Video Nick Underhill and Mike Triplett on the possibilities of a Head Coach change happening after the season (1 Viewer)

This being their last season needs to happen. In a perfect world they'd do it Friday the 22nd which is the day after the Thursday night game. Make Rizzi interim HC and promote Curry to play caller for the remainder of the season. Make a huge list of potential coaches, start talking to college coaches before the season even ends and then interview all of the top NFL coaches after the season. They need to get started as soon as reasonably feasible.
I was so feeling this post until I thought, "But we'll still have Loomis!"
Then I realized that he's arrogant enough that if he fell backwards into another successful coach like CSP, that'll be enuf for him to take full credit for being a genius and get out of the way.

I don't know how you could even bring back Dennis Allen regardless of what happens the rest of the way. 4$ tickets on 2nd hand market. Empty Seats, Boo's when there is 3 and outs or bad plays on the field, QB getting singled out and boo'ed. Infighting for a 3rd time on the field, Veterans saying the offense has no identity, Thomas popping off on twitter during a game. Team has not progressed very much since week 1 as the same mistakes and lapses keep being made on the field. Make no mistake, Dennis Allen lost this locker room, it is only pride for each other that is being displayed on the field right now.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

• 1Like
Reactions: mcg
I like to diddle and daddle in reality
The reality is that everything has become toxic. The record is just a small part of it. The performance and product are the worst they’ve been in a long time when you factor in schedule, etc. The trajectory of the organization is plummeting, as is attendance and fan morale.

It’s a business. And business is bad, getting worse with little hope of getting better under this regime.

If we finish on a 5-game winning streak, then sure. Reality can change. But right now, anything short of a division title and a decent showing in a playoff game will get DA sent packing, IMO.

They better not hang a Damm banner after winning this shifty division the way we're about to
Are you saying you won’t head straight to your local Academy to buy your division championship gear?

Yall are inserting your own narrative and don't even realize it. Watched again (after watching it last night). No mention of DA specifically. Could be talking about OC change, could be QB change. I know in the past they have said clearly that they think Pete is going to be the change this offseason. Maybe that is what they are talking about now. Maybe they are talking about HC. Who know but they don't say that in this video and they don't say he lost the locker room. Again might be true but it's not in this video that you quoted.
I mean the only narrative inserted is you saying they didn’t say the name that they definitely said.

Triplett literally says the name Dennis Allen in the clip. Nick’s response about the playoffs is not enough is based on Triplett mentioning Allen and a change happening or not happening based on if Allen makes the playoffs or doesn’t make the playoffs.

Watch the clip again to hear the name Dennis Allen. They never mentioned Carmichael or coordinator change at all. Triplett specifically said Dennis Allen and their dialogue is in reference to him after he’s mentioned.

Last edited:
The reality is that everything has become toxic. The record is just a small part of it. The performance and product are the worst they’ve been in a long time when you factor in schedule, etc. The trajectory of the organization is plummeting, as is attendance and fan morale.

It’s a business. And business is bad, getting worse with little hope of getting better under this regime.

If we finish on a 5-game winning streak, then sure. Reality can change. But right now, anything short of a division title and a decent showing in a playoff game will get DA sent packing, IMO.
If this was a new coach/QB in the same situation in year two, the fanbase’s reaction would be the opposite right now.
They would get behind a potential playoff push so soon after Brees/Payton.
It’s the person at this point. Dennis needs to go.

Yall are inserting your own narrative and don't even realize it. Watched again (after watching it last night). No mention of DA specifically. Could be talking about OC change, could be QB change. I know in the past they have said clearly that they think Pete is going to be the change this offseason. Maybe that is what they are talking about now. Maybe they are talking about HC. Who knows but they don't say that in this video and they don't say he lost the locker room. Again might be true but it's not in this video that you quoted.
Triplett definitely mentions Allen, says he thinks his job depends on making the playoffs. And then Nick follows up by saying it’s deeper than a playoff run, that they’ve already lost some players (can’t think of any context other than lost their confidence).

Triplett definitely mentions Allen, says he thinks his job depends on making the playoffs. And then Nick follows up by saying it’s deeper than a playoff run, that they’ve already lost some players (can’t think of any context other than lost their confidence).
None of the three are citing sources in the know. It's a speculative discussion with the caveat "I think" being thrown around.
No better and no worse than the conversations that go on here at SSF, just more of the same.

Olave caught that TD this past game and on the sideline the camera showed him making his way to Olave to tell him good job or whatever, Chris was having none of it, walked right past him but yet celebrated with another coach. These players have absolutely no respect for him any longer and it is so evident.
Looks like he doesn’t even acknowledge him. Sheesh.

View attachment RPReplay_Final1702405890.mov

If this was a new coach/QB in the same situation in year two, the fanbase’s reaction would be the opposite right now.
They would get behind a potential playoff push so soon after Brees/Payton.
It’s the person at this point. Dennis needs to go.
He's a repeat offender who got a second chance, he needs to get a harsh rebuke. This almost four full years of evidence as a head coach, he ain't got it.

Last edited:
I know that the sports industry is different from typical businesses in some aspects, but there are a lot of similarities also. This whole notion of “losing the locker room” makes no sense to me as a working adult and grown man. I’ve had both very good and very poor supervision throughout my career, but my high level of work ethic and my quality work product remained the same no matter who I reported to.
From what I’ve seen, I agree that DA is not head coaching material and is not a fit for the Saints at that position. I’ve also seen players making a ton of mistakes on a weekly basis, exhibit bad attitudes, and laziness - you can blame the HC if you want, that’s fine, but there is a lack of self-accountability on the players as well. You can do well in spite of your boss, and playing poorly and having a crappy attitude for all to see actually hurts you, the player, more than the coach you’re trying to get rid of.
To me, you go out there, play your arse off every week, and internally, you have discussions about the coaching, management, and whatever other issues that require resolution.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom