multiple games at that, instead of being limited with blackout and non-compete rules.

The information that I ready is that Attendance was lagging, including only 30,000 for the final game in Anaheim.

Similar things show up with the Raiders move. From 1990 to 1994 the Raiders earned on average $14 million a year from the sale of tickets in Los Angeles. But from 1995 to 2001 in Oakland, the Raiders averaged $23 million per year in ticket sales.

I am sorry for "hatin" on L.A., but it does appear from what I can find that Attendance issues and politics is why Los Angeles doesn't have any teams. It just doesn't make sense for an owner to move his team if they were selling out every game and making good money for ticket sales. How can a team not make it in Los Angeles with all of the corporate dollars in the area, etc.

Now that being said, I do remember the final years of the Rams in Los Angeles when the Saints would play there and I can remember games in which the attendance was not so great. I don't remember the issues surrounding the moves of the Rams and the Raiders.

Revenue is dropping because, in the case of several Los Angeles teams, attendance is declining.

After attendance at Rams games dropped, owner Georgia Frontiere moved the team to St. Louis after the 1994 season.

Attendance drop spurs talk one or both teams may move
Home game attendance for the Southland's two professional football teams is running more than 25 percent below the National Football League average this season, spurring talk once again that one or both of the teams may move.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom