[Merged] Saints Select Clemson DT Bryan Bresee (1 Viewer)

How do you like the Bryan Bresee pick?

• Total voters
Do some research
Did some(Months ago). Still wouldn't have drafted him. My narrative is inline with all the so called experts perception of him, so its not like I made this up out of thin air. I said it before the draft also, so I'm not hypocrite and was always consistent with my opinion on the matter.

This has nothing to do with his play, like I said if he comes in and helps stop the run and stays injury free, the pick will justify itself. I have a problem with his injury history seeing that Saints have the worst Medical staff in the league. I don't wanna see this guy on the injury list next to Peat and Turner this year.

Man you’ve got to be trolling me. He starts off about the injury history. Which is all I’m referencing lol. I know he wanted Bresee, I’m just talking about injuries. You’re f’ing with me, right? Lol

You said I’m just looking for negatives….I responded then Nick must be too, as he addresses it too.

Literally his first sentence. Literally.
“The Saints drafted a big, powerful defensive lineman with an injury history.”

The very thing the “superior” folks here are dismissing and making fun of others for being worried about.
Not trolling, it's just you have a pattern. You vehemently come out against a player in multiple posts only to after someone posts film study or real facts do you come out and say "I've changed my mind, I like him"
Yes that is the first sentence in Nick's article, but he does not harp on ACL or shoulder or kidney like a lot of people do . he also said"Bryan Bresee isn’t Marcus Davenport or Payton Turner. Time will tell how selecting the Clemson defensive tackle with the 29th overall pick in this year’s draft will turn out, because time is needed to evaluate every selection, but grouping all three of these guys together is the wrong approach." And that's what all of the negative crowd (Including you ) are doing

I've glanced over some of the negative posts on this guy and they seem to be mostly related to general dislike of Allen and Loomis. The health concerns are valid though, especially with our history of Davenport/Peat/Turner staying in the injury tent for much of their career.

That being said, his tape is really good. His stats may be mediocre, but he is a major presence on the field. He does not move backwards. Sometimes because he is too powerful, and sometimes because he is too quick. He isn't super raw like we usually pick, and has a really good motor. His hands seem really good on quick moves and his arms are strong on power moves. He is going to be a problem. He looks like a motivated prime Davenport on every play.

Edit: Adding in that he gets double teamed a lot. I'm not seeing him dominate and beat doubles to an elite level, but he shines when he is singled

NFL.com describes him as a guy who cant get out of the training room. Remember davenport?
He had a knee injury. While rehabbing that, he got his shoulder cleaned up.

Then he had a kidney infection and his sister died.

Other than one season with the knee, he wasn’t in the training room. He was in the hospital. Hope nfl.com can see the difference in that.

Oh, by the way, after getting his strength back from his kidney infection, he played the best football of his life. But yeah.

Do some research

How many players have surgeries after the season? If they can play through it they more than likely do. That’s why,,”if you’re not playing hurt you’re not really playing” is an expression.

Ok he tore his ACL in 2020 and had a kidney infection and dealt with the loss of his little sister in 2022. Not exactly a laundry list of injuries.

Anyway how many really healthy college players get drafted and then suffer the injury bug? You can’t always tell and sometimes it’s just flukes.

But no scout or professional evaluator denies Breese’s talent. We still needed to shore up the defensive line and he seems like an excellent addition that not only fills a big need but was one of the best players on the board.
I may be ultra sensitive regarding injuries based on the last two years watching players drop like flies, leading to poor results for our Saints.

I also thought about that comparison. Both versatile, about the same 40 times (4.58 vs. 4.59), and similar measurables other than Drew Sanders is slighly taller at 6 ft 4. I mean, Sanders has a 37' vertical and Werner had a 39.5 vertical. Both are impressive. Even the negatives were similar in write ups, like "fall too easily for misdirection", etc. Both were highly productive in college. What grabbed me is that Sanders only has 1-yr. at LB under his belt. Can't wait to see what he does a couple of years from now.

Anyway, probably won't happen... Just someone I've noticed and really liked researching this draft. Same with Jack Campbell when it comes to Linebackers, but Campbell went way earlier than I expected to the Lions. Guess Dan Campbell needed his name sake on his team. I get it! I can be pretty defensive of Andrus Peat! :hihi:
We had a shot at him with the #2 pick but I like the Foskey pick. Could we or should we have traded up in round 3? Probably. We are woefully think at LB. Need LB'ers and OL on day 3.

We had a shot at him with the #2 pick but I like the Foskey pick. Could we or should we have traded up in round 3? Probably. We are woefully think at LB. Need LB'ers and OL on day 3.
Any free agent LBs or guards that could contribute?

Any free agent LBs or guards that could contribute?
LB's? Looking at Spotrac, if their info is up to date I see Zach Cunningham, Deion Jones, Myles Jack, and Kwon Alexander listed as available free agents. Chase Hansen too.

Guards? A few old guys like Rodger Saffold, Michael Schofield and Justin Pugh. In the under 30 group Dalton Risner, Trai Turner and guys I've never heard of. Not much to speak of, really..

LB's? Looking at Spotrac, if their info is up to date I see Zach Cunningham, Deion Jones, Myles Jack, and Kwon Alexander listed as available free agents. Chase Hansen too.

Guards? A few old guys like Rodger Saffold, Michael Schofield and Justin Pugh. In the under 30 group Dalton Risner, Trai Turner and guys I've never heard of. Not much to speak of, really..
The good thing is we don't need a guard right this moment. It is something we could plug next year and then take another shot in the draft. Do think we need to find a #3 LB this year though. Then we have the huge hole DD will create in the long term.

The good thing is we don't need a guard right this moment. It is something we could plug next year and then take another shot in the draft. Do think we need to find a #3 LB this year though. Then we have the huge hole DD will create in the long term.
We might not need a guard or a 3rd LB right now but there's a good chance we'll need either one at any point between game one and game seventeen.
Ram's knee brings back memories of Jaamal Brown. At some point Hurst becomes our starting guard which means that if Penning struggles we go from an All-Star OL to an All_Scrub Ol for the fourth year in a row.

Same for LB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom