Mike Tyson to fight Jake Paul (1 Viewer)

Going to start out as a fixed fight until Paul lands a hit that awakens Primal Mike Tyson's taste for human flesh he got from Evander Holyfield. Mike then proceeds to go full cannibal and devours Jake Paul in brutal and gory fashion live on Netflix.
We could only hope.

While appearing on Fox News, Mike Tyson discussed the intensity of his training and believes he'll have the speed advantage against his 27-year-old opponent.

"I don't think he's faster than me," Tyson said referring to Jake Paul. "I train every day. I take it serious."

"It's the process of going through the whole day. I get up in the morning and do the road work. Then I go to the gym at 1, then I go to the strength and conditioning guy, then it starts all over again."

Tyson then shared a moment to praise Jake for his journey from comedy influencer to professional boxer.

"He's come a long way from YouTube-ing. Listen, I've seen a YouTube of him at 16 doing weird dances, that's not the guy I'm going to be fighting."

"This guy is going to come, he's going to try and hurt me, which I'm accustomed to. And he's going to be greatly mistaken."

Despite the rumors of 18oz gloves and headgear, Mike Tyson has insisted that this will be treated as a real fight.

"[The rumors are] not true. Listen, this is called an exhibition but if you look up exhibition, you will not see any of the laws that we're fighting under. This is a fight.".......

I think Tyson will be in total control the whole time

But I don't think he'll knock Paul out in one or two rounds (I have no doubt that he could)

Mike knows this is a show. And he'll put on a show. He'll carry Paul for 7-8 rounds, let him get some shots in, let him save face and look better than some people think he would and after Mike's done enough for people to feel they've gotten their money's worth he'll end it (hopefully brutally)

I think Tyson will be in total control the whole time

But I don't think he'll knock Paul out in one or two rounds (I have no doubt that he could)

Mike knows this is a show. And he'll put on a show. He'll carry Paul for 7-8 rounds, let him get some shots in, let him save face and look better than some people think he would and after Mike's done enough for people to feel they've gotten their money's worth he'll end it (hopefully brutally)
I think I speak for the vast majority of viewers when I say I would much rather see Tyson KO Paul 1:30 into Round 1 than 8 rounds of BS. I want to see Tyson KO this fool 80's style. That's the kind of "show" I'd love to see.

Last edited:
I think I speak for the vast majority of viewers when I say I'd would much rather see Tyson KO Paul 1:30 into Round 1 than 8 rounds of BS. I want to see Tyson KO this fool 80's style. That's the kind of "show" I'd love to see.
That's what I want to happen too but it's not what I want to pay 60 bucks to see

That's what I want to happen too but it's not what I want to pay 60 bucks to see
isnt it on netflix? do we have to pay extra for the fight? or are they just trying to get people to get their own accounts and not password share.

edit. googled for those interested

Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul fight on Netflix: How to watch, livestream​

Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson will be streamed live on Netflix on July 20. The fight will be available for free to all Netflix subscribers.

This represents Netflix’s first foray into live boxing after broadcasting live tennis and golf exhibitions.

I think I speak for the vast majority of viewers when I say I'd would much rather see Tyson KO Paul 1:30 into Round 1 than 8 rounds of BS. I want to see Tyson KO this fool 80's style. That's the kind of "show" I'd love to see.
Seconded!

NEW YORK, April 1 (Reuters) - Mike Tyson will be 58 when he takes on Jake Paul on July 20 in Texas but he said fans are still clamouring to see the former heavyweight champion in action.

The bout between one of the most feared fighters in history and YouTuber-turned-boxer Paul will be held at the 80,000-seat AT&T Stadium in Arlington and streamed live on Netflix.

"I'm 58 and what? I'm getting billions of views from just talking to somebody about fighting," Tyson told Reuters.

"Everybody, even most of the athletes, they're jealous, that's whack... I say in your prime you couldn't draw a million people, man. What are you talking, you couldn't sell out arena. Who at 58 could sell out an 80,000-seat arena?"

'Iron Mike', who has a 50-6 record with 44 knockouts, said the 27-year-old Paul recognises the public's enduring interest in him...........

NEW YORK, April 1 (Reuters) - Mike Tyson will be 58 when he takes on Jake Paul on July 20 in Texas but he said fans are still clamouring to see the former heavyweight champion in action.

The bout between one of the most feared fighters in history and YouTuber-turned-boxer Paul will be held at the 80,000-seat AT&T Stadium in Arlington and streamed live on Netflix.

"I'm 58 and what? I'm getting billions of views from just talking to somebody about fighting," Tyson told Reuters.

"Everybody, even most of the athletes, they're jealous, that's whack... I say in your prime you couldn't draw a million people, man. What are you talking, you couldn't sell out arena. Who at 58 could sell out an 80,000-seat arena?"

'Iron Mike', who has a 50-6 record with 44 knockouts, said the 27-year-old Paul recognises the public's enduring interest in him...........

That's whack? We aren't back in the 80's, Mike. I mean, I'm not telling him that to his face or anything. :hihi:

When I saw that the YouTuber turned celebrity boxer Jake Paul is going to fight Mike Tyson on 20 July, broadcast live on Netflix, my first thought was: is this a joke? But I quickly realised that, like much of contemporary life, it was too stupid to be a joke, and so must be real. My second thought was: wouldn’t it be great to see Tyson – a former heavyweight champion – tenderise Paul’s body with some hooks, duck, then unleash the most savage-looking uppercut you’ve seen on his jaw? Maybe Iron Mike could even bite his ear off as well, just for old times’ sake.

Unfortunately for me and other misty-eyed boxing fans, Tyson will be 58 by the time the fight comes around, so that’s probably not going to happen. What is probably going to happen is that Paul will box at a range that’s too far for his opponent to reach until the old man he’s facing gets tired, then he’ll either knock him out or the match will be declared a draw.

You could look at this fight and see it as the canary in the coalmine for respectable, high-level boxing. If some annoying YouTuber fighting a retired boxer about 30 years his senior is going to be one of the most-watched fights of the year, doesn’t that show how far the real deal has fallen?

Not so. According to the 2021 Harris Poll, it’s the fourth most popular sport in America, ahead of MMA, and behind only American football, baseball and basketball. Over here in the UK, the EY Sports Engagement Index has boxing at No 8.

But since 2018, when Paul had his first fight, influencer boxing has also exploded in popularity. Followers of the sub-genre will be familiar with such colossal battles as Jake’s brother, Logan, v KSI, Salt Papi v Halal Ham, I Did a Thing v TheOdd1sOut and Uncle Pizza v YuddyGangTV. Tellingly, since his first fight, Jake Paul has more than doubled his net worth from $21m to $45m,mostly from returns from his boxing career.

There’s a huge amount of money riding on not just boxing, but this new, bastageised, influencer form of it. People watch traditional boxing for the skill, athleticism, gore and spectacle. Now there’s a version you can watch that takes away the skill, athleticism and gore, but has ramped up the spectacle to its most bombastic apex.……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom