Video Nick Underhill and Mike Triplett on the possibilities of a Head Coach change happening after the season (1 Viewer)

Ironically I think Nick is letting his frustration/disdain get to him and is venturing into fan territory. He knows as well as we do that barring a catastrophic collapse that Allen will be back and so will Carr lol.

It’s a 10-11 win team being coached down. Personnel usage and hiring/retention decisions have been bad.

I kept saying we got great value from Dalton for 4M and Jameis is good value for an expected starter. Carr’s price should have been 25M with a contract similar to JimmyG.
In a world before the salary cap and runaway salaries for marginal players, then that would indeed be reality. Finks would’ve loved to hire you as his assistant 😁

Ironically I think Nick is letting his frustration/disdain get to him and is venturing into fan territory. He knows as well as we do that barring a catastrophic collapse that Allen will be back and so will Carr lol.

Nick has been so cautious prior to past two weeks and has made such a sudden swing that I'd be inclined to think he has more intel on this than just guessing.

I am not sure how you ignore the entire collapse of the stadium business, which I am sure is equally or more reflected by parallel barreling declines in merchandise sales. I am not sure how you ignore the clear team discontent.

Mickey has been acting unbelievably tone deaf, indifferent, and complacent, but that could be an overly active discipline about messaging and not abandoning his handpicked coaches while they are vulnerable to rebellion during season.

If he actually does repeat this, then yeah, there's something seriously and irretrievably wrong.

Not to be negative but I think MT and AK abandon ship after this season regardless of what happens, I wouldn't blame either one of them.

Nick has been so cautious prior to past two weeks and has made such a sudden swing that I'd be inclined to think he has more intel on this than just guessing.

I am not sure how you ignore the entire collapse of the stadium business, which I am sure is equally or more reflected by parallel barreling declines in merchandise sales. I am not sure how you ignore the clear team discontent.

Mickey has been acting unbelievably tone deaf, indifferent, and complacent, but that could be an overly active discipline about messaging and not abandoning his handpicked coaches while they are vulnerable to rebellion during season.

If he actually does repeat this, then yeah, there's something seriously and irretrievably wrong.
Well listening to the podcast, Trip gave a reasonable take, then Nick starts with yeah, I don't "think" the playoffs will be enough. That to me suggested a feeling based response more than a hidden knowledge response. His heel turn seems to coincide with Carr rubbing him the wrong way.

I think Nick did a great job of speculating and creating conversation while getting their video shared. That’s all. He doesn’t know if players quit on DA. Why would anyone share that outside of the building? The players are still being professionals and fighting on the field. There’s no sign to them quitting on the game plan. Players freak out on the field on every team on any Sunday. It’s just magnified here because we’re losing.

Also, I think DA lost his job three weeks ago in Atlanta. That was a prove it game for Loomis, he alluded to it on a radio interview. It needed to be a clean game with a good game plan and it was everything but that. If the team wins out and they look organized doing it, then yeah I think he could save his job, but I like my chances of winning the powerball over that happening.

It’s a 10-11 win team being coached down. Personnel usage and hiring/retention decisions have been bad.

I kept saying we got great value from Dalton for 4M and Jameis is good value for an expected starter. Carr’s price should have been 25M with a contract similar to JimmyG.
Carr should've been on a prove it deal

Carr has to be back for at least one season because of the contract. I'm not sold on the idea that Allen is going to get a third year. If the Saints don't win the division I can see a number of players going with, "it's either him or me" and Loomis will have his hand forced.

I hope Nick is right. I ain’t gonna follow my team at all next year if Allen’s still the coach. The present staff destroyed 15 years of culture with terrible play, bad roster decisions, losing the locker room, no one would like to play for us anymore. If the management doesn’t want to fix this, I’m quitting until they do. Allen’s tenure is a losing one in every facet, it’s not just the record

It's also a business decision to at least be on the right side of the mob. I imagine trying to sell the teams' PR is not good for business right now.

Carr should've been on a prove it deal
2 years/$75 million would’ve made too much sense for the team’s immediate goals and long term roster flexibility. They caved in to the guaranteed $ to go all in for the division title and looking out for the HC.

Triplett: Make the playoffs and Dennis Allen is the coach next year. Miss the playoffs and they can make a change at Head. Missing the playoffs, when you’ve built your whole team around taking advantage of this weak division, and not being able to do it two years in a row. That can be enough to make a change, even if it’s 8-9. You let someone else win this division two years in a row, that can be it.

Underhill: Just making the playoffs isn’t enough at this point. There’s a possibility of losing players even if they make the playoffs. Maybe some of that is already going on.

Underhill saying that definitely means that there's discontent in the locker room.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom