Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (3 Viewers)

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s not that I didn’t think it would be good, it’s that my Popeyes is like 30 minutes away and I could never embrace the 42 grams of fat. Those two things made it just something I never did.

The drive sucks but I can say that the fat grams distribute very symmetrically around the waste and buttocks.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
They mean Popeyes "brought back" nuggets -- they had them around 1986-87 or so. At least at the location near Transcontinental and West Esplanade in Metairie. That was the one location that Al Copeland himself still owned, so maybe they tried stuff out at that location.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Had Hardee’s BLT chicken ranch sandwich just the other day

solid B

not top tier but far from the worse I’ve had

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Had Hardee’s BLT chicken ranch sandwich just the other day

solid B

not top tier but far from the worse I’ve had
I haven't had their's but that's maybe my favorite sandwich ever. Adding fried chicken and ranch dressing to a BLT is awesome. Oh, and the cheese as well.

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
They mean Popeyes "brought back" nuggets -- they had them around 1986-87 or so. At least at the location near Transcontinental and West Esplanade in Metairie. That was the one location that Al Copeland himself still owned, so maybe they tried stuff out at that location.
They had them at other locations. It was my go-to as a kid when the family got Popeyes, since I wasn't a big fan of bone-in chicken. Those nuggets with their sweet and sour dipping sauce was the bomb.

zatsnzapps

Do you have a pwobwem...?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bawlmer, Merlyn via Birmingham and Metairie/Kenner
They had them at other locations. It was my go-to as a kid when the family got Popeyes, since I wasn't a big fan of bone-in chicken. Those nuggets with their sweet and sour dipping sauce was the bomb.
I used to live across Vets and over a few blocks from the Popeyes that became a Super Popeyes. The nuggets were great for a few reasons. First, they weren't hot, but they had a good flavor seasoning to them. Second, they weren't formed pieces-parts like the McNuggets - they were similar to Chick-fil-a nuggets where they were oddly shaped. And finally, they always gave you more in the order than your ordered. If you ordered a 9-piece, you got 11 or 12.

I loved those things.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
They've nixed onion rings and dirty rice 😭😭😭
Sure did, axing the good sides. I dont know about you all, but the few times I have ordered the chicken sandwich, I could only eat half of it due to some of it being undercooked in the thick areas of the breast, so after the 2nd time in a row, I'm noped out for good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom