Mike Tanier criticising Loomis' cap management again (1 Viewer)

Yep…with Drew Brees…playoff appearances aren’t a success. You can think what you want but history is going to say that we had the most talented team for a number of years with one of the great QBs of all-time and we struggled in the playoffs.

But again…I have no objections to Loomis’s strategy. It was the right strategy… but the Saints still need to play football. Loomis doesn’t wear pads.

Football is a business intended to sell beer to enthusiastic fans. The key to butts in seats is success and success is defined as whatever puts butts in seats. The Saints have been a success by that metric for the entirety of Payton's career. And, they will continue to be as long as we have a good product on the field with an opportunity to win and excite fants.

We have played football better than anyone over the past 5 years and you can't win a superbowl if you don't give yourself the chance. What Loomis has done was give us that chance. Any objection in hindsight is stupid. Period.

Football is a business intended to sell beer to enthusiastic fans. The key to butts in seats is success and success is defined as whatever puts butts in seats. The Saints have been a success by that metric for the entirety of Payton's career. And, they will continue to be as long as we have a good product on the field with an opportunity to win and excite fants.

We have played football better than anyone over the past 5 years and you can't win a superbowl if you don't give yourself the chance. What Loomis has done was give us that chance. Any objection in hindsight is stupid. Period.
I guess your opinion from a business perspective is fair.

I guess your opinion from a business perspective is fair.

So, did I fail in High School because I wasn't valedictorian?

Is toss custard Laude the mark of a loser?

Did the Bengals or Bucs just waste their time last year?

Just to put a final point on this, failure is what the Falcons do.

I want at least more than what Cleveland gave up for Watson. That means three #1s plus more otherwise I wouldn't trade him.
That would be nice, but I honestly would settle for the Gruden package.
Two 1st rd picks
Two 2nd rd picks
$8 million cash

We are entering an era where teams don’t value draft picks like they used to. So, what you are proposing is not that far fetched. A coach can make or break a team. SP would be one of the hottest commodities to ever hit the trade market.

Tanier is my least favorite kind of person. People who think they're hilarious, but in reality, they're just cringe-inducing.

Tanier is my least favorite kind of person. People who think they're hilarious, but in reality, they're just cringe-inducing.
I never liked that term because you're saying that they are still a favorite of yours, just the least favorite, and that's not what you mean at all I'm sure. Having said that, my least favorite person would be rapists and murderers.

That’s the “jackpot” scenario for next season… it’s unlikely, but the slots are still spinning!
To be fair, if Lutz had been good to go, even with everything else, we would've made the playoffs. Don't think we would've done much without Taysom under center, but we would've made it there. We had some all-time bad luck and still almost made it there.

To be fair, if Lutz had been good to go, even with everything else, we would've made the playoffs. Don't think we would've done much without Taysom under center, but we would've made it there. We had some all-time bad luck and still almost made it there.
Absolutely true! Lutz would have made all the difference! It came down to 1 game if the Saints were in or out, and Lutz would’ve won at least one more game had he been available! The Giants… there it is… Saints in the playoffs and anything can happen!!!!

Taysom Hill (despite being “permanently” moved to H-Back, played QB well enough for the Saints to get a ticket to the dance!
…after that, a hot streak can make legends happen!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom