Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (1 Viewer)

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Is this thing the Muhammad Ali of chicken sandwiches? Thats what I've heard so far. Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's had to chime in.

If so, I fully expect if I try to get one of these things on my cheat day, they'll b nice and out of em.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Back in high school I went through a brief BK chicken sandwich phase. I thought they were good. One night I woke up with some kind of food poisoning. It sucked. Haven't had one since.
same, except for me, it was hungry jacks.

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
same, except for me, it was hungry jacks.

c4760b5e-363d-4431-bde6-da67c3f36f2b_text.gif

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Back in high school I went through a brief BK chicken sandwich phase. I thought they were good. One night I woke up with some kind of food poisoning. It sucked. Haven't had one since.

I used to love the BK chicken sandwich.. from the time i was a little kid, it was always my go-to whenever we went there.. for some reason, what sticks out to me about it was how they cut the sandwich in half, but instead of slicing it normally, it was sort of a diagonal slice... weird.. And I remember when i was in college, they came out with the “international” versions of their chicken sandwich- they slapped on some marinara sauce and called one the ‘Italian’ chicken sandwich’, salsa for the ‘Mexican’, etc.. Silly, but they were actually pretty good.. havent had one in years though.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
I used to love the BK chicken sandwich.. from the time i was a little kid, it was always my go-to whenever we went there.. for some reason, what sticks out to me about it was how they cut the sandwich in half, but instead of slicing it normally, it was sort of a diagonal slice... weird.. And I remember when i was in college, they came out with the “international” versions of their chicken sandwich- they slapped on some marinara sauce and called one the ‘Italian’ chicken sandwich’, salsa for the ‘Mexican’, etc.. Silly, but they were actually pretty good.. havent had one in years though.
My wife and I grab one about twice a year. They still taste exactly the same as I did when I was a kid. I eat nothing else at BK.

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
I loved the "Italian" one with the marinara sauce and provolone cheese. I also recall the "French" one was a cordon bleu where they threw ham and Swiss cheese on it. Never tried that one.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah, the diagonal cut and the sub-like shape of the sandwich was definitely different. I liked it when I was in college. I lived directly across the street from the one at the corner of Johnston Street and W. St. Mary Blvd. The was a BK and a Taco Bell at that same intersection. Sort of rotated between BK, Taco Bell and Olde Tyme Grocery (their shrimp poboys...too good!).

donato

Regal Beagle V.I.P.
Reaction score
The Italian one was also to my liking. Never tried any other chicken sandwiches at BK.

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
I was a fan of the orginal BK chicken sandwich, especially the Italian one. That thing smacked pretty damn good. But I think not many people know about the new spicy chicken sandwich that's also pretty damn good. I think they rolled it out with the whole chicken sandwich war or whatever but it's pretty good. Similar to Wendy's but not quite as good. Spicier I think, but not quite as good.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Also tried the KFC sandwich a couple weeks ago which I thought was very good

Not Popeyes good but definitely a contender

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I want to give their fried chicken sammich a try asap, I've heard good things about 'em...

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
I want to give their fried chicken sammich a try asap, I've heard good things about 'em...
Oh its really freaking good. I've had it a few times. The only one I think is better is District Donuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom